Keep your friends close... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 07, 2015, 12:44 (3068 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Everyone I know has an XB1 and maybe a few have a PS4, and the only things we play on them are exclusives and a megaton of Rocket League.

it's the opposite for me. Heck, some of the Xbox folks around here are getting PS4s. Many were hoping that the MCC and Halo 5 would be good, but, well...

Anyway, for more recent stats, it turns out that Battlefront's PS4 population is bigger than Xbone's and PC's combined. It's one thing that Xbox's sales were less than 2:1 against PS4, but when you include the massive number of PC gamers, and it's still in favor of the PS4... I can't imagine the Destiny population being an exception.

I'm looking into getting a PS4 pretty soon, with all the cheap bundles now, and I've owned nothing but Xbox since the first one. Well, I had a Wii for a brief period, but that didn't last long. I've wanted a PS4 since launch, but I had to stick with an Xbox for Halo. Most of my friends decided that wasn't enough for them, though, and switched from a 360 to a PS4 this gen. So your anecdotal evidence matches up pretty closing with mine on that front.

Just yesterday, Best Buy had a $300 PS4 bundle that included the Nathan Drake Collection and Destiny: Legendary Edition. Holiday deals are looking pretty sweet.

The one outlier for anecdotal evidence is my brother, who loves the PS4, but wants an Xbox One because of backwards compatibility (namely Reach) and the MCC, even though he despises Halo 4 (and what he's seen of 5), and has little interest in any other Xbox exclusives. He's weird...

But saying massive numbers of PC gamers is a little disingenuous. The numbers I've seen for Battlefront put PC players at less than half of Xbox One players.

Yeah, I should have clarified. I meant in the sense that despite PC having such a massive playerbase, which tends to help a lot in terms of game numbers (if even 10% of PC players played Battlefront, that would be an insanely high number of players compared to 10% of Xbox's population, or PS4's. And PC gamers love their shooters... But yeah, I wasn't trying to say that Battlefront's PC playerbase was what was massive... But less than half of the Xbone's? Sheesh... People must reeeeally hate Origin. :P

Still, it's a significant statistic that likely carries over to other franchises.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread