On the other hand... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 30, 2015, 18:17 (3063 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And honestly, that line of thinking about handing out trophies is part of the problem. I shouldn't have to be in the top 1% of players to reach maximum level and get weapons that are worth a shit and actually fun to use.

As far as I can tell, once your gun is 310 or above it'll do fine in all the hardest content: The raid, Nightfall, and Trials. So, as long as you can get it to around 310, you should be able to use it anywhere you want to.

The problem is that overall light level has an effect on damage too, and so armor becomes just as important. It was a pretty significant jump in damage during the Oryx fight from 310 to 311. That's one light level, so it shouldn't be that dramatic. There are still stair steps when it comes to enemy level - 10 levels below, 20 levels below etc. Wasn't this what the light system was supposed to avoid? It should be completely granular.

Because of that, it's really important to get to 311. Beyond that, at least for now, doesn't provide a huge benefit. It may in challenge mode, so who knows. I'm completely fine with the idea that max level is not required, but simply provides smaller and smaller benefits as you progress toward it. I am in no hurry to hit 320. Right now I'd just like to have options that keep me at 311.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread