THAB 02/18/2016 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 18, 2016, 21:05 (3011 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, February 18, 2016, 21:08

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44372/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---02182016

• Dreadnaught Ride-Along Stream... Soon™
  • Iron Banner Next week (Clash)(Yay)

Camelot Gauntlets at last!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 18, 2016, 21:10 (3011 days ago) @ CyberKN

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44372/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---02182016

• Dreadnaught Ride-Along Stream... Soon™
  • Iron Banner Next week (Clash)(Yay)

BRB running Warlock and Titan...

DAT SEEKING LIGHTNING GRENADE!!! lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 18, 2016, 21:26 (3011 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Important Iron Banner Note

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, February 18, 2016, 21:39 (3011 days ago) @ CyberKN

Please Note: Players will lose Rank 3 packages if they are not retrieved before reaching Rank 5

When I'm leveling my alts, I usually fly straight through rank 3 and keep going until I hit max level. I'll definitely have to make sure to pay attention and make a Tower detour this time around.

-Disciple

Camelot Gauntlets at last!

by Avateur @, Thursday, February 18, 2016, 22:42 (3011 days ago) @ Korny

Be sure to film things like you did from the Doubles playlist. Watching you stomp things is fun. Also, ye olde gauntlets should be nifty.

Guys! I'm going to complain about free content!

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 04:06 (3011 days ago) @ CyberKN

I don't know if I like the put on a show once a week thing. I prefer reading things so I can go at my own pace. Hopefully nothing that would be talked about in text will be put on video without the writing there. I hate that. It's why I read the paper and don't watch the news. I also don't like streams. Spend time editing, kthx.

If it's all extra stuff, then it sounds amazing. If it's a *change*, I'm worried. Right now it seems like it's all extra, but I've seen too many sites go all video for me to not be wary.

Exactly my thoughts!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 19, 2016, 06:13 (3011 days ago) @ Funkmon

They lost me at *your're not voracious readers."

Those damn millenials, right?

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 08:08 (3011 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I tells ya!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 19, 2016, 10:39 (3011 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 19, 2016, 11:42 (3011 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

My hope:

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, February 19, 2016, 12:52 (3011 days ago) @ Kermit

1. This is mostly for ride alongs and bungie bounties. I loved those and miss them dearly.
2. Maybe this is a resurrection of the podcast in a new form? I'm ok with that!
3. Big announcements should not be made here. They can be highlighted after an announcement (like HOW content) but a nice blog post and trailer are what I want for announcements.

Video is great, live video has a lot more limitations and if they keep doing things at 10-noon PT then I'm never gonna see anything live. I hope that they've taken that into account when thinking about when they air stuff (try different times and see what works best).

Funk should now post all of his replies in video form

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, February 19, 2016, 13:36 (3010 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Amen! #stinkingmillennials ;-), also Bungie, Please.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, February 19, 2016, 14:05 (3010 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't know if I like the put on a show once a week thing. I prefer reading things so I can go at my own pace. Hopefully nothing that would be talked about in text will be put on video without the writing there. I hate that. It's why I read the paper and don't watch the news. I also don't like streams. Spend time editing, kthx.

If it's all extra stuff, then it sounds amazing. If it's a *change*, I'm worried. Right now it seems like it's all extra, but I've seen too many sites go all video for me to not be wary.

Actually, I don't blame millennials, I blame youtube & friends. It's just too easy to post an unedited video full of rambling babble, and no, adding 'bling', music, or an intro/outro does not count as editing.

Well edited video is great for some things (showing how to do something: repairing a car, titan skate tutorial, etc.), but it's not very good at lots of things, and live video is the worst. People don't take enough (any?) time beforehand to organize their thoughts into a coherent outline, and you certainly can't edit it as you go along like you can while writing text. Also, if you're going to consume video content you pretty much have to take time to watch the whole thing. You can't skim video effectively.

Anyway, I welcome more ride-alongs. That type of thing is great for video. Bungie, please keep big announcements in text or trailer format. Video followups to actually SHOW us are fine, but don't make me watch 3 hours of someone screaming in a panic, or an hour of someone giving away the ghost locations and being a general dweeb to find out what content is coming.

Sorry, I've been clamoring for this since release. D:

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 19, 2016, 14:16 (3010 days ago) @ Funkmon

Bungie listened to my idea! I was right all along! Me!

... Seriously though, I hate streams. I despise streamers... But DevStreams are different, and something I'm excited to see (especially if they adopt Digital Extremes' near-flawless "Prime-Time Live" format:

Answering questions > Playing the content (with giveaways) > Showcasing fanart > Discussing fan suggestions/concepts (giveaway!) > Discussing upcoming stuff.

Afterwards making a Blog/Forum post that summarizes everything discussed and shown (such as links to the fanart).

Involved communication is only ever a good thing.

Guys! I'm going to complain about free content!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, February 19, 2016, 14:31 (3010 days ago) @ Funkmon

I sort of feel the same way about streaming. They always seem to do streams during my working hours so I rarely get to watch them as they're happening. Thankfully there's usually archived footage, so that's an option.

Still, as long as the written content comes at the same pace I don't really mind. And if some extra information makes its way to us as a result of frequent streams, that's good.

My hope:

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, February 19, 2016, 14:34 (3010 days ago) @ breitzen

Video is great, live video has a lot more limitations and if they keep doing things at 10-noon PT then I'm never gonna see anything live. I hope that they've taken that into account when thinking about when they air stuff (try different times and see what works best).

Maybe it's a selfish thing to hope for, but they're on the west coast, and if they would do streams closer to the end of the workday there, it could be in the evenings for much of the rest of the country.

Starting with a sock video?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, February 19, 2016, 16:08 (3010 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Be Sure To Like, Comment & Subscribe!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, February 19, 2016, 16:20 (3010 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I can send him one if he "doesn't have any!"

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, February 19, 2016, 17:59 (3010 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

That's what I've been trying to tell you!

by Avateur @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 18:06 (3010 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

+1

by Avateur @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 18:06 (3010 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

It's your boy Bungie here with another Destiny video

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 19, 2016, 18:07 (3010 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

#kornywasright

by Avateur @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 18:07 (3010 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

So I guess I'm the token dissenter . . .

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 18:18 (3010 days ago) @ Funkmon

I quite enjoy reading, too. But I rarely read the Weekly Update. I just generally don't care about most of it most of the time. I skim scroll through it and skim it, but I haven't read one in its entirety since before TTK dropped.

However, I consume video content (Giant Bomb, Angry Centaur Gaming, etc) and podcasts like crazy (I'm lucky enough to have a job in which I can have an earbud in all day, so I listen to about six hours worth of podcasts every day).

If they can deliver all the info and tangential info from a Weekly Update in a video form, I'd probably actually know all of that info, rather than just skimming through it. I probably still wouldn't actually care, but if they can present information in another format and extend their reach (and make it entertaining!), that's nothing but a good thing.

I certainly hope it doesn't mean the Weekly Update will be neglected for those of you that actually read it, but it doesn't sound like that's going to be the case.

Source for quote?

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 21:11 (3010 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Guys! I'm going to tell people how to do their job

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, February 21, 2016, 01:13 (3009 days ago) @ Funkmon

That seems like such an odd place for a video studio. Especially with chroma key.

You mean because of the windows?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, February 22, 2016, 04:18 (3008 days ago) @ Vortech

I imagine they can black out the windows for filming.

I think that’s where the arcade used to be, but I’m not 100% sure about that.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread