Long Far Gone (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, January 09, 2016, 06:30 (3051 days ago)

I must have gotten this fast charging Fusion Rifle from a random drop at some point in the past, but... it is amazing. I've been running it on my Juggernaut Titan and battles go something like this:

1. I detect an enemy on radar and run towards their location.
2. The enemy spots me and begins firing at my Juggernaut Shield.
3. With them committed and relatively unmoving, I take aim and being charging Long Far Gone.
4. 90% of the time I immolate the enemy with ease.

It's almost to the point that it's not really fair. In one on one battles I have a massive and often decisive advantage. It seems clear to me that Fusion Rifles are back and very viable. I highly recommend Long Far Gone. I think you'll like it if you give it a chance. :)

Long Far Gone

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, January 09, 2016, 17:01 (3050 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I must have gotten this fast charging Fusion Rifle from a random drop at some point in the past, but... it is amazing. I've been running it on my Juggernaut Titan and battles go something like this:

3. With them committed and relatively unmoving, I take aim and being charging Long Far Gone.

It's almost to the point that it's not really fair. In one on one battles I have a massive and often decisive advantage. It seems clear to me that Fusion Rifles are back and very viable. I highly recommend Long Far Gone. I think you'll like it if you give it a chance. :)

It was offered to you (as a choice, with the other option being the Conspiracy Theory-D) as your first 300 weapon, for finishing some critical early quest. (I can't remember which one.) Most of us took the shotgun. :)

Long Far Gone

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, January 09, 2016, 17:43 (3050 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It was offered to you (as a choice, with the other option being the Conspiracy Theory-D) as your first 300 weapon, for finishing some critical early quest. (I can't remember which one.) Most of us took the shotgun. :)

The perks on that reward shotgun are excellent. The vendor roll on the LFG are far better then the reward one.

Long Far Gone

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 09, 2016, 18:11 (3050 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I was messing around with my Thesian FR4 and my Elevated Vision in Trials last week and was surprised by how well I did with both. On the right map with the right playstyle they can be devastating.

Long Far Gone

by Durandal, Monday, January 11, 2016, 14:43 (3049 days ago) @ Ragashingo

1. I detect an enemy on radar and run towards their location. <ERROR Player not found>
2. The enemy spots me and begins firing at my Back
3. With them committed and relatively unmoving, I panic and look for who's shooting me
4. I die

This is my ideal game plan when playing. As a hunter, I either try to hit from long range, or am planning an ambush. If I am sprinting towards a control point it is because I want to put a smoke and void grenade on it, or a trip mine.

I'm still gaining experience with Titans and Warlocks, but on those classes I still try to manage my signature to avoid tipping opponents off.

Long Far Gone

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 11, 2016, 14:47 (3049 days ago) @ Durandal

1. I detect an enemy on radar and run towards their location. <ERROR Player not found>
2. The enemy spots me and begins firing at my Back
3. With them committed and relatively unmoving, I panic and look for who's shooting me
4. I die

This is my ideal game plan when playing. As a hunter, I either try to hit from long range, or am planning an ambush. If I am sprinting towards a control point it is because I want to put a smoke and void grenade on it, or a trip mine.

I'm still gaining experience with Titans and Warlocks, but on those classes I still try to manage my signature to avoid tipping opponents off.

Yeah, so titans aren't about avoiding tipping opponents off as their only ability to confuse the enemy is to crouch. The only other possible way is by using air mobility with either the Twilight Garrison or Bellicose armor.

Long Far Gone

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 11, 2016, 15:28 (3048 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm glad you mentioned that. I choose the shotgun just the other day, and starting to bemoan my choice.

Long Far Gone

by Durandal, Monday, January 11, 2016, 16:32 (3048 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, so titans aren't about avoiding tipping opponents off as their only ability to confuse the enemy is to crouch. The only other possible way is by using air mobility with either the Twilight Garrison or Bellicose armor.

True, but that doesn't mean they can't. Titans just have to play the opener differently. You have shoulder charge, juggernought, Twilight Garrison, excellent grenades, etc.

Rushing straight at my opponents just generally has not been successful. I find that if I want to win, I need to prep with grenades, or come in fast from an unexpected angle. With skating you are on radar, but you are fast enough that there may not be enough time for opponents to react before you are in shotgun range. I will often creep reasonably close, then let loose with the grenade or run and slide into range before jumping and evading out.

Long Far Gone

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 11, 2016, 16:52 (3048 days ago) @ Durandal

True, but that doesn't mean they can't. Titans just have to play the opener differently. You have shoulder charge, juggernaut, Twilight Garrison, excellent grenades, etc.

Rushing straight at my opponents just generally has not been successful. I find that if I want to win, I need to prep with grenades, or come in fast from an unexpected angle. With skating you are on radar, but you are fast enough that there may not be enough time for opponents to react before you are in shotgun range. I will often creep reasonably close, then let loose with the grenade or run and slide into range before jumping and evading out.

This right here is my strongest complaint about Titans in Destiny. To be good in PvP a Titan has to go against their signature abilities to do well. Or at least far more than Warlocks or Hunters. That bugs me. A lot.

And Titan Skating, while it is a great ability, is not at all practical for anyone but pros who can do it without thinking about it.

Maybe I just suck at PvP and it's easy to bash on Titans in PvP because that's pretty much all I use, but I feel like Titans got the short stick in PvP.

The shotgun is the perfect crucible roll for it. Great move.

by Funkmon @, Monday, January 11, 2016, 16:54 (3048 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

For Demonstration Porpoises:

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 04:50 (3048 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This is what a Striker can do with Long Far Gone. :)

Thanks for the video explanation. I didn't believe you.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 13:43 (3048 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

For Demonstration Porpoises:

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 13:48 (3048 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This is what a Striker can do with Long Far Gone. :)

Yeah, I tried the same strategy but with a shotgun. Fusion seems like the safer bet for more situations. But when I was running shotgun I was fighting guys who would take one sniper shot at me and immediate kill me with the second one regardless of how close I was...

Damn snipers.

Long Far Gone

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 17:32 (3047 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What's the roll on yours?

I"ve got hipfire and hotswap, and it does alright, but it really needs a stability boost. When in hotswap I'ts got a nice vertical kick, but it's a BIG kick.

I was having some success with it today, but I need to get more used to it.

Long Far Gone

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 14, 2016, 05:13 (3046 days ago) @ electricpirate

What's the roll on yours?

I"ve got hipfire and hotswap, and it does alright, but it really needs a stability boost. When in hotswap I'ts got a nice vertical kick, but it's a BIG kick.

I was having some success with it today, but I need to get more used to it.

MD-Reflex, Surrounded, Braced Frame, Eye of the Storm.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread