OH GAWD. Shoot My Eyes Out. (Off-Topic)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 04:42 (2997 days ago)

Oh dear sweet unbelievable lord.

Funkmon, you were absolutely right. 100%, full-on, completely disgustingly right.

I was on YouTube--ironically looking up a Red vs. Blue video--and this unskippable ad came up, showing two guys on a couch just talking--and out of nowhere. It was that fucking Puppymonkeybaby. So many more expletives left my lips when I saw that. I had to close the YouTube video, and I didn't even bother going back. That is so fucking disgusting and creepy and sick. That...that thing....is now stuck on the inside of my eyelids and I can't close my eyes.

Someone please shoot me, jesus...I thought you were overreacting, but oh my god...that was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. What would possess someone...to make something like that?

That is some serious nightmare fuel, there.

(And no, I'm not going to link to it--trust me when I say you don't want to see it, and anyone here who's lucky enough they haven't seen it will be spared an unrepressable tragedy.)

OH GAWD. Shoot My Eyes Out.

by Quirel, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 04:55 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

(And no, I'm not going to link to it--trust me when I say you don't want to see it, and anyone here who's lucky enough they haven't seen it will be spared an unrepressable tragedy.)

Eh. It was played during the Superbowl. My family just shrugged, called it stupid, and went back to watching the game. I'd completely forgotten about it until now.

Just... what was going through their heads? Who signed off on this? I dunno, but I doubt I'll remember in a week.

It's ruined my life.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 07:10 (2997 days ago) @ Quirel

Students are murmuring puppymonkeybaby under their breath in the planetarium. I want to die.

It's ruined my life.

by Quirel, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 11:05 (2997 days ago) @ Funkmon

Students are murmuring puppymonkeybaby under their breath in the planetarium. I want to die.

You're hearing things.

It completely undermines the message it's supposed to pass

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 11, 2016, 11:17 (2997 days ago) @ Quirel

Combining 3 random things is what they did with the product. The 3 random things they've decided to combine in the ad, though, is horrific. Am I supposed to expect the product is also horrific? Makes absolutely no sense from a marketing point of view...

I am so weird

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 12:21 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

Oh dear sweet unbelievable lord.

Funkmon, you were absolutely right. 100%, full-on, completely disgustingly right.

I was on YouTube--ironically looking up a Red vs. Blue video--and this unskippable ad came up, showing two guys on a couch just talking--and out of nowhere. It was that fucking Puppymonkeybaby. So many more expletives left my lips when I saw that. I had to close the YouTube video, and I didn't even bother going back. That is so fucking disgusting and creepy and sick. That...that thing....is now stuck on the inside of my eyelids and I can't close my eyes.

Someone please shoot me, jesus...I thought you were overreacting, but oh my god...that was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. What would possess someone...to make something like that?

That is some serious nightmare fuel, there.

I definitely was giggling up a storm when I saw it. Don't remember what product it was for so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm with you on this.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 13:20 (2997 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I loved it. No clue what they are selling.

Mountain Dew kickstart.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 13:42 (2997 days ago) @ unoudid

I went to the store yesterday, and the pop options were dismal. No faygo, no Coke Zero, but full of Pepsi products, many of which I enjoy. However, remembering that commercial, I chose to buy a far inferior product, Diet Coke. I am not going to buy a Pepsi product again anytime soon.

Nothing is worse than that commercial. Not even Diet Coke.

Mountain Dew is Pepsi's?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 11, 2016, 13:56 (2997 days ago) @ Funkmon

No wonder I have never seen one down here

For those who haven't seen the video

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 14:13 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

Original Video

Shocktop Commercial Reviews (puppy monkey baby @1:30)

All of you need help.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 14:21 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

i about go into convultions every time i am forced to see it

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 16:43 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

and for a guy stuck in rehab thats not good.

Coug, Avert Your Eyes!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 16:52 (2997 days ago) @ CougRon

That commercial cannot be good for your recovery. That's GvH level hazardous!

They will not shut! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 18:23 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Heh. You're all talking about it.

by Stuntmutt, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 16:53 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

Surprised no one here has suggested a Gjallaswordbringer version..,

SWORDSPLOSION!!!

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, February 11, 2016, 16:57 (2997 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Borderlands 2 actually had one of these.

SWORDSPLOSION!!!
Special Weapon Effects
Because Mister Torgue Said So. – Fires a single projectile in the shape of a sword which explodes upon impact, spawning three smaller swords, which also explode on impact (much like a MIRV grenade). Consumes 2 ammo per shot.

Isn't that only two things, though? We need a third.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 11, 2016, 17:06 (2997 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

- No text -

Isn't that only two things, though? We need a third.

by Stuntmutt, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 17:11 (2997 days ago) @ ZackDark

1000 Yard Doctrine of Malice?

Gun + Swords + Ordinance = 3 things

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 17:38 (2997 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

- No text -

oops, i thought you were commenting on the swordsplosin,

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 17:39 (2997 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

not the gallythingamajingy

Gjallarhorn + Sword + Fatebringer = 3

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 17:19 (2997 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 17:41 (2997 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Let's talk about that, because now I can't stop smiling or laughing.

Small brown pistol with either flames, void or arc energy burning from it. Each shot fired unleashes a rocket that tracks enemies. Upon impact, all three Exotic swords burst from the shell and use their special attack at once in a large radius.

Field Scout and Surplus.

XD

MataGjallarThorn

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 18:16 (2997 days ago) @ Morpheus

Shotgun that shoots tracking wolfpack thorn rounds

EOT

Pockbreakersto. ;-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 21:01 (2996 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Want

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 11, 2016, 21:56 (2996 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 23:10 (2996 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

...and no one can remember what it was advertising without looking it up.

But they ARE looking it up.

by Stuntmutt, Friday, February 12, 2016, 04:45 (2996 days ago) @ narcogen

Give in to it my friend.
It's evil.
It's insidious.
The more you hate it, the more it does Damage Over Time.
GOD, I enjoyed using Thorn last night.
Hmmm, did I just stray off topic?
Or back on topic?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, February 12, 2016, 07:16 (2996 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Give in to it my friend.
It's evil.
It's insidious.
The more you hate it, the more it does Damage Over Time.
GOD, I enjoyed using Thorn last night.
Hmmm, did I just stray off topic?
Or back on topic?

Good question.

I've often thought that advertising is the tail wagging the dog-- especially in soft drinks, for instance, where brand loyalty is ephemeral, consumers buy what is on sale even though prices are pretty fixed, at least within the mainstream, quality is subjective, and probably every last shred of manufacturing and distribution efficiency has long been wrung out of the system. What you have left is a public war of slogans and mascots with fizzy water somehow indirectly attached.

No offense meant, of course :)

One of the biggest reason I went the water route

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 12, 2016, 11:04 (2996 days ago) @ narcogen

No tap water, though. That thing is awful down here.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, February 12, 2016, 14:44 (2996 days ago) @ narcogen

especially in soft drinks, for instance, where brand loyalty is ephemeral, consumers buy what is on sale

erm? Is it just me living in Atlanta too long or does this seem totally different than reality to anyone else? Everyone I know who drinks soda has STRONG preferences often to e point of exclusion.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 12, 2016, 14:52 (2996 days ago) @ Vortech

especially in soft drinks, for instance, where brand loyalty is ephemeral, consumers buy what is on sale

erm? Is it just me living in Atlanta too long or does this seem totally different than reality to anyone else? Everyone I know who drinks soda has STRONG preferences often to e point of exclusion.

Only when it comes to vanilla cola. It's vanilla coke or nothing.

No doubt. Vanilla pepsi tastes like spoiled yogurt.

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 12, 2016, 20:57 (2995 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

No doubt. Vanilla pepsi tastes like spoiled yogurt.

by DavidIsDead ⌂, Earth, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 22:44 (2991 days ago) @ Funkmon

I remember hating vanilla pepsi and wondering why anybody liked. And it seemed like a lot of people I knew liked it. More or less the same for vanilla coke for me too, though I think it did taste a little bit better.

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, February 12, 2016, 15:53 (2996 days ago) @ Vortech

erm? Is it just me living in Atlanta too long...

AKA Cokelanta.

Yeah, everyone I know that drinks soda has very strong opinions about what they drink.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, February 12, 2016, 16:25 (2996 days ago) @ marmot 1333

AKA Cokelanta.

Yeah, everyone I know that drinks soda has very strong opinions about what they drink.

Barq's totally bites. It's fine as a unique diversion, but as a staple root beer it's terrible.

See, Now I'm Going To Have To Kick Your Ass.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, February 12, 2016, 16:29 (2996 days ago) @ dogcow

AKA Cokelanta.

Barq's totally bites. It's fine as a unique diversion, but as a staple root beer it's terrible.

...sorry, that's just the way it works.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, February 12, 2016, 16:45 (2996 days ago) @ dogcow

I have very strong opinions on most staple brands of various styles of pops. But when it comes to root beer I'm about as open minded as you can get. Barq's is alright, A&W is better. The true beauty of root beer comes when you start finding artisan brands that have their own take on things. It's much like the various boutique breweries that produce amazing beers that will never make it to mass market.

Funny story. Back in high school I decided to try making my own root beer. I went through the whole process of making the syrup and bottling the root beer in some 2-liter bottles. At some point in the fermentation/carbonation process things went horribly wrong. I was sitting at our kitchen table having dinner with my parents when all of the sudden I heard what I believed to be gunshots nearby. Turns out the gunshot noises were 2-liters of hand made root beer exploding in the basement. The basement smelled like an alcohol and root beer for what seemed like months. Talk about a PITA to clean up.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, February 12, 2016, 16:54 (2996 days ago) @ unoudid

I have very strong opinions on most staple brands of various styles of pops. But when it comes to root beer I'm about as open minded as you can get. Barq's is alright, A&W is better. The true beauty of root beer comes when you start finding artisan brands that have their own take on things. It's much like the various boutique breweries that produce amazing beers that will never make it to mass market.

Totally agree.

Funny story. Back in high school I decided to try making my own root beer. I went through the whole process of making the syrup and bottling the root beer in some 2-liter bottles. At some point in the fermentation/carbonation process things went horribly wrong. I was sitting at our kitchen table having dinner with my parents when all of the sudden I heard what I believed to be gunshots nearby. Turns out the gunshot noises were 2-liters of hand made root beer exploding in the basement. The basement smelled like an alcohol and root beer for what seemed like months. Talk about a PITA to clean up.

:-D

I've dreamed about making my own rootbeer from scratch. Some day I'll try it, and hopefully not end up with liquid sugar bombs like you did. :)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 12, 2016, 17:43 (2996 days ago) @ dogcow

liquid sugar bombs

*drools*

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, February 12, 2016, 20:50 (2995 days ago) @ dogcow

Is there a reason not to just make your own syrup and combine with something like a SodaStream?

At this point... nope.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 15, 2016, 02:55 (2993 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Sugar Bombs!

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, February 13, 2016, 16:09 (2995 days ago) @ dogcow

[image]

It's best to have some Nuka Cola with those.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, February 13, 2016, 17:19 (2995 days ago) @ unoudid

That was probably before this aired. lol

Dead link if you don't have a cable connection. :(

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, February 13, 2016, 19:21 (2994 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Top 11 best pops in order

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 12, 2016, 21:15 (2995 days ago) @ Vortech

1. Faygo Rock & Rye
2. Code Red Mountain Dew
3. Cheerwine
4. Vanilla Coke
5. Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
6. Dr Pepper
7. Faygo Red Pop
8. Towne Club Cream Soda
9. Coke classic
10. Royal Crown cola
11. Pepsi

Despite having these strong opinions, in my fridge you'll find Kroger pops, Meijer pops, orange pop, Sprite, Mountain Dew, until recently, Cherry Pepsi, all that stuff.

Many people are like me and like everything. I'll buy Coke Zero as often as Diet Dr. Pepper, for example. And often, what you want is situational. Like, if I just mowed the lawn, you bet your bottom dollar I'm walking up to the party store to buy some Rock & Rye immediately. If I'm at a party outside and some lunatic has purchased all my favourite pops in a cooler, Coke Classic is what I'm drinking. If I'm going grocery shopping with a kidlet or doing boring stuff, he or she is getting a Towne Club glass bottle. If I'm doing a long distance drive, it's orange pop in cans.

No mention of Pepsi Clear. Your list is invalid.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 12, 2016, 21:17 (2995 days ago) @ Funkmon

;)

I'm not Mexican.

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 12, 2016, 21:31 (2995 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That said, AFAIK, Pepsi Clear is identical in taste to Pepsi, same as Crystal Pepsi. Color variations do not count on my list.

DCVDP is too low

by ProbablyLast, Friday, February 12, 2016, 21:30 (2995 days ago) @ Funkmon

Top 3 at worst. Get code red out of there.

I don't even drink soda anymore and I know you're wrong

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 12, 2016, 21:46 (2995 days ago) @ Funkmon

Any list where theater Pepsi is not the first is a wrong list

TIL you lack taste buds.

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 12, 2016, 22:07 (2995 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

TIL you lack taste buds.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 12, 2016, 22:28 (2995 days ago) @ Funkmon

Let me break down my preferences, which are obviously objectively correct:

• the fizz is to be minimal
  • any trace of bitterness is bad
  • the sweeter the better
  • the closer to pure syrup the better

ZackDark's favourite pop is Mrs. Butterworth's.

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 12, 2016, 22:35 (2995 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

*adds to list of things to do in America*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 13, 2016, 00:15 (2995 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I don't even drink soda anymore and I know you're wrong

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 15, 2016, 03:00 (2993 days ago) @ ZackDark

Any list where theater Taco Bell Pepsi is not the first is a wrong list

by Quirel, Friday, February 12, 2016, 05:27 (2996 days ago) @ narcogen

...and no one can remember what it was advertising without looking it up.

That Mountain Dew Kickstart stuff. I see it in the vending machine every day at work, but when I feel bad enough to spend two dollars on a drink, I feel bad enough to buy that canned Starbucks stuff.

Let's Keep Going!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 15, 2016, 03:15 (2993 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

We're all off topic--let's focus on the more important matter at hand.

Hawkassbringer.

Touch of Deathoclast.

Hung Lighthammer.

First Thornbreaker.

Keep going!

Let's Keep Going!

by ProbablyLast, Monday, February 15, 2016, 03:19 (2993 days ago) @ Morpheus

PuppyMonkeyBaby

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 15, 2016, 06:54 (2993 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

For Funkmon

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 13:24 (2992 days ago) @ Funkmon

Now you can get your Avril T-Shirts along with this gem all at the same store.

[image]

I laughed

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 15, 2016, 14:30 (2993 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread