Hey, I'm in the top 1% in my ELO! LOL. Whaa??? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 15:30 (2892 days ago)

Hey, I'm in the top 1% in my ELO! LOL. Whaa???

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 15:54 (2892 days ago) @ dogcow

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/DogCowMoof/team

Trust me, I'm not that good.

DestinyTracker's Elo is ALL about win/loss. Nothing else matters.

http://destinytracker.com/Forums/Post/20962/6/dtr-elo

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 15:58 (2892 days ago) @ Claude Errera

DestinyTracker's Elo is ALL about win/loss. Nothing else matters.

Yup, I've totally rode the coattails of fellow DBOers to get there :)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 16:00 (2892 days ago) @ dogcow

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/DogCowMoof/team

Wow, the difference between my Control matches played and trials is only 4 games. Holy. I've played a lot of trials recently. Also it's scary that my weapons by kills in trials is Super, Auto Rifle and Melee. And yes, in that order.

Very Strange

by Durandal, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 16:22 (2892 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm a bronze in control, platnum 2 in IB, and Diamond in zone control, yet these are all the same game modes.

I assume this is entirely due to my having nearly 1000 control, and 3-400 IB games vs 40 Zone control.

Not as strange as you might think. Here's some reasons why.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 16:42 (2892 days ago) @ Durandal

They aren't entirely the same game. Kills can never win a Zone Control match, so it more effectively demonstrates which team is capable of controlling more of the map than another team.

And Iron Banner tends to get more coordinated teams playing together than normal Crucible, so the results reflect, for better or worse, your teamwork.

Each of these small details is enough to make a significant impact in the data, especially given that your rating is relative to everyone else's ratings.

But I would agree, that a smaller sample size can be beneficial if you played particularly well. You also need to consider the learning curve for each game type. You played Control first and thus brought all the lessons of Control into Iron Banner, and having played both of those you brought all those lessons into Zone Control; thus, Zone Control benefits more greatly from your experience than the others. This same anomaly is why my most played character has a lower overall K/D than my least played, because of all the hours I put into that character learning and failing, where with my lower played characters, I've already benefitted from all the failures on my other character.

All reasonable theories

by Durandal, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 17:05 (2892 days ago) @ BeardFade

That is probably correct. I definitely look for groups during IB over normal crucible, and tend to mess around far less.

Then again I did spend a whole zone control game with a buddy running around shoulder charging enemies while he bubbled in random spots. Good times :)

Your enemies didn't bring you down.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 19:40 (2891 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Thankfully, I didn't see any with the gamertag 'Bruce'!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 19:54 (2891 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread