Should be back up now. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 19:47 (3061 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's funny, I've been having a really tough time sticking with any game that isn't online lately. Even Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is probably my personal game of the year, can't seem to pull me back the way Destiny does. There's just something about seeing other human players running around all over the place that has become the new "normal" for me. Any game that doesn't have it feels like its missing something.

I was having a discussion with speedracer about game design, and the point he keeps making, which granted does have merit, is that you have to stretch out online games to keep people playing. You have to do this, because you are right - it's way better to play games with other people, and if nobody is online that means you can't.

My idea for a mandatory 4 player co-op game would solve that no? The 'long time' part would come about because you'd have to sit down and schedule time with your friends. If a game had 100 hours of real honest to goodness content, then that will take a long time to finish with your friends.

You could therefore forgo the types of time wasting design elements common in online games.

You have your cake and eat it too. It might be 'hard' to get a group together to play, but people would manage like they do with board games and sports.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread