Noticed something highly amusing while raiding last night. (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, February 12, 2016, 18:10 (3004 days ago)

Ran Golgoroth CM with a bunch of DBO people yesterday, and discovered an amusing bug with weapons with the "Firefly" perk.

So I'm standing there next to CruelLEGACEY as he's mowing down a bunch of Cursed Thrall with the Dead Orbit vendor scout rifle. Suddenly I see/hear an explosion and turn to see his character standing in a cloud of smoke, which quickly dissipates. This then happens over and over as he continues firing.

As it turns out, certain enemies like Cursed Thrall and Golgoroth's Venom Projectiles don't appear to trigger the firefly explosion when killed with precision damage.

But the actually do- and for some reason, the explosion emanates from your character instead of the enemy. (I'm not sure if it's just the visual effect or enemies around the character will actually take damage. More science is required)

Anyway, I just found this incredibly funny for some reason. Got 320 boots as well.

This is news to me! Let's science it out!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 12, 2016, 18:39 (3003 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Noticed something highly amusing while raiding last night.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, February 12, 2016, 19:06 (3003 days ago) @ CyberKN

My guess would be that the firefly explosion's location gets assigned to the body of the enemy which died, but in those cases the body is already gone, having disappeared immediately upon death due to "exploding." And maybe if there's no enemy body to assign the firefly location to, it just defaults to the player character.

Would be interesting to see whether the explosion emanating from the player is capable of damaging enemies, or whether it's only the visual effect.

I figured it out :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 12, 2016, 19:43 (3003 days ago) @ CyberKN

It seemed to happen every time I killed the thrall as they were crawling out of their pond at the very back of the room. Firefly would still trigger on them as it normally would, but I would explode as well. As soon as they left that little cave at the very back of the room, I stopped exploding lol

*edit* I think it was happening when I killed any thrall as they crawled out of their pit... not just the explody thrall. But I'm not positive. More science is needed!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread