Need help with Lighthouse/Osiris-based Clan Emblem... (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 16:26 (2908 days ago)

Despite having played the game for a couple of years already, I only recently started my own clan in Warframe. "The Lighthouse" was (somehow) available as a clan name (fitting name, since we're focusing on helping out folks who are new to the game/ aren't getting accepted into other clans), and so I went about decorating my Clan Dojo with an Osiris/Lighthouse theme:

[image][image]

It's pretty basic stuff for now (I'm thinking of making the grays brown, to match the Lighthouse aesthetics), but one of the most important (and neat) things is that you can create a custom Clan Emblem that will show up in-game. You can put it on your Dojo decorations (the white placeholder on the banners in this image, for example):

[image]

Or on your Characters/Sentinels/Pets, such as this example:

[image]

So the thing is that Emblems can only be submitted/changed once per major update (usually once every 2 months), and it's not "free"; it requires a hefty amount of Platinum (150) to submit/change an emblem, which can take a good while to save up. And that wouldn't be much of a problem, but with all of my Destiny-inspired designs, I run the risk of having my (non-refundable) submission rejected due to copyright issues.

I wanted to have something like the Eye of Osiris:
[image]

It's neat, simple, and fits the theme and my love of Destiny...
But I have no idea if I'd be allowed to use it, so I'd risk losing a lot of Platinum in order to find out. So I'm wondering if anyone could help pitch some ideas for a Destiny-styled emblem.

They have some rules:
1. Clan Emblem must be a 128x128 .PNG file.
2. (Common sense) Do not upload offensive and inappropriate images. Do not take the risk and upload questionable images.
3. White glows, so try not to use it too much, or the emblem might show up as a bright light.

Other than that, I'm open to any suggestions.

(This one looks pretty neat, but also copyrightened):
[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread