2.1.1 Natch Potes (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 16:07 (2992 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---02092016/en/News/News?aid=44324

Best thing:

Nightfall
Reduced the chance for ghost shells to be awarded from completing the weekly in favor of other rewards

Fixed an issue where the Vienna Singer ship was not dropping

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 16:37 (2992 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

It was dropping before :)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 16:42 (2992 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

by General Battuta, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 23:28 (2992 days ago) @ Chappy

Aw man, that's one of my favorite name/flavor text combos! Was it not showing up?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 23:35 (2992 days ago) @ General Battuta

Aw man, that's one of my favorite name/flavor text combos! Was it not showing up?

It's drop rate was just a lot lower than they wanted it to be.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 13:36 (2991 days ago) @ Xenos

I don't get how this is a difficult thing to get right. I mean, as a software developer I do understand how bugs or unforeseen behaviors can emerge, but... loot tables just seem so simple, how can you get the drop rates wrong?

I'm not being critical, I'm more just curious. :)

Probably an undetected wrong merge problem

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 14:15 (2991 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 14:18 (2991 days ago) @ dogcow

I don't get how this is a difficult thing to get right. I mean, as a software developer I do understand how bugs or unforeseen behaviors can emerge, but... loot tables just seem so simple, how can you get the drop rates wrong?

I'm not being critical, I'm more just curious. :)

If I had to guess (and this is a HUGE guess) I'd say it is probably a case of appropriate drop rates being misjudged in the design phase. As in, there's no technical mistake, it's just the person(s) in charge of setting drop rates thinking "we want this to be rare, so let's give it a 5% drop rate" and thinking that will "feel" ok to the player base. I understand that being a "loot" game is a big part of Destiny, and Bungie doesn't want drop rates to be too high because then players will quickly get everything they want and have no reason to keep playing... except I don't think that's how it actually works. Not for me, at least.

For example: it took me quite a while to get my first Fatebringer. When it finally did drop for me, I didn't suddenly stop playing VoG, or Destiny in general. I actually started playing the raid (and the rest of the game) MORE because Fatebringer made everything more fun. IMO, people shouldn't need to run a raid 50+ times to get all the raid gear they want. HAVING gear isn't fun. USING it is. But if players need to replay activities an insane number of times to get the gear they want, they're going to be sick of the activities by the time the gear actually drops. Nobody wins.

this this this this

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 14:37 (2991 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

For example: it took me quite a while to get my first Fatebringer. When it finally did drop for me, I didn't suddenly stop playing VoG, or Destiny in general. I actually started playing the raid (and the rest of the game) MORE because Fatebringer made everything more fun. IMO, people shouldn't need to run a raid 50+ times to get all the raid gear they want. HAVING gear isn't fun. USING it is. But if players need to replay activities an insane number of times to get the gear they want, they're going to be sick of the activities by the time the gear actually drops. Nobody wins.

When I look at a particular piece/weapon, I don't even consider the challenge necessary to get it, I consider the amount of time I'd have to waste to get it. There is literally no item in Destiny where I feel like the challenge is what is turning me off from pursuing it. This is exacerbated by the fact that once I acquire something that I may love, it'll need even more time to get infused...

Not to mention no heads up on sleeper days and I've missed out on that because I don't allow my life to revolve around a game enough to either 1. be on every day or 2. hop on day of because of an event that I couldn't have planned for

My Destiny play time has dropped DRASTICALLY since I hit around 309 because I felt like I couldn't experiment and the grind time was increasing.

I feel like Bungie has said "if you don't invest enough time in this game, we'll restrict how much fun you can have with it". It flies in the face of what I got out of Halo which was "Hey if you see someone make a jump, you can make it too, you just have to get good enough at it"

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 17:43 (2991 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

HAVING gear isn't fun. USING it is.

So true. This is why Destiny needs higher level PvE activities where you get no loot at all (okay, maybe a cosmetic or shader), but is hard enough that requires you to use all the sweet gear you have acquired previously in fun and / or unusual ways.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 17:53 (2991 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So true. This is why Destiny needs higher level PvE activities where you get no loot at all (okay, maybe a cosmetic or shader), but is hard enough that requires you to use all the sweet gear you have acquired previously in fun and / or unusual ways.

Strangely enough, that is what the Nightfalls have become for me. The rewards are an absolute joke, so I don't even think about them. I enjoy them for the modifiers and the way that encourages using weapons/abilities that I might not usually use.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 17:56 (2991 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Strangely enough, that is what the Nightfalls have become for me. The rewards are an absolute joke, so I don't even think about them. I enjoy them for the modifiers and the way that encourages using weapons/abilities that I might not usually use.

I should have said challenging instead of hard. Current nightfalls aren't really that challenging.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 18:04 (2991 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I should have said challenging instead of hard. Current nightfalls aren't really that challenging.

This week's Nightfall was pretty intense. Shield Brother's strike with Arc Burn (keep in mind many of the Taken do arc damage, plus the Psion's shockwave arc attack, plus the Bomb-brother's arc bombs)... all while throwing loads of enemies with Solar or Void shields at you. It made for a lot of interesting encounters, where we needed to think more strategically than usual.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 19:28 (2991 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think this is why I love the raid platforming sections so much... You don't need anything but skill, but you can have gear that changes the approach:

The most skilled folks use Warlocks, the least skilled use Triple Jump, and their kids can use Bones of EAO. :v

I also loved the Abyss run in Crota's End because of the way different gear affected the way a person or team could tackle the simple challenge of getting from point A to point B.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 20:03 (2991 days ago) @ Korny

The most skilled folks use Warlocks, the least skilled use Triple Jump, and their kids can use Bones of EAO. :v

Nothing but double jump with no bones first time through. I'm no casual man :-p

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 18:52 (2991 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This statement just needs more eyes on it. So very true.

+1

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 19:15 (2991 days ago) @ dogcow

I'm not going to use so many guns in Destiny because of this, it's not for a lack of skill.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 20:47 (2991 days ago) @ dogcow

This statement just needs more eyes on it. So very true.

BRB, gonna go print up some T-shirts ;)

I think Bungie accidentally a word.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 16:45 (2992 days ago) @ CyberKN

Fixed an issue where the icon on Gunsmith vendor screen to display the correct reputation

????

I refuse to believe this stuff gets proofread.

View undocumented changes

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 18:37 (2992 days ago) @ CyberKN

I found this interesting (from reddit):

View the undocumented item changes here
Hey all,
Guardian.gg co-founder and we're proud to introduce our new feature which has been mostly ready but unavailable to show because of the lack of updates for a while now.
This is still a work in progress but we wanted to demo what we have available. Enjoy!

TL;DR

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 18:41 (2992 days ago) @ Chappy
edited by Chappy, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 18:46

• 2 new shaders (Rosebright, Valentine)
  • 1 new emblem (Crimson Crest)
  • 2 new ghosts (Crimson Shell, Sugary Shell)
  • 5 new emotes (Awkward Dance, Fist Bump, Kicks Dance, Secret Greeting, Strange Dance)
  • 1 new consumable (Crimson Candy - extra xp gains for fireteam members)
  • 6 new bounties
  • 1 new quest
  • A number of changes to specific weapon and armor default stats and bounty descriptions.

Bounties:
CRIMSON GLORY
Earn 25 points. Wins in the Crimson Doubles playlist are worth 3 points. Match completions are worth 1

CRIMSON PRECISION
In the Crimson Doubles playlist, defeat opposing Guardians with Precision headshots. Teammate Precision headshots also count.

DAY OF VICTORY
Earn points. Winning rounds in the Crimson Doubles playlist are worth 5. Round completions are worth 1.

FINISH THE THOUGHT
In the Crimson Doubles playlist, assist or be assisted in defeating opposing Guardians. Teammate assists also count.

MASTER OF ARMS
In the Crimson Doubles playlist, defeat opposing Guardians with a variety of Primary weapon types. Teammate kills also count.

TWO LIGHTS AS ONE
In the Crimson Doubles playlist, defeat opposing Guardians with any ability. Teammate ability kills also count.

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 18:49 (2992 days ago) @ CyberKN

Best thing:

Nightfall
Reduced the chance for ghost shells to be awarded from completing the weekly in favor of other rewards

Lol. But it makes sense because the ghost shells people need are 320 ones, which cannot drop in nightfall.

No secret exotic after all

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 18:50 (2992 days ago) @ CyberKN

Weapons
Fixed an issue where an extra icon on the kiosk was appearing for players who acquired MIDA Multi-Tool exotic weapon for both Year One and Year Two

No secret exotic after all

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 18:52 (2992 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Weapons
Fixed an issue where an extra icon on the kiosk was appearing for players who acquired MIDA Multi-Tool exotic weapon for both Year One and Year Two

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed when I saw that too.

That's what they want you think!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 01:08 (2992 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Rotten Candy....

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 19:05 (2992 days ago) @ CyberKN

Updated description: Childish things have no use when the Festival of the Lost ends. Stale and useless.

I refuse to believe that my rotten candy is useless!

Rotten Candy....

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 21:45 (2992 days ago) @ unoudid

My blue masks will never crumple if I never take them out of my vault!!!

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 00:53 (2992 days ago) @ CyberKN

Fixed an issue where some emote incidents would appear twice

Fantastic! That was pretty annoying...

Are you still awarding single coins and single motes of light?

Fixed an issue that allowed players to become immune to the Totem room damage by using a sword's block ability
Totems will now kill players under the totem after an extended period of time

You could do that? Huh. That would've saved us a bunch of wipes last night....

Fixed an issue where the quest step to "Complete a match with 6+ Auto Rifle kills" was not properly registering

The temporary fix applied previously has been removed once again to allow this quest to be turned in properly

Thank god. Now I can get to work.

Inferno 6v6 featuring Inferno Control and Inferno Clash

Cool!

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 08:30 (2991 days ago) @ CyberKN

Best thing:

Nightfall

And... I got a ghost shell. My buddy got a 294 shotgun. So disappointing.

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by Kuga, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 13:00 (2991 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I got a 294 shell as well. :SadTrombone:

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 14:27 (2991 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I got a Hawkmoon, ghost shell...

And a neon pink sparrow.

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by Kahzgul, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 01:33 (2991 days ago) @ CyberKN

And a neon pink sparrow.

ORLY? Was the sparrow a reward from a bounty (in which case I've missed it) or a drop after a match?

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 01:48 (2991 days ago) @ Kahzgul

And a neon pink sparrow.

ORLY? Was the sparrow a reward from a bounty (in which case I've missed it) or a drop after a match?

My third and final Nightfall reward was a sparrow kit, which was "highly likely to contain a sparrow not previously owned".

It gave me the aforementioned sparrow when I activated it.

2.1.1 Natch Potes

by Kahzgul, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 07:07 (2991 days ago) @ CyberKN

And a neon pink sparrow.

My third and final Nightfall reward was a sparrow kit, which was "highly likely to contain a sparrow not previously owned".

It gave me the aforementioned sparrow when I activated it.

That's cool that those can be nightfall rewards.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread