Heh. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 00:09 (3073 days ago) @ ZackDark

I've been doing this to a lot of things in entertainment right now and I feel I'm disliking stuff way more rarely now. New music from my favorite bands, new movies from my favorite franchises/directors, books within beloved universes, etc. So much unease avoided.

Heh. I strongly dislike when people complain about new music by their favorite bands. If you don't like it, fine, but did you really expect them to Nickelback it and make the same record over and over again? You like the old stuff better, fine. It didn't magically disappear because they made a new record; go listen to that instead.

It's the biggest reason Brand New is my favorite band. Every album they release is drastically different from the last, none of their albums have the same sound, but they all sound exactly like Brand New. When they released At the Bottom as a preview of what Daisy was going to be, my girlfriend played it for me without telling me what she was making me listen to. I immediately knew it was Brand New, even though it doesn't sound anything like their older stuff. I love when bands experiment with new sounds.

I kinda take 343i's Halo with that same attitude. It's still obviously Halo, but they're playing with new sounds. (:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread