I've replaced Long Far Gone (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 18:48 (2862 days ago)

For a long time now I've run my Striker with Long Far Gone as a secondary. It's fast charge time made it great in combination with Juggernaut Shield. When the Spring Update came through, FWC now had a new version of The Vortex. It is almost exactly the same stats as my Long Far Gone, but it has Accelerated Coils! Like Long Far Gone, you have to be accurate or you'll lose, but the charge speed is so fast that I'm more surprised that I didn't vaporize a quick Shotgunner than I am upset about being rushed by a shotgun.

If you've avoided Fusion Rifles for a long time, maybe give it a try. It's not quite Plan C fast (when the Plan C perk activates) but it's the fastest Fusion Rifle I've seen and is quite deadly at ranges a good deal beyond one hit kill shotgun range as lone as you remember to and get good at aiming throughout the entire burst.

I've replaced Long Far Gone

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 18:54 (2862 days ago) @ Ragashingo

For a long time now I've run my Striker with Long Far Gone as a secondary. It's fast charge time made it great in combination with Juggernaut Shield. When the Spring Update came through, FWC now had a new version of The Vortex. It is almost exactly the same stats as my Long Far Gone, but it has Accelerated Coils! Like Long Far Gone, you have to be accurate or you'll lose, but the charge speed is so fast that I'm more surprised that I didn't vaporize a quick Shotgunner than I am upset about being rushed by a shotgun.

If you've avoided Fusion Rifles for a long time, maybe give it a try. It's not quite Plan C fast (when the Plan C perk activates) but it's the fastest Fusion Rifle I've seen and is quite deadly at ranges a good deal beyond one hit kill shotgun range as lone as you remember to and get good at aiming throughout the entire burst.

I'll have to give it a try. Lately I've been interested in trying to physically compensate for stability of fusion rifles in order to try & get more range out of them through tighter groupings. I'm terrible, but I've started to try.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 20:01 (2862 days ago) @ dogcow

It's all about timing your aim adjustment, I find. I've moved from mostly using shotguns as secondary (because I love their close quarters offensive and defensive capabilities) to about 50/50 with Fusion Rifles. But most of my success has been at farther ranges with slower charging Fusion Rifles.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 20:30 (2862 days ago) @ Harmanimus

But most of my success has been at farther ranges with slower charging Fusion Rifles.

That's because those are objectively the best kind :-)

Objectively? Ha! You vs. Me @ High Noon.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 20:39 (2862 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I do my killing before breakfast. 7 o'clock.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:04 (2862 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:24

- No text -

Ugh. Do record, please

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:21 (2862 days ago) @ Cody Miller

"High noon" was early enough to wake up to, but 7am is just brutal.

7 a.m. in LA is 9 a.m. Raga time. 11/12 for Brazil.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:24 (2862 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by CyberKN, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:28

- No text -

Get a split shifter if you like a fast fire!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:44 (2862 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I got an amazing roll with rifles barrel and range finder. This mostly makes up for the lack of impact. I think it's the fastest fire base speed of any fusion rifle. Even without accelerated coils it' smokes plan c's speed, not comparing to the quick fire of course. I also have one with accelerated coils, But it just doesn't have the range or impact to make it worth it.

Where do I find one?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 00:53 (2862 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Crucible drop.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 02:36 (2861 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

You USE Fusion Rifles?! lol

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 22:47 (2862 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Yes. Yes I do.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 23:46 (2862 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 00:13

The actual funny here is that you don't.

1. The Vortex got me out of being surprised... twice...
2. It let me win when I was at a clear disadvantage
3. It finished off a guy at medium range when he shot first.
4. And I think The Vortex is even better than my Long Far Gone.
5. Or how about this string of kills I just got? Who the only one laughing now? ME!
6. Or the time I outshot a The Last Word while already critically wounded? (Also a decent demonstration of my Cocytus SR4 heavy Scout Rifle)

And that's very representative on how things go. Give Fusion Rifles a try. They're actually pretty good. :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 23:51 (2862 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 00:06

And that's very representative on how things go. Give Fusion Rifles a try. They're actually pretty good. :)

Looks like step one might not be necessary anymore? (change 720 to 1080 if you want full HD)

That's a mighty fine video.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 00:03 (2862 days ago) @ Cody Miller

...also, about that duel: Uh, something's come up. I'll have to reschedule. :p

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 00:10 (2862 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Looks like step one might not be necessary anymore? (change 720 to 1080 if you want full HD)

Wow. Nice shooting. Clearly, you haven't yet begun to defile yourself.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 02:25 (2862 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Looks like step one might not be necessary anymore?

Yeah, fusion rifles got a lot better with the recent buff. I don't know if they're quite back to vanilla levels, but close enough that they're usable WAY beyond shotgun range for sure.

Yes. Yes I do.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 02:28 (2862 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Cocytus is good. I've seen a few people here talking up Last Extremity, but Cocytus is the same archetype with all-around better stats, even the hidden ones like aim assist, etc.

Weirdly, I had a Last Extremity for a while (which I liked) and somehow managed to roll a Cocytus with exactly the same perks (at least, the same ones I was using), right down to the scope. Swapped it out right away once I looked up the stats.

Yes. Yes I do.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 03:04 (2861 days ago) @ stabbim

Cocytus is good. I've seen a few people here talking up Last Extremity, but Cocytus is the same archetype with all-around better stats, even the hidden ones like aim assist, etc.

Weirdly, I had a Last Extremity for a while (which I liked) and somehow managed to roll a Cocytus with exactly the same perks (at least, the same ones I was using), right down to the scope. Swapped it out right away once I looked up the stats.

I ran with the the Crucible Vendor variant of Last Extremity for a long while. My Cocytus does feel nice. Interesting to know that it has better hidden stats.

Yes. Yes I do.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 03:13 (2861 days ago) @ stabbim

Interestingly I tried this as well and kept going back to my last extremity. I picked up 2-3 before I gave it up. It felt more like lower aim assist to me than higher actually. Maybe it's different now than it was.

Still, I've replaced both by the Hand of Judgement, which very is similar in feel, but better stats than my last extremity.

Yes. Yes I do.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 11:55 (2861 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The actual funny here is that you don't.

1. The Vortex got me out of being surprised... twice...
2. It let me win when I was at a clear disadvantage
3. It finished off a guy at medium range when he shot first.
4. And I think The Vortex is even better than my Long Far Gone.
5. Or how about this string of kills I just got? Who the only one laughing now? ME!
6. Or the time I outshot a The Last Word while already critically wounded? (Also a decent demonstration of my Cocytus SR4 heavy Scout Rifle)

Honestly, Telesto is my only exception, and that's probably linked to some nostalgic Needler-philia. Now that gun can shred a Taken Zealot in seconds, but I seriously have no positive feelings for Fusion Rifles.

Except for Sleeper Simulant, of course. ;-)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread