Bungie E3 2013 Day2 recap

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:40 (3980 days ago)

Check it out!

Saturn? Confirmed playable location?

Also, DAT BEAUTIFUL MUSIC! Marty, you wonderful man...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:46 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Mercury and Jupiter both show up later in that presentation, as well. Dunno if it means anything, but we can hope!

Cool thanks!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:48 (3980 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

- No text -

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:46 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

With the mention of Saturn, I wanted to point out another possible playable location/planet. In the gameplay trailer at the 2:14 mark, we see a ship flying into a skyline with a backdrop of what appears to be the sun. The sun looks REALLY BIG and REALLY CLOSE and REALLY HOT. Do we get to fly to and play on Mercury? Why is there a freaking city on Mercury in the first place?!?

EDIT: Apparently Mercury shows up in the video as well, it just didn't show up in the recap. Thanks Demagogue.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:51 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

With the mention of Saturn, I wanted to point out another possible playable location/planet. In the gameplay trailer at the 2:14 mark, we see a ship flying into a skyline with a backdrop of what appears to be the sun. The sun looks REALLY BIG and REALLY CLOSE and REALLY HOT. Do we get to fly to and play on Mercury? Why is there a freaking city on Mercury in the first place?!?

I think the bigger question is how humans (I presume) terraformed all these planets. Don't get me started on the physics. Then I realize the obvious answer - Space Magic. Seems Legit.

Oh and I have good news MR Daax. Your observation is correct. The Sun is indeed REALLY BIG and REALLY CLOSE (astronomically speaking) and REALLY HOT. Just FYI. :P

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:01 (3980 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I think the bigger question is how humans (I presume) terraformed all these planets.

Yes, I wonder that as well. Also, proof. Warning: That is the TvTropes forum; one click can take you to possibly the most addictive site in existence. Including that last link. Also, this one. Okay, back onto topic. I do hope there will be a fair amount of planets/planetoids to visit, even if that means less content per planet. Anyone else's thoughts? And hooray Mercury! I wonder if it will have a place to find exotic magic boots...

Was about to say space station close to Sol, but...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:08 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

...there's clearly some landscape there. I'm taking Mercury as confirmed, unless the space station is mighty dusty.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:03 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Marty's score will be a perfect companion to Destiny. It adds to the notion of wonder and splendor that any great science fiction epic is accompanied by. It'll be a treat to listen to whether you're exploring the cosmic wilderness or going to visit your weird ass family.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:26 (3980 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Marty's score will be a perfect companion to Destiny. It adds to the notion of wonder and splendor that any great science fiction epic is accompanied by. It'll be a treat to listen to whether you're exploring the cosmic wilderness or going to visit your weird ass family.

Obligatory Music Link. "Chill Exposure"

Am I the only one who can't remember that song? o_o

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:30 (3980 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Am I the only one who can't remember that song? o_o

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:56 (3980 days ago) @ ZackDark

Was when you're out in space during Cairo Station.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:32 (3980 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That track was the best! A perfect tune to conduct an EVA in or just stare at the raging space battle.

And another bit of recap

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:27 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Nobody ever gives me any schwag

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:33 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

I got schwag once. . .

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:37 (3980 days ago) @ Grizzlei

. . . there were no survivors.

Don't ask About Halo-Fest.

I got schwag once. . .

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:41 (3980 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

What happened at Halo Fest?

*D'oh!*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 20:54 (3980 days ago) @ Grizzlei

What happened at Halo Fest?

I both brought and got swag. I tried to get it signed at the VIP event. With a few exceptions people dodged me left and right. Then I saw Griesemer. With my trademark pure enthusiasm I went to get my stuff signed by an OG Bungie. Long story short ;_; He dodged me too.

On that day I learned those at Bungie can be Human and even *Crush* one of its biggest fans at a VIP event. On the upside - Marty is totally Boss. Just wow. Bonnie Ross is too as I recall.

I TOLD YOU NOT TO ASK!!! ;_; Now I'm sad. Like - For real. I feel it like it was yesterday.

One time Marty punched me in the face

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:05 (3980 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

...IT WAS AWESOME!

Okay, yes, I was only joking, he seems like a very nice man. While I did meet him with his drink bottom up, Marty was happy to sign my limited edition Halo 2. I'm happy that Bungie has so many great personalities that you want to seek and thank them for their impact on you. :)

That reminds me

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:34 (3980 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

...of my own rather embarrassing fan moment. It was summer 2010, and Bungie was still in Kirkland making Reach. My younger brother and I decided to just drop by Bungie on our way down to California (we were moving.) We arrived giddy with fan excitement, and timidly walked back and forth in front of the building housing, what was for us, fan Paradise. Soon Luke Timmins happened to come out and we talked with him for a few minutes. I was ridiculously excited, but was surprised at how cool I managed to play it :) Luke Timmins is an awesome guy, I'm glad we got to meet him. He even offered to let us inside for a bit, but he had to leave for a while first. Sadly, we never got to take him up on that opportunity. After he left, we continued to hang out in the area around the building.

It wasn't long until we noticed that a couple devs were hanging out at the backside of the building. I only recognized one of them, and only because his awesome beard had been on display during a couple vidocs. Sage. At this point I could no longer keep my cool. The fan in me burst out with wreckless abandon and from across the parking lot I yelled "Hey Mr Sage, can I get a picture with you?"

Sad, I know. I can still feel the embarrassment when I think about it. Sage awkwardly replied with an, "Uuuhhh, No." I was crushed, not so much because he said no, but because of how stupid I acted. Hey, at least I got a funny story out of it :)

And with a few years of maturing and now being a member of the borg community, I have regained my cool. I look forward to hopefully meeting the Bungie guys and gals in the future (Destiny release party!) as I now see them less as celebrities and more as really cool people who make really cool games.

That reminds me

by Jillybean, Friday, June 14, 2013, 08:30 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I once threw a packet of jaffa cakes at Frankie while he was carrying the console that had a Halo 3 test on it.

Needless to say, if his reflexes were any worse, I wouldn't have been flavour of the month at that LAN

I want Pluto to have been terraformed into a beach planet.

by zumphry ⌂ @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:05 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

That'd be really cool

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, June 14, 2013, 04:13 (3980 days ago) @ zumphry

Like, literally.

That'd be really cool

by zumphry ⌂ @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 04:28 (3980 days ago) @ RC

Like, literally.

Yeah.

The only problem is, why'd you need snowcones at the beach when there'd be snow at the beach?

Or, maybe the snow would be the beach?

Hell, I dunno. I'm no scientologist.

What about a dog park?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 05:59 (3980 days ago) @ zumphry

badumtish

What about a dog park?

by zumphry ⌂ @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 13:48 (3980 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

badumtish

I think you mean TIGER park, thanks. This ain't CallOfDutyGhosts.Bungie.Org.

thank god

i get it

What about a dog park?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 14, 2013, 21:17 (3979 days ago) @ zumphry

New Mombasa Uplift Preserve: Pluto Edition?

What about a dog park?

by zumphry ⌂ @, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 22:30 (3978 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

New Mombasa Uplift Preserve: Pluto Edition?

I just hope I can honk the horn on the Sparrow and get my Trophy.

Wicked sunburn, though...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 14, 2013, 04:56 (3980 days ago) @ zumphry

- No text -

Two more video online! Press Event and a Recap!

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Friday, June 14, 2013, 01:02 (3980 days ago) @ Mr Daax

The video for the press event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bDdtbH7i4g

And the recap of Day 2 with Deej:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZKfdbckUs

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread