If you're in the Houston area this weekend... (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 22:15 (2894 days ago)

...and you're attending Space City Comic Con, I'll draw you a Destiny picture. Also, if you're in any of these cities at these dates, I'll do the same. :)

Why am I on the west coast? Cursed geography.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 22:40 (2894 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Why am I in another country? Cursed geopolitics.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 22:42 (2894 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Planning on hitting the coasts, ECCC, next year!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 22:57 (2894 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

If you're in the Houston area this weekend...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 22:43 (2894 days ago) @ Leviathan

...and you're attending Space City Comic Con, I'll draw you a Destiny picture. Also, if you're in any of these cities at these dates, I'll do the same. :)

Maybe I want a Mayflower picture.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 22:56 (2894 days ago) @ Kermit

That's the whole scheme here! I pull you in with a sketch of a Guardian, you go "Oh, what's this Mayflower thing?"...

Next thing you know I'm 1000 miles away with your five dollars and all you've got is a stupid comic, hah!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 23:36 (2894 days ago) @ Leviathan
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 23:41

That's the whole scheme here! I pull you in with a sketch of a Guardian, you go "Oh, what's this Mayflower thing?"...

No seriously, though, what is this Mayflower thing? (Edit: A little DBO forum search revealed the answer to this. I feel like an idiot for not knowing about it! And now I will be reading it.)

I live less than fifteen minutes away from Columbia, MO, so I'd love to at least just come and say hi and finally have met someone from the bungie.org community in person.

Boy, you're in for a treat!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 23:46 (2894 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 00:27 (2894 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No seriously, though, what is this Mayflower thing? (Edit: A little DBO forum search revealed the answer to this. I feel like an idiot for not knowing about it! And now I will be reading it.)

As an admin now, using DBO to promote my own projects feels a little sketchy to me so I try to keep it on the down-low. :) I may gab about it again here once I finish the first arc and collect it in a trade. Going to Kickstart that if I haven't found a publisher by then and may need some help.

I live less than fifteen minutes away from Columbia, MO, so I'd love to at least just come and say hi and finally have met someone from the bungie.org community in person.

For sure! I've never actually been to DodecaCon but hopefully since it's small, it isn't too pricey. There used to be a Midwest Geekfest in Columbia that I exhibited at, but they haven't had it in a few years. I'll try to remember to print some Destiny stuff before that show for you.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 00:39 (2894 days ago) @ Leviathan

As an admin now, using DBO to promote my own projects feels a little sketchy to me so I try to keep it on the down-low. :) I may gab about it again here once I finish the first arc and collect it in a trade. Going to Kickstart that if I haven't found a publisher by then and may need some help.

I'd definitely contribute to that! It looks like you posted about it during one of my absences, so I just never caught the news.

For sure! I've never actually been to DodecaCon but hopefully since it's small, it isn't too pricey. There used to be a Midwest Geekfest in Columbia that I exhibited at, but they haven't had it in a few years. I'll try to remember to print some Destiny stuff before that show for you.

That'd be great! I'm looking forward to it! Now I just have to put reminders everywhere so I don't end up forgetting about it.

by Quirel, Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 01:58 (2894 days ago) @ Leviathan

Looks like my vacation just got extended a whole week.

by Argent_17, Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 11:12 (2893 days ago) @ Leviathan

Are you drawing these ahead of time, or are your drawing skills faster than the enemy team running away from a golden gun activation in trials? Also does it have to be purely destiny?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 19:49 (2893 days ago) @ Argent_17

Are you drawing these ahead of time, or are your drawing skills faster than the enemy team running away from a golden gun activation in trials? Also does it have to be purely destiny?

(Most) artists do commissions at cons, so I was offering a free Destiny sketch to any DBOers that might be around, mostly as an excuse to meet fellow comrades in the field. :)

The sketches usually take me around 2 hours to do at a con. I've drawn David Lynch to My Little Pony.

by Argent_17, Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 20:54 (2893 days ago) @ Leviathan

So if I were able to come to the con in Cincinnati you could draw the guardian from caydes stash? You know, the one with the exceptional light who may or may not be a reference to a famous power armor clad super soldier from a previous bungie game who really doesn't want to be woken up unless he's absolutely needed?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 14:38 (2892 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'm sure I can make it to O Comic Con. Driving to Council Bluffs is just a normal workday for me.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread