Should be back up now. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 27, 2015, 23:27 (3070 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It is! not that it really mattered. Got some good quality time in with Fallout 4! Its nice to have an incredible offline game to play for a change

It's funny, I've been having a really tough time sticking with any game that isn't online lately. Even Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is probably my personal game of the year, can't seem to pull me back the way Destiny does. There's just something about seeing other human players running around all over the place that has become the new "normal" for me. Any game that doesn't have it feels like its missing something.

Weird. I've been kind of the opposite lately. I pretty much completely stopped playing Destiny a few weeks ago because I enjoyed the way I didn't feel pressured by single-player games. Dragon Fin Soup was the first, especially since it's pseudo-turn-based. Then I've started playing Fallout, and though I wish it had co-op, I've really enjoyed playing a game that has something new around every corner just for me. I've avoided anything about it online, since it's neat to encounter stuff on my own, unlike the crowdsourced strategies and secrets of the Destiny community.

Heck, another reason that I stopped playing Destiny is because I like challenges, and Destiny is far too easy to really get anything out of it anymore in a personal sense. Pretty much any challenge is co-op based, and that's mainly because of mechanics and coordination. I'd love a platforming-heavy boss fight, or getting overwhelmed by minor enemies... But there's nothing like that in Destiny. It's built too much around the idea of being online, which is fine, but something I've grown a bit tired of.

Black Ops 3's campaigns on Realistic difficulty have been great, and partly why it's difficult to come back to the dumbed down casual difficulty of Destiny. Heck, I started Fallout 3 on Hard difficulty, which is a first for me with Bethesda's games, and yet I don't think I'd be having as much fun with the game otherwise (I've even run into an enemy that I simply can't defeat, and so I parkoured around his lair, looted it, and ran off. I'll go back for him later). And the best part is that the game rewards you for doing so with increased loot drops and tough enemy variants. Destiny just gave you sponged up enemies back when we could actively make the game harder, so it wouldn't be too hard for the casual folks.

I love Destiny, but it needs a bit more stuff for the Hardcore folks. So far, it's slowly turning into a slog. I can't wait for those Raid challenges, even though they're likely going to be coordination/mechanics-based as well...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread