King's Fall Heroic: Complete *Video* (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 17:04 (3070 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Congrats! Hope I get to do this before Destiny 2. :)

Whenever you feel like you might be ready to tackle it, I'll commit to doing it with you. I haven't done the Heroic raid, and don't see myself doing it anytime really soon. I got my headset back from Astro and haven't had any issues with an echo, so it seems like that's fixed on my end. (:

The thing that makes Heroic a real pain in the butt is that you basically need to plan on running everything up to the final boss several times before you can actually take on Oryx. Most of the raid is totally doable at 305-310, but the final battle is nearly impossible if you're below 311. Maybe as time goes on we will have more ways to get our light up that high (Trials and Iron Banner now have a chance of yielding 320 gear).

Had a great time Friday playing all the raids with Petetheduck & co. It was a nice way to get back to Destiny after several weeks or not playing.

It's interesting that old Year 1 content seemed to be the thing that pulled me back in last night, too, helping General Vagueness through Crota and some Prison of Elders. Was a good time with lots of laughs, and it served as a great reminder of the things at which Destiny exceeds.

Beating King's Fall that first time was one of my Destiny highlights, but I think VoG and Crota's End are both more fun to jump in and casually replay with friends. They're not as long or exhausting, and they leave more room for improvising or going on "auto pilot" so I can just relax and chat without putting 100% of my focus on the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread