Go on without me (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 19:15 (3001 days ago)

Sorry to get all riled up for a King's fall flawless raiders group, but you all will have to go on without me. I'm not playing Destiny anymore, and won't return until a significant content update. That doesn't mean crimson doubles.

I'd love to see you guys get this, but I don't have the motivation, time, or desire to really do it. I'm not giving up on the game - I'm only giving up until late 2016 / Early 2017 or whenever we get some actual stuff to do.

You said this last year

by Raflection, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 19:21 (3001 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Go on without me

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 19:45 (3001 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

What changed?

by marmot 1333 @, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 20:21 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Other content, or lack thereof, should not influence your decision to strive for a Flawless run. I thought you were doing that for fun, fellowship, and challenge.

I wasn't going to be part of that elite squad--but I'm curious. What changed for you in the past few weeks?

Go on without me

by Funkmon @, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 20:55 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Go on without me

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 21:20 (3000 days ago) @ Funkmon

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=81719

Uh, I specifically said I am not done with the game.

LOL

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 23:22 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Where exactly do those words appear? I must be blind, cuz I missed em....

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 23:26 (3000 days ago) @ Mid7night

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=104850

;)

I believe the point he's making is that this post is not the same as his post from last July. He's not rage quitting... just saying "I'll be back when there's new stuff to do" :)

LOL

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 23:43 (3000 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

;)

I believe the point he's making is that this post is not the same as his post from last July. He's not rage quitting... just saying "I'll be back when there's new stuff to do" :)

....sooo, he's Rage Pausing? Intent might be different, but the immediate outcome isn't.

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 08, 2016, 01:05 (3000 days ago) @ Mid7night

;)

....sooo, he's Rage Pausing? Intent might be different, but the immediate outcome isn't.

I don't detect any rage at all in his post today. Not sure what draws you to that conclusion. To me it sounds like a perfectly reasonable "I'm taking a break, see you all in a little while".

Yep.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 08, 2016, 03:32 (3000 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That's how it came across to me, too. Sounds like there were some tentative plans for a flawless attempt; he's letting those folks know they need to find someone else.

FWIW, I might be right there with you Cody. I played this weekend for the first time in months. I was planning on beginning the process of bringing my baby Titan up to snuff. After about thirty minutes I was bored and decided I didn't actually want to do that. I love Destiny, I just feel like I've done what I've wanted with it for the moment.

I ended up starting Halo Reach right after, but that didn't last long either. The campaign still plays like a freaking slideshow. ):

If it wasn't for bad timing I'd have no timing.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 08, 2016, 15:23 (3000 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ironically, I feel like I'm hitting my groove with destiny to an extent that I haven't ever since Kings fall came out.

LOL

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 23:49 (3000 days ago) @ Mid7night

I'm not giving up on the game - I'm only giving up until late 2016 / Early 2017 or whenever we get some actual stuff to do.

Learn 2 read.

LOL

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, February 08, 2016, 01:26 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not giving up on the game - I'm only giving up until late 2016 / Early 2017 or whenever we get some actual stuff to do.

Learn 2 read.

You were replying to (and even quoted the link) a previously-linked post; it appeared your claim was in reference to THAT post, not THIS one. Learn 2 B clear.

LOL

by Avateur @, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 01:49 (2999 days ago) @ Mid7night

Or just learn to read within the context of the thread that he himself posted. And is replying within with regards to the thread he himself posted. But it's more fun to Cody-bash than to read.

Now, onto my Cody bashing:

Cody, are you leaving because your internet blew up and Bungie previously said you gotta fix your own shit? Just move somewhere better.

LOL

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 04:42 (2999 days ago) @ Avateur

Or just learn to read within the context of the thread that he himself posted. And is replying within with regards to the thread he himself posted. But it's more fun to Cody-bash than to read.

Now, onto my Cody bashing:

Cody, are you leaving because your internet blew up and Bungie previously said you gotta fix your own shit? Just move somewhere better.

I'm done with Destiny until the next content drop. I am not done with DBO or the community. I'm still reading and posting here because I consider some people my friends and I do like to talk. Even you Korny.

It has nothing to do with anything here. The reasons aren't applicable to share here.

LOL

by Avateur @, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 23:41 (2998 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, I figured you weren't leaving here, and I fully got what you were saying in your first post. I was tongue in cheek wondering if it was the whole "fix your netz" thing that made you be done, though. Thanks for the reply!

Don't you have a sock to eat? And a LAN party to go to?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 21:43 (3000 days ago) @ Funkmon

Pot, meet kettle.

Kettle, meet pot.

See you next content update!

by slycrel ⌂, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 21:06 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Cool.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 21:34 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Right, see you tomorrow.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 21:41 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

A good soldier never leaves a man behind!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 22:01 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

You know, from Toy Story? :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 08, 2016, 05:06 (3000 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Go on without me

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 08, 2016, 15:50 (3000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sorry to get all riled up for a King's fall flawless raiders group, but you all will have to go on without me. I'm not playing Destiny anymore, and won't return until a significant content update. That doesn't mean crimson doubles.

I'd love to see you guys get this, but I don't have the motivation, time, or desire to really do it. I'm not giving up on the game - I'm only giving up until late 2016 / Early 2017 or whenever we get some actual stuff to do.

Everyone has a right to change their mind, and change it back again. See you around.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread