cheapLEY temptations of the week. Great stuff, too... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 21:59 (2881 days ago)
edited by Korny, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:10

How's Until Dawn coming along? This week's PSN sale is loaded with great stuff for all folks.

If you're looking for another good choice-based storytelling game, You can pick up the entire Life is Strange for $10. You know it's good because even Cody "I hate all sensible concepts of fun" Miller enjoyed it.

If you like survival horror games, the Outlast bundle is only $14.49, and is one of the only effectively "scary" games that I've played in a long while. Stressful, but never cheap, scares aren't random, and the story is actually interesting (and I'm eagerly anticipating the sequel) (and any problems that you have with the main campaign are likely addressed in the Whistleblower campaign). Plus, beating the game on the hardest difficulty without dying is one of those Trophies that is actually fun to go for (I've done it about four or five times, just because it's genuinely fun).

A number of DBO folks love Helldivers, and now you can get it with all of the expansions plus a dozen other DLC packs for just $24. Really tough, but lots of fun.

And finally, if the idea of a 4-player co-op Mirror's Edge game with Zombies, deep RPG elements, and a metric buttload of content sounds appealing, Dying Light: The Following (Enhanced Edition) is one of the best values in gaming today, and this week, it's an absolute steal at $35.99. It was easily my Game of the Year in 2015, and the Following expansion (that's right Cody, a proper expansion) that came out a few months ago added a ton of stuff to the game (I'm pretty sure it doubled the amount of content in an already meaty game).

I seriously can't recommend Dying Light enough.

cheapLEY temptations of the week. Great stuff, too...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:13 (2881 days ago) @ Korny

How's Until Dawn coming along?

I'm loving it. Nearly finished (I think). Going to finish it up this weekend.

This always looked interesting to me, but I've never actually given it a try. I don't need the temptation, and, even though I always say this, I really don't need any more to play right now. I'm even considering skipping Mirror's Edge for the immediate future so I can work through my backlog!

I like that I've earned a reputation for recklessly spending money on games, though.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:35 (2881 days ago) @ cheapLEY

How's Until Dawn coming along?

I'm loving it. Nearly finished (I think). Going to finish it up this weekend.

This always looked interesting to me, but I've never actually given it a try.

Let me know when you want, and I'll gladly Shareplay it with you.

I don't need the temptation, and, even though I always say this, I really don't need any more to play right now. I'm even considering skipping Mirror's Edge for the immediate future so I can work through my backlog!

Yeah, I told myself that I'll be skipping most big releases in the near future (Overwatch and Mirror's Edge being two big ones), but these deals have been too good for me. I think I've bought at least ten games this past month, all while spending less than $100 (outside of Uncharted 4, of which I got the Deluxe edition).

I like that I've earned a reputation for recklessly spending money on games, though.

And I've somehow not gotten to play with you. We must be on at different times.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 23:05 (2881 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, I told myself that I'll be skipping most big releases in the near future (Overwatch and Mirror's Edge being two big ones), but these deals have been too good for me. I think I've bought at least ten games this past month, all while spending less than $100 (outside of Uncharted 4, of which I got the Deluxe edition).

I still have Dark Souls 3 to finish, and I've barely touched DOOM. And yet, I've started a new game in The Witcher 3 for some reason, and it's got me hooked. After getting distracted from it last year, when I finally played it, I rushed through it, so there's tons of content there I missed and still want to experience.

And I've somehow not gotten to play with you. We must be on at different times.

Today was the first day I've had the PS4 online in a few weeks. I'm living out in the country now, and no cable company services this far out. I can tether through my phone, but really only just to see what my friends are up to. I can't keep a solid connection to Destiny's servers. So I take the PS4 to my family's house in town for updates. I don't foresee much online gaming in my immediate future, unfortunately.

This makes me sad.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 27, 2016, 10:11 (2881 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

I'll still be around.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 27, 2016, 17:10 (2880 days ago) @ Kermit

It's a short drive to my parent's place. I visit them on the weekends and usually cart my PS4 there when I do if I'm going to stay the night. That's how I played with CruelLEGACEY a few weeks ago. I just haven't been playing anything that's required an online connection lately.

I'll still be around.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 27, 2016, 17:12 (2880 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's a short drive to my parent's place. I visit them on the weekends and usually cart my PS4 there when I do if I'm going to stay the night. That's how I played with CruelLEGACEY a few weeks ago. I just haven't been playing anything that's required an online connection lately.

I wouldn't blame you if you weren't up for the blind raid gauntlet again, but I've always enjoyed having you on my fireteam.

I'll still be around.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 27, 2016, 17:29 (2880 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh I will definitely carve out time for that, so long as we can plan it out ahead of time and have time to prepare for it. I know we waited a few weeks last time, but I was still rushing to get ready.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:37 (2881 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Mirror's Edge with zombies?! no, No, NOOOOOOOO!

Mirror's Edge better not have freaking zombies.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread