THAB- Fireteam Builder for the Companion App (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 19:49 (2914 days ago)

They should hire Beorn to be in charge of this!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 20:38 (2914 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Think we can get Bungie to just use the FTB?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 20:46 (2914 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

This^

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 20:50 (2914 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

no thanks

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 21:45 (2914 days ago) @ Xenos

DBO peeps only!

no thanks

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 21:45 (2914 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

DBO peeps only!

Haha, I meant the code for it, not combining them.

DBO first...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 21:55 (2914 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'll still prioritize DBO FTB if planning or looking to play, but it'll be nice to also have something in the Companion to help match up if I've got no one else to play with.

I'm Actually Rather Excited

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 13, 2016, 13:01 (2913 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I come home late from work--everybody is in a full fireteam of their own. No room, 7th wheel, all that junk. Hopefully I can find more people interested in doing Year 1 stuff.

Pointless unless is it accessible IN GAME, like grimoire

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 16:08 (2912 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

So... DBO FTB is pointless?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 16:32 (2912 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

No, because it's accessible IN FORUM

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 14, 2016, 16:42 (2912 days ago) @ Xenos

And the forum is the real game. ;p

But seriously, we are a generally well-behaved SMALL group of people. We're basically a clan. We can make do with an out-of-game organizer.

B.net? Hah! No.

And B.net has a clan system.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 17:12 (2912 days ago) @ ZackDark

And the forum is the real game. ;p

But seriously, we are a generally well-behaved SMALL group of people. We're basically a clan. We can make do with an out-of-game organizer.

B.net? Hah! No.

From the paragraph at the end of the THAB, it's going to be accessible for clans on B.net. Clans can organize events through it, or just find other people in their clan that want to play.

DBO FTB is amazing! DBOdidnt make the game, dont have access

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 16:48 (2912 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 17:10 (2912 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I understand, my main point was that theirs will still be an incredibly useful tool, as DBO FTB is. It doesn't HAVE to be in game to be useful. B.net has a huge population compared to DBO, and plenty of people will use their tool to find people to play with, some who may not have played co-op activities before. Having it in the game would be much nicer, but that doesn't make the tool they created pointless.

It's what LFG does. Verbatim.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 14, 2016, 17:28 (2912 days ago) @ Xenos

It's cool that they have one of their own, but could've given it a spin or something. Maybe send a "join" signal to your console, so you don't have to invite to a party or something.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, May 15, 2016, 01:03 (2912 days ago) @ Xenos

plenty of people will use their tool to find people to play with, some who may not have played co-op activities before.

Using the tool is much much better in co-op than solo.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, May 15, 2016, 01:57 (2912 days ago) @ red robber

plenty of people will use their tool to find people to play with, some who may not have played co-op activities before.

Using the tool is much much better in co-op than solo.

What you've never made a FTB event for just yourself before?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, May 16, 2016, 04:47 (2911 days ago) @ Xenos

I understand, my main point was that theirs will still be an incredibly useful tool, as DBO FTB is. It doesn't HAVE to be in game to be useful. B.net has a huge population compared to DBO, and plenty of people will use their tool to find people to play with, some who may not have played co-op activities before. Having it in the game would be much nicer, but that doesn't make the tool they created pointless.

It's not entirely pointless, however it is rather redundant at this point, if it doesn't offer anything more. I think it should be in-game to be more useful than all the existing tools at our disposal now. LFG sites (some of which they've featured on Bnet) and DBOFTB already do what this is (apparently) proposing to do. Unless the interface and execution is a drastic improvement, it's hard to win a "me too" game. Then again, they are the makers of the game, so it's quite possible.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 16, 2016, 13:17 (2910 days ago) @ Mid7night

And that is last sentence is kind of my point. A LOT of people go to Bungie.net, and quite a few use the Clan pages/forums for Fireteam building and event planning now. Add on to that group the number of people who haven't used an LFG site, and I think there are going to be PLENTY of people that use Bungie's LFG. And the fact that there will be makes it a useful addition.

That being said, do I think it'd be better if it was in game? Absolutely.

Please, continue the FTB kissing-up. <3

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, May 16, 2016, 18:55 (2910 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Edit: Seriously, though; the FTB love makes me happy. :)

<3

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, May 16, 2016, 19:20 (2910 days ago) @ Beorn

That 330 light level limit tho :(

Oop, fix'd!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, May 16, 2016, 20:13 (2910 days ago) @ CyberKN

That 330 light level limit tho :(

I forgot! I set that before the April update and just guessed. Never actually updated it to 335… Should be good now.

FTB love! <3

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, May 16, 2016, 20:21 (2910 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

<3 (again)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, May 16, 2016, 20:34 (2910 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Please, continue the FTB kissing-up. <3

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 16, 2016, 19:29 (2910 days ago) @ Beorn

Edit: Seriously, though; the FTB love makes me happy. :)

You've done a great job with the FTB, man. It works exactly how people want it to, as is much more convenient for them to use than many other LFG options. I wish it continued success.
[image]

The fact it's a gift makes it even more uncomfortable

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, May 16, 2016, 20:59 (2910 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

FTB FTW!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 16, 2016, 20:26 (2910 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 16, 2016, 06:53 (2911 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Am I the only person who still thinks it was the right call not to have matchmaking in game for raids?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 16, 2016, 10:45 (2911 days ago) @ Kermit

Am I the only person who still thinks it was the right call not to have matchmaking in game for raids?

For the raids, yes I agree. Trials too. But I see no reason for leaving out matchmaking for nightfalls and challenge of elders.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 16, 2016, 11:09 (2911 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Kermit, Monday, May 16, 2016, 11:29

For the raids, yes I agree. Trials too. But I see no reason for leaving out matchmaking for nightfalls and challenge of elders.

I don't either, except maybe to encourage people to get with the program and find/make friends who play Destiny. I've become more convinced of the virtual bar theory of Destiny. It's a place to hang with friends--everything else is secondary.

I still don't think those who want it for six-player activities get it, and that includes friends of mine. I try to set up a raid with them, and they're like, yeah, I might be on tonight, and I'm thinking, yeah, well, the people who say they WILL be on will get your seat. These same people have no expectation that if, say, they show up at a volleyball court whenever they feel like it, a team will magically appear at the push of a button. Let's say everyone could join a team of randoms with matchmaking, that means they'll leave the moment it seems tougher than they think it should be. Easy come, easy go. They're only there for the loot. They're not there for you.

I think mandatory matchmaking in PvE is bad.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, May 16, 2016, 11:32 (2910 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But I also think that, if it is possible, all PvE activities should have optional matchmaking.

I wouldn't use it for raids, but if a bunch of people want to subject themselves to that misery, go for it. LFGs are already mostly awful, at least you won't have to hear them talk.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 16, 2016, 11:48 (2910 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

But I also think that, if it is possible, all PvE activities should have optional matchmaking.

I wouldn't use it for raids, but if a bunch of people want to subject themselves to that misery, go for it. LFGs are already mostly awful, at least you won't have to hear them talk.

Not being able to talk during a raid sounds awful.

*CruelLEGACEY Dances*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 16, 2016, 12:04 (2910 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by ProbablyLast, Monday, May 16, 2016, 12:09 (2910 days ago) @ Kermit

Sounds like a dream come true to me.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 16, 2016, 12:53 (2910 days ago) @ Kermit

I bet some of my regular raid partners long for the days when I didn't talk ;)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 16, 2016, 13:12 (2910 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You're a special case, Cruel. You're not likely to frantically announce (or have the need to announce) "I need help over here" every five minutes like I do.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, May 16, 2016, 14:43 (2910 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Heh - Kermit's right, you're a special case. (Well, maybe not about people longing for silence; I know PLENTY of people who fit THAT mold. :) )

I seriously can't remember a KF raid where the ability to communicate ("4th Knight's Down", etc) wasn't critical. Without speech, you have to be able to watch EVERYTHING - and sometimes you can't.

Easy example (this actually happened): Oryx Challenge, I'm a Titan, with two jobs: I provide the Blessing bubble for the ogre shooters in the center, but I'm on Plate 2. This means I wait for Oryx to slam his fist, drop my bubble, and hightail it to the second plate - I'm almost always supposed to be up pretty much as quickly as I can get there.

On one run, however, I drop my bubble and sprint towards the platform, leap into the air with the expectation of hearing "One Up" from behind me... when I hear "Oops, missed the jump - One is not up!"

I had to turn in midair and land on the ground in order not to spawn platforms and ogres in the wrong order. Had Plate 1's person not been able to speak, that would have been a guaranteed wipe.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 16, 2016, 15:10 (2910 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heh - Kermit's right, you're a special case. (Well, maybe not about people longing for silence; I know PLENTY of people who fit THAT mold. :) )

I seriously can't remember a KF raid where the ability to communicate ("4th Knight's Down", etc) wasn't critical. Without speech, you have to be able to watch EVERYTHING - and sometimes you can't.

Easy example (this actually happened): Oryx Challenge, I'm a Titan, with two jobs: I provide the Blessing bubble for the ogre shooters in the center, but I'm on Plate 2. This means I wait for Oryx to slam his fist, drop my bubble, and hightail it to the second plate - I'm almost always supposed to be up pretty much as quickly as I can get there.

On one run, however, I drop my bubble and sprint towards the platform, leap into the air with the expectation of hearing "One Up" from behind me... when I hear "Oops, missed the jump - One is not up!"

I had to turn in midair and land on the ground in order not to spawn platforms and ogres in the wrong order. Had Plate 1's person not been able to speak, that would have been a guaranteed wipe.

A great example among countless I can think of. Weren't you THE flawless raider, Cruel--the one who never was the first to die? You are the only player I know who could pull off silent raiding, which is fortunate given your situation.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 16, 2016, 15:30 (2910 days ago) @ Kermit

A great example among countless I can think of. Weren't you THE flawless raider, Cruel--the one who never was the first to die? You are the only player I know who could pull off silent raiding, which is fortunate given your situation.

Yeah, back during the Flawless VoG runs I was the only one who never caused a wipe... but it's not a totally fair record. The great thing about raiding with a regular group is that we were able to work me into situations where my lack of communication wasn't a problem. During the Conflux/Oracle phase, I stayed up on the platform with my Ice Breaker and covered the rest of the team who was down in the thick of it. My teammates were all very good players who communicated well, so I would just listen to their callouts and adjust where needed.

I've found that playing without a mic has certain advantages. When I'm not talking, I'm a bit more observant. I become more aware of what is going on with all of my teammates. Of course, this is dependent on having teammates who communicate well, but that is rarely a problem while playing with DBOers :)

On the flip side, I've definitely run into a few situations where I could see something going wrong, but was unable to do anything about it or warn anyone. I joined a couple of the Rebel FM guys for a run through Kings Fall on one of their charity live streams... There were several points where I could see a teammate making a mistake, and I would dance and wave like a maniac trying to get their attention to no avail lol.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, May 16, 2016, 15:24 (2910 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The first time I heard you talk I was not expecting such a deep manly voice.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, May 16, 2016, 15:32 (2910 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I still think he's a dead ringer for Deej.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 16, 2016, 15:34 (2910 days ago) @ Cody Miller

People always tell me I have the perfect face for radio...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread