Adorable little Mega Bloks Warlock... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, June 24, 2016, 12:32 (2863 days ago)

Available for $8.99 (Prime eligible, too!), it sure is neat, even if the weapons that it comes with aren't the... best rolls..

[image]

[image][image][image]

They got it the other way around!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 24, 2016, 12:48 (2863 days ago) @ Korny

I want Vanguard armor and faction weapons, silly Mega Bloks

Nah, but seriously, that's pretty cool.

They got it the other way around!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:19 (2863 days ago) @ ZackDark

Cute and worth the price.

I want something less cute and more realistic. Wish I could justify buying this.

Atheon!!!!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:18 (2863 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Atheon!!!!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:23 (2863 days ago) @ unoudid

They've got lots of cool stuff!

Snazzy Arcadia jumpship:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:26 (2863 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

I'm a die-hard Lego-brand loyalist, but the attention to detail on this model gave me pause.

Snazzy Arcadia jumpship:

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:32 (2863 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm a die-hard Lego-brand loyalist, but the attention to detail on this model gave me pause.

Yeah this is the only one that I'm really interested in. Model looks pretty much perfect.

nice stand, too

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:59 (2863 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Why no Titan sets?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:25 (2863 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Why no Titan sets?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:40 (2863 days ago) @ unoudid

Titans don't have the finesse to play with minifigs without breaking them.

;p

Ha!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:47 (2863 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Why no Titan sets?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 24, 2016, 15:19 (2863 days ago) @ ZackDark

No! Wei Ning! Leave my toys alone!

Titans are well adjusted adults.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:08 (2863 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by ProbablyLast, Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:48

*frantically searches Amazon for a Titan set*

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, June 24, 2016, 15:37 (2863 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Why no Titan sets?

by Harmanimus @, Friday, June 24, 2016, 18:05 (2862 days ago) @ unoudid

The only Titan is in the Cabal Interceptor set. It's really disappointing.

Adorable little Mega Bloks Warlock...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:41 (2863 days ago) @ Korny

I don't know why, and this is totally irrational, but this kind of makes me feel a bit sad.

Toys should NEVER make you sad lol

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:12 (2863 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Tell that to Toy Story 3... );

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:55 (2862 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Tell that to Toy Story 3... );

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 24, 2016, 17:01 (2862 days ago) @ ZackDark

Someone was just cutting onions nearby. I have no clue what you are talking about.

I Wasn't Sad, I Was(well, would've been) Offended. ;-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, June 27, 2016, 16:59 (2859 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Adorable little Mega Bloks Warlock...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, June 24, 2016, 17:11 (2862 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't know why, and this is totally irrational, but this kind of makes me feel a bit sad.

I always have mixed feelings about this stuff. On the one hand, I love cool little action figures and stuff like that. They're fun. But part of me does feel a little put off by "merchandising" in general. I don't really understand why I feel this way. I remember when Microsoft announced that they were bringing "Cortana" to windows, I just kind of sighed. I have no good reason to feel down about it... I guess part of me just feels like every little marketing tie-in takes a little piece away from the source. Like it is a little less special now. I don't know, maybe I'm a little bummed out that we have cool little mega-block guardians before we even have much of a story or reason to care about the guardians. But then again, maybe stuff like this plays into the appeal of what Destiny actually is. Our guardians are a pile of collectables in many ways :-/

Tangent

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 24, 2016, 17:17 (2862 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I remember when Microsoft announced that they were bringing "Cortana" to windows, I just kind of sighed.

I am beyond annoyed by this on the preview system for xbox. I now need to say "Hey Cortana" instead of just "xbox" in order to use voice commands. That is, unless I'm missing something? Now I need to say an additional 2 syllables in order to make voice commands work which is really annoying.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread