So are we just not going to talk about the "leaked" DLC? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 20, 2016, 01:02 (2907 days ago)

Pretty much just speculation at this point, but since The Taken King was leaked a wee bit early, it's totally possible. Either way, this is some pretty dang sweet artwork, if nothing else...

[image]

I hadn't considered a big Crucible DLC, but that would be pretty neat (and would be a great way to introduce private matches)... Unless this is a new twist on story content.

Either way, it would be neat to see Saladin raising an army...

House of Wolves 2: More Wolves

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 20, 2016, 01:20 (2907 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Yeah, That Was My Cue.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 20, 2016, 02:45 (2907 days ago) @ CyberKN

I doubt that exists, but the picture is sweet.

I'd love more Crucible!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, May 20, 2016, 01:21 (2907 days ago) @ Korny

Pretty much just speculation at this point, but since The Taken King was leaked a wee bit early, it's totally possible. Either way, this is some pretty dang sweet artwork, if nothing else...

[image]

I hadn't considered a big Crucible DLC, but that would be pretty neat (and would be a great way to introduce private matches)... Unless this is a new twist on story content.

Either way, it would be neat to see Saladin raising an army...

The PvP is what keeps me in Destiny. I've been burned out on the PvE side for months.

Private matches, Custom Games, more modes, new maps! While raids were the best part for many folks, Iron Banner is my favorite thing in Destiny. Nothing gets us PvPers together like IB. Its competitive but casual compared to Trials, plus its a 6 man event. The rewards are usually pretty good, definitely this last IB. I'm intrigued by the idea of more PvP type stuff. Clan matches or faction wars of some type would be cool.

So are we just not going to talk about the "leaked" DLC?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 20, 2016, 01:37 (2907 days ago) @ Korny

A Crucible based expansion would be the surest way to prevent me from buying it.

That said, I don't see that happening. Then again, this is Destiny we're talking about, so the who the hell knows anymore.

I'd certainly loved to see a story expansion involving ol' Saladfingers, though! And a Fallen-themed raid sounds cool. Better than more Vex like people seemed to have been anticipating.

Private matches, dued.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 20, 2016, 04:41 (2907 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 20, 2016, 03:08 (2907 days ago) @ Korny

Crucible DLC

There is literally nothing they could do with Destiny that I would be less likely to participate in.

Unless it's actually a normal expansion with normal PvE content (and probably some extra PvP stuff to justify the connection I guess), where the story just happens to revolve around characters/factions associated with the Crucible.

Potentially a nice low fantasy expansion

by Durandal, Friday, May 20, 2016, 09:32 (2906 days ago) @ stabbim

I think an expansion centered around the Lords of the Iron Banner could be very interesting. First we know that the Lords had a falling out that turned to violence, based on the names and flavor text of some of the weapons they produce.

What could cause such a falling out, and what were the implications to the city? This could end up being a very character focused expansion, more then just dropping Lord Salad into the courtyard for a week with a bunch of IB quests.

A character focused DLC, with pvp and pve exploration would be awesome. Perhaps a new type of arena challenge, where you face teams of the Iron Lords?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 20, 2016, 10:09 (2906 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Well, now I know where he's getting all those cloaks that keep dropping for me.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:11 (2906 days ago) @ Korny

That Giant Axe

The hole in the Wall

Why hasn't this fused with Game of Thrones, yet?

Glowing and Shiny, please.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, May 20, 2016, 22:05 (2906 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Yeah…

Why is my futuristic Space magic game lately nothing but pointy rocks, gingivitis, and now Conan the barbarian?

Word is there's a raid

by Kahzgul, Friday, May 20, 2016, 19:50 (2906 days ago) @ Korny

Kotaku reported there's a raid. They originally said it was one cut from HoW, but then were contacted by "a source" that told them the new raid has been made from scratch and work on it didn't start until last summer.

Also, for people talking about "a PvP expansion" - every expansion is a pvp expansion because they add is a couple of maps and maybe a game mode or two.

Time component?

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, May 20, 2016, 23:27 (2906 days ago) @ Korny

I have no source to quote, but someone made mention of possibly going back in time for some Destiny content at some point. What if this next expansion actually takes us back to the battle at Twilight Gap where the Iron Banner all began (I haven't read the grimoire very closely, but I think that's pretty accurate, welcome to input of course).

That would be awesome.

by Kahzgul, Saturday, May 21, 2016, 09:35 (2905 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

All this talk about Saladin and Twilight Gap...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, May 22, 2016, 01:54 (2905 days ago) @ Korny

"The Gjallarhorn shoulder-mounted rocket system was designed and personally crafted by Feizel Crux as a gift to the Guardians who fought the Battle of the Twilight Gap. Forged from the armor of the thousands who fell, to wield Gjallarhorn is to wield honor against any attempt at our extermination."

Year 2 Gjallarhorn?

Probably Y2 Gyllenhaal, while everything else is Y3.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, May 22, 2016, 02:12 (2905 days ago) @ bluerunner

Just so we can't have fun.

It'll probably stay year one but get a balancing nerf.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, May 22, 2016, 07:06 (2904 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Reduce inventory, but increase stability to offset.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, May 22, 2016, 09:26 (2904 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Yeah, inventory was pretty ridiculous for that amount of dmg

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 22, 2016, 11:32 (2904 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Good point. They should probably remove wolfpack rounds.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, May 22, 2016, 13:27 (2904 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Just make it a sidearm and call it a day ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, May 22, 2016, 14:18 (2904 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Gjallarnipple

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 22, 2016, 17:47 (2904 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread