Red Vex? (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 13:34 (2909 days ago)

Anyone seen these guys before? I ran into them on Venus in the N/Gen Branch while doing a VIP patrol.

[image] [image]

Huh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 13:38 (2909 days ago) @ breitzen

Thought of checking my Grimoire, but apparently it's not in any of the "Vex factions" there. If you die to it, what does the killed-by overlay say?

Huh

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 13:40 (2909 days ago) @ ZackDark

Oh I didn't even think to do that! I know what my mission is this week!

Looking forward

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 13:45 (2909 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

I think these guys show up in PoE

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 16:21 (2909 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Red Vex?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 16:35 (2909 days ago) @ breitzen

Anyone seen these guys before? I ran into them on Venus in the N/Gen Branch while doing a VIP patrol.

[image] [image]

I've seen red Vex before, they pop up rarely when you do a VIP mission, though usually they are Minotaurs not Goblins. There's even a destinypedia page about them (they were listed in the official strategy guide)!

Awesome!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 17:39 (2909 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for the heads up! I love that I'm still discovering things about destiny and it's lore!

Ditto.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 00:57 (2909 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Red Vex - POE

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 10:27 (2908 days ago) @ Xenos

I can confirm that the Red Vex (properly know as Aphix Invasive) are the Vex you fight in the Prision Of Elders. Interesting how there's no grimoire card for them yet...

[image] [image]

It's also curious to me that they are featured so little outside of POE. Hopefully we see more of them on the future!

Red Vex - POE

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 11:59 (2908 days ago) @ breitzen

What I don't understand about the PoE's is why each section has all the same color/faction of bad guys. I mean, it's a prison right? don't they just throw all the vex in the same place? I would think they would randomize the coloring of the bad guys.

Follow-up Question

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 14:02 (2908 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Does each arena only hold one enemy faction? (Are the Aphix Invasive the only type of Vex in POE?)
And are each enemy facion unique to POE? (The Wolves arent, well kinda, we had story missions but not before HOW)

My gut says yes but I don't KNOW for sure. More investigation I guess!

Follow-up Question

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 14:09 (2908 days ago) @ breitzen

Does each arena only hold one enemy faction? (Are the Aphix Invasive the only type of Vex in POE?)
And are each enemy facion unique to POE? (The Wolves arent, well kinda, we had story missions but not before HOW)

My gut says yes but I don't KNOW for sure. More investigation I guess!

Well, the other thing is, in the the case of Hive. I'm assuming that a higher being is controlling each faction, so it makes no sense to throw multiple hive together that are being controlled by different beings. As for the Vex, I never understood why they would even have different factions, I mean they all share the same mind! Why would their be any difference, faction wise, between them? They don't need it!

Also, in the case the Fallen, I'm assuming each faction just hates each other so it would just be a constant bar fight if you through them in the same room...

I'm starting to realize that maybe there IS a reason they attack by faction :-D

Well, we kind of have an answer

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 21:15 (2908 days ago) @ breitzen

The Vex that are in the PoE are mostly (if not completely) in there by choice. Go read the Qodron Grimoire card (under Vex Axis minds).

Whoa.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 23:00 (2908 days ago) @ Xenos

How had i missed that!? That's awesome. The other POE champion cards provides a neat look into those groups too. The Broken Legion seem Like they have great future story potential!

Unrelated but cool

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 23:28 (2908 days ago) @ breitzen

Someone was asking me how they got the Taken into the Prison, and while they don't talk about it completely, they have a Grimoire card that talks about it some. Enemies > The Taken > Report: Taken Power

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread