How to avoid ever being invited to Iron Banner. VID+IMG (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Saturday, May 28, 2016, 17:29 (2883 days ago)
edited by Funkmon, Saturday, May 28, 2016, 18:21

There I was, sitting around, doing nothing productive and listening to Radio Wales as is my wont. Got an invite to a party from Unoudid. They were doing some Iron Banner and wanted to get some help. They were stressed and consistently losing. I was apparently being invited to fill out the team. Unoudid, in a pleading way, as if he was in a banana truck on the planet of the apes during lunch rush and had just run out of fruit, said this:

"I just need to win one game so I can go to sleep."

I knew as soon as I heard that sentence, I was going to sabotage the win if I could.

Then, apropos of nothing, unoudid said I was a bad person. Accurate assessment, but poor judgment.

"You don't even know," I said, then started giggling. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I knew I was going to attempt to give Zero Point Fox an aneurysm.

Only once we got to orbit did the full plan form in my head, as I was looking at my gear. Crucible test weapon, unupgraded pocket infinity, and racing gear with a massive exotic engram head.

[image]

That's when I started giggling like crazy. I laughed so much it was hard to talk once I finally saw myself. This is how I looked to the majority of players.

[image]

I was doing well, trying to kill people with my pocket infinity. I actually damaged some guys a few times. Example:

Overall, I think I contributed positively to the team, and I hope you all learned your lesson.

[image]

How to avoid ever being invited to Iron Banner. VID+IMG

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 28, 2016, 17:36 (2883 days ago) @ Funkmon

I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I knew I was going to attempt to give Zero Point Fox an aneurysm.

You were scary close to succeeding there.

Also, that Exotic paper mask popping up on the Bro-Team intro made my night. Well done, Funk. Well done.

You are history's greatest monster.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 28, 2016, 18:01 (2883 days ago) @ Funkmon

;p

IB is easy anyway.

by ProbablyLast, Saturday, May 28, 2016, 21:04 (2883 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

You're a bad person :)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Saturday, May 28, 2016, 21:37 (2883 days ago) @ Funkmon

Still funny though.

You inspired me

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, May 28, 2016, 22:21 (2883 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm not a fan of Crucible. I avoid it as much as possible. Especially Iron Banner. The frustration never feels worth the time or potential gear. That said, Nomis has been dragging me into Iron Banner this go for light boosting infusion garbage that seems about as likely to drop for me here as it would in a strike. I'm basically only having fun if I mute the TV (I cannot stand listening to Straxx and Saladin) and give zero fucks.

Then I saw this.

You inspired me good sir.

63 Light. I could've gone lower had I a more garbage artifact on hand. As it was I had to make a special trip to the Speaker just to get my 3 Light Ghost.

[image]

I even had on a Pumpkin Head for maximum headshotability.

And what was the outcome of this match?

[image]

We won, and I got 3 kills. BRING YO GAME SON. Fools over here getting schooled by a dude with a mask and a pumpkin head with 63 light in IRON FREAKING BANNER.

Dumb question incoming...

by Oholiab @, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 03:28 (2883 days ago) @ Funkmon

In that post-game image, what does "Current Elo" mean?

Btw, funny stuff. You need to play with Junior...

Dumb question incoming...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 04:18 (2883 days ago) @ Oholiab

In that post-game image, what does "Current Elo" mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Huh. Had no idea. Thanks!

by Oholiab @, Monday, May 30, 2016, 03:03 (2882 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Dumb answer incoming...

by Up North 65 @, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 05:10 (2883 days ago) @ Oholiab

Great Scott...!!!! *IMG* *NM*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 11:06 (2883 days ago) @ Up North 65
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 11:13

[image]

[image]

O_O

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 29, 2016, 12:33 (2882 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Des2ny confirmed Y3 VoG raid

by Raflection, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 20:40 (2882 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

//∧\\ +∞

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, June 02, 2016, 14:11 (2878 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

This is why you should save the Khvostov

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 21:32 (2882 days ago) @ Funkmon

You could have had an even worse light level.

I Love You So Much...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 30, 2016, 01:08 (2882 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread