TWAB (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:15 (2970 days ago)

TWAB

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:18 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Taken Guardians in the Reef? wha???

Excuse me while I change my pants!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:26 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Oh boy! Looking forward to learning more on the streams.

I'd rather read a blog post. :/

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:36 (2970 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

+1000 :/

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:43 (2970 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

I'd rather have a trailer...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:21 (2970 days ago) @ ZackDark

and then blog posts.

But I know they're doing streams, so I'm excited to at least see/hear something.

Likewise, guess I need to setup my tunnel.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 18, 2016, 13:20 (2969 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

TWAB

by Durandal, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:31 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Oryx has taken your gear guardians, take it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak. -Varkis

No one in the tower will wear a different shader again.

by LostSpartan, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:41 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

"Your shader spot has been... Taken."

:/

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:43 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The cynical side of me says they're just going to add a taken-ified PoE.

Because why would you show off PoE stuff if you had literally anything else?

Ugh. Videos.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 20:55 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

TWAB lately could be written by a bot that understands embed codes. :(. I hope more comes next week.

Ugh. Videos.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:03 (2970 days ago) @ Funkmon

TWAB lately could be written by a bot that understands embed codes. :(. I hope more comes next week.

Outside of the "MotW clips", there was a total of one video in the update... And it was an info-filled updat, I think...

Ugh. Videos.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:17 (2970 days ago) @ Korny

I was referring to what's coming next in the subject. As for this one, it's got some pictures that may mean nothing and hints that don't give info. The clan thing was interesting, but it and the schedule were the only pieces of info in the thing. And the schedule is just telling us when we GET information. Which will be given in video form.

This is the best in a few weeks, but it just seems like deeJ is stuck making these updates without much to say.

TWAB

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:19 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

oooooh baby!

I hope it doesn't disappoint any of the PS4 crew that this is not enough to get me to play again. Let's see:

1. PvE challenges. We've seen what constitutes a challenge courtesy of King's Fall. Pass.
2. New and Updated Gear. So long as the end game system of infusion remains, you'll still be stuck hopelessly trying to ascend the shit you want to actually use. Pass.
3. New Quest and Strike. I'll get to it when the fall update comes. Pass.
4. Increased light and rewards. See #2.
5. Sandox and Crucible updates. Every time they fix one thing they mess up something else. Expecting yet another fusion rifle nerf. Pass.

I am 52 days Destiny sober, and this update is not making it any harder to stay away.

I do eagerly await returning in the fall when everybody, PS4 and Xbox, can play a supposedly substantial update together!

Comforting to know you've passed judgement sans information

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:20 (2970 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Comforting to know you've passed judgement sans information

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:23 (2970 days ago) @ Funkmon

Even if I am wrong, I lose absolutely nothing by waiting until the fall.

It's true. That's why I bought an iPhone 3G last week!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 22:38 (2970 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I saved like $650!

It's true. That's why I bought an iPhone 3G last week!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 17, 2016, 23:23 (2970 days ago) @ Funkmon

The question is why wait this long to save $650 if you could've saved it back then?

Efficiency

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, March 18, 2016, 00:42 (2970 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We lose. We had to hear about it.

How about we just assume you're not playing, and when Bungie gives you enough to change your mind, you post then?

Would be more efficient, wouldn't it?

Efficiency

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 18, 2016, 02:19 (2970 days ago) @ narcogen

How about we just assume you're not playing, and when Bungie gives you enough to change your mind, you post then?

Ok, please understand that I don't want to make a big deal about this, but hear me out.

I get where you're coming from. Nobody likes to see constant negativity. I get it. But this is a forum where people come to talk about a videogame (usually ;p). But this is what I see happening here:

Person A: expresses opinion about videogame, nothing antagonistic or disrespectful towards any individuals.

Person B: I don't like your opinion, so why don't you just stop posting?

Again, I totally understand that you're coming from a place of trying to preserve a positive atmosphere. But do you not see how you are perhaps being a bit unfair?

As much as some people here like to complain about Cody, I have never seen him attack or insult another person here, even when they are full-on bashing him (not saying it's never happened in the history of DBO/HBO, but I have t seen it in 18 months of daily visits). I often disagree with his opinions or how he expresses them, but... I don't know... I guess that just doesn't bother me the way it bothers me to see people attacked for their opinion.

Rather than telling Cody to not post, could you not have said to yourself "I don't like a lot of Cody's posts, so I'm not going to read it". Wouldn't that be just as efficient, and more importantly, wouldn't it do more to maintain a positive atmosphere than your reply did?

Efficiency

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 18, 2016, 02:50 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just wish we could prevent every topic from devolving into discussion about Cody. /:

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 18, 2016, 03:43 (2969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

+2

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 00:41 (2969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

+3

by aftercompletion, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 23:36 (2968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That's why I've stopped coming here.

Sorry to break your streak.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, March 20, 2016, 03:21 (2967 days ago) @ aftercompletion

- No text -

Efficiency

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 18, 2016, 03:57 (2969 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ok, please understand that I don't want to make a big deal about this, but hear me out.

I get where you're coming from. Nobody likes to see constant negativity. I get it. But this is a forum where people come to talk about a videogame (usually ;p). But this is what I see happening here:

Person A: expresses opinion about videogame, nothing antagonistic or disrespectful towards any individuals.

Again, I totally understand that you're coming from a place of trying to preserve a positive atmosphere. But do you not see how you are perhaps being a bit unfair?

As much as some people here like to complain about Cody, I have never seen him attack or insult another person here, even when they are full-on bashing him (not saying it's never happened in the history of DBO/HBO, but I have t seen it in 18 months of daily visits). I often disagree with his opinions or how he expresses them, but... I don't know... I guess that just doesn't bother me the way it bothers me to see people attacked for their opinion.

Rather than telling Cody to not post, could you not have said to yourself "I don't like a lot of Cody's posts, so I'm not going to read it". Wouldn't that be just as efficient, and more importantly, wouldn't it do more to maintain a positive atmosphere than your reply did?

This seems to happen a lot with Cody. He posts something negative. Person B reacts to it. Then Person C comes in and shifts the blame for the negativity to Person B...

I get your desire to decrease the negativity around here, but I think you incorrectly and disproportionately assigned the blame for that negativity in this case. :(

I'll be your lightning rod of hate! I voted for Kasich!

by Funkmon @, Friday, March 18, 2016, 04:17 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Heh. Really?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 18, 2016, 11:34 (2969 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Efficiency

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 18, 2016, 04:47 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This seems to happen a lot with Cody. He posts something negative. Person B reacts to it. Then Person C comes in and shifts the blame for the negativity to Person B...

I get your desire to decrease the negativity around here, but I think you incorrectly and disproportionately assigned the blame for that negativity in this case. :(

I guess I don't react to all negativity the same way. If someone comes to a Destiny forum to express a negative thought about Destiny, I just don't see the harm. And again, I get where the frustration kicks in, when certain people may have a tendency to voice the same negative feelings repeatedly. But I just don't see it as harmful enough to warrant the unwelcoming, combative reactions that often follow.

Simply put, I don't get upset by people's opinions on a videogame, I get upset when people treat others unfairly. And in this case, while I totally understand where the reaction was coming from, I found it unfair.

I only bring this up because I've been on the receiving end of it myself, and found it genuinely hurtful. Is it really THAT BAD as to tell someone to stop voicing their opinions? Isn't it just as easy to ignore that person's posts, or take them as the lone opinion that they are?

Efficiency

by ProbablyLast, Friday, March 18, 2016, 10:29 (2969 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I mean, a month ago Cody says he is going to wait until the spring update to come back. Today they announce the date and literally nothing else and he posts that it isn't enough content for him to return. He also knows that people will respond in a certain way to that, so you can't really be surprised when it happens.

But, I love me a good Cody thread. They get all sorts of replies.

Efficiency

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 18, 2016, 16:33 (2969 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

As much as some people here like to complain about Cody, I have never seen him attack or insult another person here, even when they are full-on bashing him (not saying it's never happened in the history of DBO/HBO, but I have t seen it in 18 months of daily visits).

I disagree with this. I've seen him insult people directly, but the more common issue is his seeming incapacity to express an opinion that doesn't in some way insult the many people who would disagree. This post was no exception. Putting aside the extreme arrogance of presenting HIS participation as of paramount concern to us, his post was identical in tone and intent to a teetotaler who enters a bar to trumpet his moral superiority over the barflies.

Efficiency

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 18, 2016, 16:38 (2969 days ago) @ Kermit

Putting aside the extreme arrogance of presenting HIS participation as of paramount concern to us, his post was identical in tone and intent to a teetotaler who enters a bar to trumpet his moral superiority over the barflies.

Every single thing in that post was completely subjective. It's not enough FOR ME to come back. I'LL pass. Seriously dude. I know tons of people will try it and maybe even LIKE it, and that's fine.

Right now FOR ME Destiny is a huge waste of time, but that only applies to me. It could very well apply to others, and not apply to just as many more.

There are at least two people here who have asked if I was going to play again soon, so my participation is apparently of concern to at least that many.

Efficiency

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 18, 2016, 17:23 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Kermit, Friday, March 18, 2016, 17:26

Putting aside the extreme arrogance of presenting HIS participation as of paramount concern to us, his post was identical in tone and intent to a teetotaler who enters a bar to trumpet his moral superiority over the barflies.

Every single thing in that post was completely subjective. It's not enough FOR ME to come back. I'LL pass. Seriously dude. I know tons of people will try it and maybe even LIKE it, and that's fine.

We already know it's subjective. We know it's just your opinion. You misunderstand my criticism.

Right now FOR ME Destiny is a huge waste of time, but that only applies to me. It could very well apply to others, and not apply to just as many more.

There are at least two people here who have asked if I was going to play again soon, so my participation is apparently of concern to at least that many.

That gives me context. Let me rewrite your post when a tiny amount of humility dust spread across it.

Original:

I hope it doesn't disappoint any of the PS4 crew that this is not enough to get me to play again. Let's see:

1. PvE challenges. We've seen what constitutes a challenge courtesy of King's Fall. Pass.
2. New and Updated Gear. So long as the end game system of infusion remains, you'll still be stuck hopelessly trying to ascend the shit you want to actually use. Pass.
3. New Quest and Strike. I'll get to it when the fall update comes. Pass.
5. Sandox and Crucible updates. Every time they fix one thing they mess up something else. Expecting yet another fusion rifle nerf. Pass.

I am 52 days Destiny sober, and this update is not making it any harder to stay away.

I do eagerly await returning in the fall when everybody, PS4 and Xbox, can play a supposedly substantial update together!

Rewrite:

Recently a few people have asked me if I'll play again soon, and unfortunately, this doesn't look like enough to get me to play again.

1. PvE challenges. I wasn't impressed with the King's Fall challenges, so I'll pass.
2. New and Updated Gear. I don't like current infusion system and how hard it is upgrade the gear I like. Pass.
3. New Quest and Strike. I'll get to it when the fall update comes. No rush. Pass.
5. Sandox and Crucible updates. To me these updates have always seemed to be a mixed bag. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll pass.

I've not played Destiny for 52 days, and that's okay! So far this update does not entice me, but I do eagerly await returning in the fall when everybody, PS4 and Xbox, can play a substantial update together!

[Note how this post assiduously avoids absolutes, hyperbole, and cynicism, and personal opinions are expressed using the word "I"? ed.]

Pardon the tangient...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 14:58 (2968 days ago) @ Kermit

...But reading your edits to Cody's post made me chuckle at the idea of some form of built-in auto filter that applies a "Kermit Edit" to everything Cody writes, and THAT made me wonder what Cody's post would look like through Gizoogle. So here it is:

by Cody Miller, Dinklebot - Never Forget, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 16:19 (1 day, 17 hours, 35 min. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. ago) @ WackLEGACEY

oooooh baby hommie!

I hope it don't disappoint any of tha PS4 crew dat dis aint enough ta git me ta play again. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Letz see:

1. PvE challenges. We've peeped what tha fuck constitutes a cold-ass lil challenge courtesy of Mackdaddyz Fall. Pass.
2. New n' Updated Gear. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. So long as tha end game system of infusion remains, you gonna still be stuck hopelessly tryin ta ascend tha shiznit you wanna straight-up use. Pass.
3. New Quest n' Strike. I be bout ta git ta it when tha fall update comes. Pass.
4. Increased light n' rewards. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. See #2.
5. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Sandox n' Crucible thugged-out shit. Every time they fix one thang they mess up suttin' else. Expectin yet another fusion rifle nerf. Pass.

I be 52 minutes Destiny sober, n' dis update aint makin it any harder ta stay away.

I do eagerly await returnin up in tha fall when everybody, PS4 n' Xbox, can play a supposedly substantial update together son!

I'm going to be laughing at this all day XD

Pardon the tangient...

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 17:22 (2968 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Cody Miller: Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass.

Pardon the tangient...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 17:51 (2968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Cody Miller: Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass.

I just need to point out (for those that may have missed it) that Gizoogle changed my name to "WackLEGACEY" and King's Fall becomes "Mackdaddyz Fall".

It's just too good :D

I wanna see Kermit edit that one!

by Avateur @, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 22:39 (2968 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

not possible. It's perfect.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, March 20, 2016, 11:40 (2967 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Make that three.

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 01:57 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Information.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 00:41 (2969 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Cody has nothing new to say about this videogame except that he is continuing to not play it. (Or at least to say he's not playing it, I honestly don't check up on whether or not he is.)

That's not information. When Cody decides he sees something that would make him want to play it, then there'll be some information. We already know all the reasons why Cody doesn't want to play.

Information.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 00:49 (2969 days ago) @ narcogen

Cody has nothing new to say about this videogame except that he is continuing to not play it. (Or at least to say he's not playing it, I honestly don't check up on whether or not he is.)

Once we get cross platform play, I cannot wait to do a raid with you.

Efficiency

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 18, 2016, 13:59 (2969 days ago) @ narcogen

I think it's constructive to critically examine just what kind of 'content' these updates and the microtransaction money are providing. Is it really anything other than just a bigger carrot on the stick? Or is it an intrinsically valuable experience? Hint: it's the first.

Efficiency

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, March 18, 2016, 14:17 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think it's constructive to critically examine just what kind of 'content' these updates and the microtransaction money are providing. Is it really anything other than just a bigger carrot on the stick? Or is it an intrinsically valuable experience? Hint: it's the first.

I'm sure that is true for you. But for me personally, I believe it's going to be option 3, new content that I've never played and I will enjoy playing.

"Critically examine"? As Inigo Montoya would say...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 18, 2016, 14:22 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller

..."Prepare to die."

Ok, wrong quote (maybe) but honestly Cody. If someone were to ask you to critically examine a film and you made a serious effort to do so, would you watch the film and look at its acting and direction and themes and intent and history... or would you just read the very first short initial press release declaring its existence then tell them the film sucked?

Isn't that the premise of Metacritic?

by Durandal, Friday, March 18, 2016, 14:30 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ok, wrong quote (maybe) but honestly Cody. If someone were to ask you to critically examine a film and you made a serious effort to do so, would you watch the film and look at its acting and direction and themes and intent and history... or would you just read the very first short initial press release declaring its existence then tell them the film sucked?>>

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 18, 2016, 15:22 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

..."Prepare to die."

Ok, wrong quote (maybe) but honestly Cody. If someone were to ask you to critically examine a film and you made a serious effort to do so, would you watch the film and look at its acting and direction and themes and intent and history... or would you just read the very first short initial press release declaring its existence then tell them the film sucked?

Not an applicable metaphor. A better example would be if there was a press release regarding a director's cut of a film I have already seen. If the director's cut described changes that were patently stupid, it would be fair to evaluate it only on having seen the original version.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 18, 2016, 15:57 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller

..."Prepare to die."

Not an applicable metaphor. A better example would be if there was a press release regarding a director's cut of a film I have already seen. If the director's cut described changes that were patently stupid, it would be fair to evaluate it only on having seen the original version.

But you said:

I think it's constructive to critically examine just what kind of 'content' these updates and the microtransaction money are providing.

And to do that, do you plan on playing the content? No. Do you plan on reading the articles about or watching the videos about the additions and changes? Apparently not, since you are commenting on them already.

Amusingly and frighteningly, your version of a critical examination is: "Read the press release and declare the changes patently stupid."

[image]

Thanks for my new favorite gif :D

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 18, 2016, 16:17 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 18, 2016, 16:31 (2969 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So... what you're saying is: "As..... you..... wissssh..." ?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 18, 2016, 16:33 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So... what you're saying is: "As..... you..... wissssh..." ?

My PSN ID has never been more appropriate.

D_P_Roberts

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 18, 2016, 16:32 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And to do that, do you plan on playing the content? No.

Correct.

Do you plan on reading the articles about or watching the videos about the additions and changes? Apparently not, since you are commenting on them already.

This is not correct.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 18, 2016, 16:48 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is not correct.

If you don't plan to play and if the press release is all you needed to know that the updates will be patently stupid... why bother learning more?

Efficiency

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 00:44 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If I can predict exactly what you're going to say before you say it, it's not really that constructive. I'm also not sure the best way to distinguish between a bigger carrot and an intrinsically valuable experience is to not play it.

Otherwise I agree. I don't like the Eververse store and I prefer the big updates to the small ones, but that's just me, I guess.

TWAB

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 21:50 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This, combined with the fact that I may finally be purchasing a PS4 right around that time, may finally pull me back into Destiny again.

It'd be a shame to buy a PS4 only to use it to play more Destiny, but it looks like I might.

TWAB

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 22:10 (2970 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I bought a PS4 just for the Alpha, yet I now have a ton of games on it. You'll get a bunch of non Destiny use out of it.

TWAB

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 22:48 (2970 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It'd be a shame to buy a PS4 only to use it to play more Destiny, but it looks like I might.

Then you shouldn't buy one. You have an Xbone. If you're going to buy it for Marty's game, or for mad.max's games, or whatever, totally worth it. If you're just doing it because you have money and kind of have an inclination on getting a PS4, you can spend it on other stuff I bet you'll get more fun and value out of. Buy an elite controller, or learn to build a gaming PC. Take a daytrip or weekend somewhere you've always wanted to go. Buy a lecture series on The Great Courses. Buy a dobsonian telescope to look at the moons of Jupiter and the whirlpool galaxy. Buy a Micro 4/3rds camera to save your memories in high quality photos. Buy a used Honda Rebel and learn to ride a motorcycle. Buy tickets to a concert you want to go to. Buy a guitar, learn to play it. Buy a Unicomp keyboard so your typing will feel nice.

When buying a second console without a particular set of games you want to buy, you're doing something nearly useless. You haven't played Destiny in months. You play other random ass games; random ass games almost always available on non PS4 consoles. You're just going to buy something that's functionally identical to an item you already own.

But, again, if you really want to play TLOU or PSVR or something, and I've misread you, do it with my blessing. If it's just to buy something, I think you might be better off buying something different to the thing you already have.

TWAB

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 23:48 (2970 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 23:51

But, again, if you really want to play TLOU or PSVR or something, and I've misread you, do it with my blessing. If it's just to buy something, I think you might be better off buying something different to the thing you already have.

I've always wanted to get a PS4. Most of my friends migrated there from Xbox this gen. I just couldn't let go of Halo, so I stuck with Xbox. I really want to play Golem and have high hopes for PSVR in general, but that's so far out its impossible to tell if that's really worth getting a PS4.

I like your attitude and thought process though, and just reading it does make me reconsider if I really need two consoles. I'm pretty selective about spending large amounts of money on something (unless it's car parts), so it's definitely not just me itching to blow money and get a new toy. It's mainly about reconnecting with my gaming friends (and real friends from my days in the Air Force)--that's my biggest justification for it. It doesn't necessarily make a whole lot of sense. You're right in that if I get a PS4, I'll neglect my Xbox. I'd consider selling that, but I'm still not sure I'm ready to give up Halo.

EDIT: Yeah my wording in that first post was bad. It made it seem like I was going to get a PS4 just to use it to play Destiny. That's not my intention at all. Just that my purchase my coincide with this update, and if I get a PS4 is almost certainly get Destony on it. After I finally play Bloodborne.

Cool!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 22:06 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'd love to see PoE retooled for this. Had a lot of fun in that mode! I'd love to see a version that is designed as a single-player challenge or scales to the number of players.... Okay, just make it Firefight! I could go into that alone and have fun but I can't do that in PoE right now.

You can POE alone pretty good!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 22:49 (2970 days ago) @ Leviathan

I put on all my old guns, and being overleveled really helps. I like it a lot! Skolas is harder to do solo, but you can just use a sword.

That said, I'm hoping they do bring POE forward. I made an event earlier.

http://destiny.bungie.org/ftb/1639

Ugh PoE.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 23:10 (2970 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 23:20

Unless they also bring up VoG and CE so I can ignore it like I did during HoW.

Nice to know the date of the update.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 23:09 (2970 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

No other new information it seems. The new shaders look OK.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread