Will there be any more paid DLC? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 21:24 (3071 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah... You don't have the data to say that for certain. For instance: Was the recent Festival of the Lost paid for by people who bought vanilla Destiny? Or The Taken King? Or was that event funded partially or even completely by micro transactions? Will we possibly get more content in the future that we otherwise would have thanks to the addition of micro transactions?

Yeah, because the Festival was substantial content. Not.

Seriously? You do realize that pretty much everyone loved Festival of the Lost right? Is it substantial? No, I guess not. But I'm personally okay with tossing them a few bucks if we continue to get fun little events like that added to the game, or continued regular weapon balancing, or any number of other small, quality of life improvements.

The world isn't black and white; it doesn't have to be one or the other. They're not wrong in saying that microtransactions and paid DLC can co-exist.

It is one more bullet point against Kotaku, though, and continues to show that they basically just make shit up. I still enjoy reading them, because they provide entertainment, but they're clearly not journalists, despite apparently thinking they're god's gift to the industry. I wonder if Bungie/Activision will blacklist them, now. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread