Destiny daily play-time heatmaps (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:02 (3001 days ago)

"chrisfried" on the Destiny subreddit posted a web-app he made, that displays a heatmap of how long you played destiny each day, in calendar form.

Here's mine:

[image]

Can you guess where my two-month time-off period was?

If you want to your time, there's a link to the app itself below. Keep in mind:

• It doesn't tell you it's loading. You'll just have to stare at a white screen for a bit.
  • The more you've played, the longer it will take. My profile takes ~10 seconds to load.
  • It's not very mobile friendly.

Link to the app

Pretty Cool

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:22 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

I love data visualizations.

Mine depicted much lighter playtime than I was expecting. I deleted two characters before TTK dropped; I wonder if that skewed the results.

Pretty neat

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:29 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

You can easily see when I took some time off. First was when I went down to SDCC, Second was when I was pretty burnt out.

Most played day was when TTK came out at 12 hours 14 minutes.

[image]

I'm feeling the Bern.

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:36 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

My stupid college is having a Bernie Sanders day because he's here for some reason, and due to how unbelievably liberal universities are, many of the classes are cancelled. So I just have to sit here. As such, I hovered over every date.

Longest time with no play: around 2 weeks, middle of November last year.
Longest time with every day play: 6 weeks, around the time of House of Wolves
Longest play day: February 8th 2015, 13 hours. Significance? Unsure. No Xbox FTB event. I'd love if we could look back at the FTB without typing the stuff in manually. Would be neat to see that heatmap.
Most confusing: I'm about 90% sure me and unoudid played TTK on release day for like 18 straight hours. Looks like I played for 7 one day, 7 the next. It definitely split our time, but where?

[image]

I'm feeling the Bern.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:42 (3000 days ago) @ Funkmon

Most confusing: I'm about 90% sure me and unoudid played TTK on release day for like 18 straight hours.

That's what I was thinking too. But I can't remember if I still had two warlocks at that time or if I had deleted my second to start a titan.

Did we play on multiple characters?

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:44 (3000 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

i played on my warlock then switched to my hunter

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:55 (3000 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Pretty neat, but a tad misleading.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 15, 2016, 17:22 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

"chrisfried" on the Destiny subreddit posted a web-app he made, that displays a heatmap of how long you played destiny each day, in calendar form.

Here's mine:

The heatmap is relative to your most-played day, rather than time-per-day (which would make more sense). On Playstation, my red days are around 14 hours each, whereas on Xbox, they're around 7-9 hours, which are my Playstation Oranges.

Playstation:

[image]

Longest:
12/13/15- 20 Hours, 15 minutes (I work hard, play hard).

Xbox:

[image]

Longest:
07/19/15- 14 hours, 59 minutes.

Yeah, pretty odd choice

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 15, 2016, 21:47 (3000 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Looks like I barely play most times, but they're all about 1 hour long. The black spot is 10 hours long and most of the light oranges are 3 hours.

Lately, though, everything is less than 20 minutes. What the heck?

Makes sense to me.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 15, 2016, 22:19 (3000 days ago) @ ZackDark

A linear gradient is arguably the least misleading way to represent that data.

I'd rather have a gradient over time available in a day

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 15, 2016, 22:46 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

It might make 15 minutes awfully faint, though, so maybe display a decimal number of hours too?

Yeah, that would work pretty well.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 15, 2016, 22:48 (3000 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

I've just realized

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 15, 2016, 22:56 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

This is the "weapons' attributes bar" all over again. Give me an absolute reference or at least give me numbers!

:p

Welp, I guess this shows how I feel

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, February 15, 2016, 17:31 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Destiny daily play-time heatmaps

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 15, 2016, 18:22 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]
Playstation

[image]
Xbox

by LostSpartan, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 00:20 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

According to mine, interest and playtime stalled with the Dark Below, but picked up and remained steady with House of Wolves onward. Neat!

Wow, that looks weird . . .

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 00:28 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

This graphic gives the impression that I've played way less Destiny than I feel like I have.

[image]

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 14:01 (3000 days ago) @ CyberKN

And here's mine:

[image]

You can see when The Taken King Raid came out. Overall I'm pretty happy with this. It shows me that I hop on more often than just the Tuesdays & Thursdays I plan for. Overall I'd say I've got a pretty good balance. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread