Another game coming from a Bungie Alumni (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, April 28, 2016, 19:01 (2920 days ago)

That looked pretty cool.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 28, 2016, 19:18 (2920 days ago) @ Leviathan

Don't have a Playstation, sadly. Will be interested to hear what y'all think when it's finally out.

That looked pretty cool.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 28, 2016, 20:40 (2920 days ago) @ BeardFade

Oh believe me. I'll let you ALL know.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(not really)

That looked pretty cool.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 28, 2016, 23:20 (2920 days ago) @ Cody Miller

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(not really)

Would be nice if you guys left a note like (Mod edit)

:-p

That looked pretty cool.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, April 29, 2016, 00:17 (2920 days ago) @ Cody Miller

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(not really)

I'm not sure who did what, but you should feel lucky the forums is just around. There's literally a DELETE EVERYTHING button that gives me fear just looking at. But I also have an irrational fear when I'm around precious china in a store that I'll have my first seizure...

That looked pretty cool.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 29, 2016, 00:29 (2920 days ago) @ Leviathan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(not really)

I'm not sure who did what, but you should feel lucky the forums is just around. There's literally a DELETE EVERYTHING button that gives me fear just looking at. But I also have an irrational fear when I'm around precious china in a store that I'll have my first seizure...

That looked pretty cool.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, April 29, 2016, 13:44 (2919 days ago) @ Leviathan

There's literally a DELETE EVERYTHING button that gives me fear just looking at.

I've hit that button on accident while browsing on my phone a couple times. Thankfully, there is a pop-up that says "are you sure you want to delete everything?" and I've always managed to hit the "no" button there.

That looked pretty cool.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, April 29, 2016, 13:51 (2919 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Sounds like this is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope Claude is checking his backups.

That looked pretty cool.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:02 (2919 days ago) @ stabbim

It's actually a "delete marked postings" button, so I think that means I would have had to have manually marked some specific posts for deletion first - but I've never really had a reason to test it out. :-)

Challenge accepted...?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:18 (2919 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

That looked pretty cool.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:29 (2919 days ago) @ stabbim

Sounds like this is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope Claude is checking his backups.

There are, indeed, daily backups. (We'd still lose the day's worth of postings, though.)

O_o

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 29, 2016, 13:52 (2919 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

That looked pretty cool.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:34 (2919 days ago) @ Speedracer513

There's literally a DELETE EVERYTHING button that gives me fear just looking at.

I've hit that button on accident while browsing on my phone a couple times. Thankfully, there is a pop-up that says "are you sure you want to delete everything?" and I've always managed to hit the "no" button there.

I feel like that's the sort of feature that should require a password entry. Or at least, some confirmation method that isn't accident prone.

You mean besides the pop-up confirmation?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:36 (2919 days ago) @ CyberKN

I figure that is enough, considering the delete button only exists on admin accounts.

Perhaps a "civilian mode" for admins?

That looked pretty cool.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:37 (2919 days ago) @ CyberKN

I feel like that's the sort of feature that should require a password entry. Or at least, some confirmation method that isn't accident prone.

It's really not as dangerous as it sounds. It only deletes MARKED postings - and there's no way (that I know of) to mass-mark postings. You have to mark each one individually, by clicking a small circle.

Even if you ignored the 'Do you really want to do this?' posting, you'd have to have spent several minutes tediously clicking all of the tiny circles on the front page in order to delete just those postings with that button.

Crap.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, April 29, 2016, 16:10 (2919 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's really not as dangerous as it sounds. It only deletes MARKED postings - and there's no way (that I know of) to mass-mark postings. You have to mark each one individually, by clicking a small circle.

Even if you ignored the 'Do you really want to do this?' posting, you'd have to have spent several minutes tediously clicking all of the tiny circles on the front page in order to delete just those postings with that button.

I didn't even notice THAT one! I was actually referring to the 'reset or uninstall forum' option under Admin.

...This job is getting too stressful.

Crap.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 29, 2016, 16:31 (2919 days ago) @ Leviathan

I didn't even notice THAT one! I was actually referring to the 'reset or uninstall forum' option under Admin.

...This job is getting too stressful.

lol

I haven't tried pressing that button - but I'd guess there's a warning there, too. (Really, though, I haven't visited that page in months; I guess I COULD accidentally click over to it, and then accidentally click the reset button, and then accidentally accept the warning... but it seems unlikely. :) )

Don't stress. Again, the worst that happens is you delete one day's worth of postings. We'll all live. :)

What do you mean "that's not how it works"?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, April 29, 2016, 16:33 (2919 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I wonder how many times we have had this conversation about the button, tempted someone into pressing it, and then had everything erased and then restored to a backup from a day ago.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 29, 2016, 16:38 (2919 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

*tinfoil hat intensifies*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 29, 2016, 16:50 (2919 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Somebody get me a Dekyon emitter and a Soong-type android

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, April 29, 2016, 16:56 (2919 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by CyberKN, Friday, April 29, 2016, 17:01

And just to be safe, prepare to decompress the main shuttlebay.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 29, 2016, 17:11 (2919 days ago) @ CyberKN

And just to be safe, prepare to decompress the main shuttlebay.

Three.

...I suggest we use the tractor beam...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, April 29, 2016, 17:37 (2919 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, April 29, 2016, 18:04 (2919 days ago) @ CyberKN

Make sure to reverse polarity on everything first.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, April 29, 2016, 18:08 (2919 days ago) @ stabbim

Make sure to reverse polarity on everything first.

And whatever you do, don't cross the streams.

I feel uncomfortable not knowing if there is a warning...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, April 29, 2016, 17:30 (2919 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You should probably test it for us so we can all be at ease...

Please test it.

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 29, 2016, 17:31 (2919 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

You are both bad people.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 29, 2016, 18:23 (2919 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

FOR SCIENCE!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 29, 2016, 18:28 (2919 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

FOR SCIENCE!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, April 29, 2016, 18:34 (2919 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

That looked pretty cool.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:32 (2919 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'm going to have to request one more admin privilege...

Another game coming from a Bungie Alumni

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, April 28, 2016, 19:20 (2920 days ago) @ Leviathan

"inspired by The Twilight Zone, The X-Files..."

The Twilight Zone? Count me in!

I love The Twilight Zone.

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 29, 2016, 00:47 (2920 days ago) @ dogcow

But I hope it's not one of those games, almost universally in the same engine, where you walk around an empty house, pick up things, rotate them for some reason, and then when you interact with the right object some kind of portal opens up into an alternate world.

I've played about a dozen of these single player adventure/psychological thriller/whatever games in the past year. I'm getting really tired of it. This looks like one of those games.

That being said, I'm optimistic because Twilight Zone is mentioned, and that type of thing is very unlike Twilight Zone.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread