A look back to 2013 (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 16:28 (3071 days ago)

So I recently re-read the Kotaku article about the problems Destiny had mid-development and that prompted me to want to look back to the e3 trailers and vidocs from a few years ago.

It's interesting to look back and see all the small changes knowing what we know now. Some things are recycled, some things completely overhauled and some missing completely.

It's still odd to realize that the Destiny you played a year ago (for better and worse) is gone. It no longer exists.

I enjoyed watching these videos again and spotting all the things that are different, from names to animations. I even saw some loot that was just NOW metered out in the TTK, and there is still loot we haven't gotten yet.

At the same time, I did not enjoy seeing Marty and Joe's appearance in these videos and knowing they aren't part of that team anymore.

Still, looking back on these now I'm optimistic about what their plans are to make the next full release the game they intended to give us a year ago.

Enjoy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread