Anyone else playing the new Hitman game? (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 15:14 (2909 days ago)

I picked it up on Sunday, and so far I'm really impressed with it.

The levels are sprawling, dense, and packed with little touches that show an inordinate amount of polish (There's an absurd amount of NPC dialogue). It feels very "clockwork", as if every NPC has a schedule that they keep to, until you interrupt it, at which point things can spiral out of control very quickly (in both good and bad ways).

I was initially skeptical of the last-minute change to an episodic format, but the lower price of entry and videos of people playing the game won me over.

I think Destiny could have benefited from a similar release structure, but maybe that content pipeline isn't fast enough to keep up with demand.

Anyone else playing the new Hitman game?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 16:50 (2909 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was initially skeptical of the last-minute change to an episodic format, but the lower price of entry and videos of people playing the game won me over.

This game honestly feels perfect for the way they're releasing it. I've not bought the new mission yet, but played through the Paris one a few times. I've never played a Hitman prior to this, but I love replaying missions and complete secondary objectives and completing the mission in different ways. I don't think I'd do that if it was every level was available at launch. Right now it's perfect--I played for an hour and finish a mission, then put it down and return to do it in a different manner in a few days or a week, or whenever it sounds fun.

I think Destiny could have benefited from a similar release structure, but maybe that content pipeline isn't fast enough to keep up with demand.

It'd be interesting to see, for sure.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 19, 2016, 19:55 (2907 days ago) @ CyberKN

I can't really think of a single game that benefits from an 'episodic release', except perhaps something like Hearthstone where they add new cards periodically.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 19, 2016, 21:47 (2907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't really think of a single game that benefits from an 'episodic release', except perhaps something like Hearthstone where they add new cards periodically.

The game that started this thread certainly does, in my opinion.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread