Revives in Hard Mode (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 00:50 (3063 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think this is actually a complaint about a different problem.

1- It's super hard to get your light level to 311 or greater, and it's a death-fest if you have a few people on that fight lower than that.
2- There is no room for mistakes. Technically you "only" need 4 people for oryx -- 3 on platforms and 1 runner... but that's really not true as without that extra 2 person's worth of DPSing, you'll get overwhelmed and die without really high light levels. (See also point 1)
3- On the oryx fight, if a bunch of badly placed eyes spawn for some reason, you are likely to see someone drop due to being suddenly overwhelmed rather than because they failed at any particular skill-check.

So people are pissed at revives -- because they'd rather revive and keep an attempt going than wipe and start over. Adding revives would fix the problems the raid has with the points above.

But I don't think that's the right fix, just a way for people to easily address the above 3 points. Because hard-mode oryx isn't much different than normal, just a couple extra knights and no revives, along with a gear check. Which is actually a lot of what people are also grumbly about -- it's about the same, but was billed as being more different.

I also think that this was somewhat intentional by bungie. They don't want people 1-2 manning the raids where possible, they want them to be 5-6 person efforts.

Without changing the fight more substantially, I'm not sure what could be done to quickly solve this particular set of issues.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread