IB Stats email and fusion rifles (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, May 06, 2016, 19:44 (2933 days ago)
edited by slycrel, Friday, May 06, 2016, 19:48

So, I've been loving the new fusion rifle changes. I did a lot with them in IB this past week.

However, bungie mailed me some stats which I don't fully understand.

[image]

I've found that I am more consistent and more accurate at longer ranges with the Vacancy over my Thesan FR4. However these stats seem to imply that this should not be the case. I have also had very mixed results with my own ashraven's flight -- the greater range and slight impact reduction can't seem to compete with the stability of the thesan or vacancy (which also has more impact).

Of note is the trials fusion rifle there at the top. I don't think I have one anymore, I gave the one I did get a good try and it seemed to... not be great. That was pre-patch though.

I've also not given Plan C a fair shake in year 2. Even in Y1 I never thought it was worth the exotic slot.

Anyone else familiar with the new fusion rifle changes want to comment? I'd like some additional perspective.

IB Stats email and fusion rifles

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 06, 2016, 20:31 (2933 days ago) @ slycrel

Anyone else familiar with the new fusion rifle changes want to comment? I'd like some additional perspective.

Must…hold…out. Must not play with new Fusion Rifle awesomeness…

Can't kill anything with 'em, personally.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 06, 2016, 20:35 (2933 days ago) @ slycrel

I tried out the vendor Vacancy during IB and My old Purifier afterwards, and don't see any of the stability improvements people are talking about- I was lucky to get 1/2 of my spread to hit the enemy, and they usually killed me while I was charging my second shot.

Also, I don't remember getting killed by them as much as this graph would imply, compared to other specials.

Instructional video

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 06, 2016, 20:38 (2933 days ago) @ CyberKN

Three easy steps and you can be a master too.

http://destiny.isnotcanon.net/movies/Master_Blaster_720.mp4

I've found center mass or foot aiming is most effective

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, May 06, 2016, 20:38 (2933 days ago) @ CyberKN

It also depends on the sight, stability, range, and recoil that's going on. A few perks change a lot on even the same type of fusion rifle. Some look great on paper but are garbage. Others look so-so but seem to be great.

Fantastic. :D

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, May 06, 2016, 20:41 (2933 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Also, you'd love the new changes. Just like old times.

Fantastic. :D

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 06, 2016, 20:55 (2933 days ago) @ slycrel

Also, you'd love the new changes. Just like old times.

There's a reason why Fusion Rifles are my #2 in weapon kills in crucible. Only 18 kills behind the number 1: hand canon.

I wonder who the ammo changes affect Fusion Rifles.

Context?

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, May 06, 2016, 21:54 (2933 days ago) @ slycrel

I didn't get that email, so I don't know the context.

Were those FR kills specific to you? Was there any labeling on the x axis?

Holy Crap!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, May 06, 2016, 22:04 (2933 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Dang that's awesome range! My purifier melted people, but not that far away! Talk about a perfect roll!

Holy Crap!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 06, 2016, 22:51 (2933 days ago) @ breitzen

Dang that's awesome range! My purifier melted people, but not that far away! Talk about a perfect roll!

It wasn't even a perfect roll. Could have been even better if it had rangefinder as well.

Nope. Still garbage.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, May 07, 2016, 15:55 (2932 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The spread is way to large now. Just played a bunch more games to confirm

Holy Crap!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, May 07, 2016, 18:56 (2932 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I thought Rangefinder was broken on Fusion Rifles? But I have no idea where that information comes from.

IB Stats email and fusion rifles

by Durandal, Sunday, May 08, 2016, 15:41 (2931 days ago) @ slycrel

I have a vendor Vacancy, Ashraven's Flight, and the Vortex. I used the Vacancy extensively in IB, at 320, and it worked well. I was getting kills at a fair distance, and was taking out shoulder charging titans here and there as well.

It is still very unforgiving of a miss, and as you get close in the slide+Party Crashers would still get me, but they are definitely far better then before.

The main key is that FRs require anticipation. You can't pull them out in the middle of a firefight, you have to open with them to be successful. For example, the hallway on Vertigo that looks down from the B point, pre-charge and then scoot into the opening to take the shot and you can kill people on the lower platform pretty quickly.

I still find that my blade dancer works best with the MIDA/Shotgun/Boots of Eao combo and speeding all over the place, but for a mid range warlock the FR synergises well. I think it is less effective on Titans, mostly because they have the tools to be in close, but a Void Titan with Weapons could be very intriguing with a fast charge FR and hitting people before they enter the bubble.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread