A few Trials videos (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 07, 2015, 15:27 (3068 days ago)

Had a great run through Trials with TheeChaos (who I've nicknamed "The Unstoppable") and always impressive Ottermack on Saturday night. We played 10 games straight, and won them all. I didn't play as well as I usually do, but with Chaos and Ottermack having several deathless games (including an awe-inspiring 15-0 game from Chaos) it didn't really matter.

Widow's Court has been one of my favorite Trials maps in the past, and this week was no exception. 2 things really jumped out at me: a) This map is a sniper's paradise, and
b) I need to step up my snipe game!

I recorded a few videos for anyone who wants to see how the map plays, what kinds of formations and rotations tend to work well, etc.

Fastest match ever

This first video is probably the fastest victory I've ever seen in Trials. We defeated the enemy team in almost 4 minutes flat. We only had 2 deaths the entire game (I got sniped twice in a single round).

Comeback

This next video was the only close match of the night. The enemy team pulled ahead 3-0 before we found our groove. We ended up winning 5-4.

5-0 Win

This final video is another 5-0 blowout, which features some good examples of getting a quick kill and trapping the enemy orb to force the other team into unfavorable situations.

Another weekend of Good times.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, December 07, 2015, 15:32 (3068 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't know how on earth you use the Reflection sum. You do well with it, I just can't stand it.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 07, 2015, 15:39 (3068 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I don't know how on earth you use the Reflection sum. You do well with it, I just can't stand it.

Mine has really good stability (near max). Statistically, my Apple of Discourd looks better in every way, but it doesn't seem to hit quite as reliably. I have no idea why.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, December 07, 2015, 15:44 (3068 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think the speed is the problem for me. I can get about 3 MAYBE 4 bursts in the time it takes it to shoot 2. (I don't have a source for this just best guess)

Of course I will probably roll back to TLW after the update this week.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 07, 2015, 16:01 (3068 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I think the speed is the problem for me. I can get about 3 MAYBE 4 bursts in the time it takes it to shoot 2. (I don't have a source for this just best guess)

If I'm not mistaken, the Rate of Fire is identical to Nerwin's Mercy. It's a pretty quick 3-shot kill. Not quite as fast RoF as Hawksaw, but it hits harder and has better range.

That first shot in that first video

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, December 07, 2015, 15:51 (3068 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

What is going on there? You shoot and it takes like 1.5s before anything happens, and you hardly got a headshot.

That first shot in that first video

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 07, 2015, 15:59 (3068 days ago) @ kidtsunami

What is going on there? You shoot and it takes like 1.5s before anything happens, and you hardly got a headshot.

That was a strange moment. There was some severe lag on the hit reaction. It absolutely was a headshot, though. I swept up as I pulled the trigger, and the bullet traced right to his face. I remember because I had enough time to say to myself "WHAT?! THAT TOTALLY HIT HIM!" before the game caught up and he dropped :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread