lol... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:10 (3046 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was going to post "inb4 CheapLEY's 343i apologist post", but you had already posted when I refreshed the page. :P

I get that you liked Halo 5, because the gameplay was polished, and the storytelling was a step up from 343's previous works, but as someone who has followed the Halo story since I was 12, 343i has brought a massive quality drop to the Halo name, and a vast number of folks who post here and over at HBO have similar investment into the franchise, whether it's Snipe's love of the gameplay, Levi's love of the art direction, Bluerunner's love of the custom games, or Rev's love of the LAN games, 343i has fallen short for all of us in different ways where Bungie shone; but for me, personally, the story is where Halo has fallen from grace.

343 butchered the characters that I grew up with, and sloppily took the story in a bizarre direction that is nothing like the original games. I loved Halo 4's gameplay at launch (before the MLG babies cried enough to make 343 ruin it), and I would likely be really good at Halo 5 multiplayer (since I destroy at the harder-yet-superior Black Ops 3 gameplay), but it's the story that kills it for me (with the godawful art direction close behind).

That said, I still follow the Halo universe with hope. Who knows, I might even get Halo 5 after xmas, and I'm sure that Halo 6 will address a number of 343's weaknesses, but the damage they've done so far has been deep and permanent, and even though the thought of it shocks you, some of us are resentful towards 343 for that, even if Halo 5 is a step up from Halo 4.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread