A Guardian's Scent... (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 07:17 (3070 days ago)

While looking for Calcified Fragments tonight, I came across a chest on the very far side of the Mausoleum chasm, which didn't ask for a key; it said "A Scent is the Key" ... curious, but I couldn't hang around too long because 3 invincible Blind Thrall started attacking me, so I had to get outa Dodge.

While wandering around the rest of the Mausoleum, I found one Fragment on a shelf in one of the little side rooms, and while I was looking up the location of another one, I noticed that my screen was going all green and wonky-weird, and there were some seriously crazy voices getting louder, then all of a sudden my screen popped up with a message that said I had acquired "Scent of the Worm", with a 1 minute timer counting down! I immediately remembered the chest, and booked it over to the invisible platforms...but I wasn't quick enough to get to the chest in time; scanning for the platforms slowed me down.

Challenge Accepted.

I spent a couple minutes practicing the jumps, blind (and made sure I was spec'd for Agility and was wearing the Bones), and took to it. I didn't get it on the first try, or the second, or the...you get the idea....but I DID get it, and that's obviously the video I'm sharing. :)

Bonus; The chest has a Calcified Fragment in it! Honest, I didn't know what was in the chest, I forced myself to not Google the contents once I had discovered it. This is one of the few things I can say I discovered for myself without any help from the internet; just plain old playing the game. :D

So how out of touch AM I? How many of you already knew about this, and how many of you already have that Fragment?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread