Destiny exotic Rap (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 14:39 (2857 days ago)

This reminds me, has anyone pestered Breitzen to submit his Law of Iron/Rise of the Jungle to the Bungie community creations page for MotW consideration?

Also, we really need a Theater mode, Bungie. At least a temporarily detachable camera consumable...

Destiny exotic Rap

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 14:45 (2857 days ago) @ Korny

Also, we really need a Theater mode, Bungie. At least a temporarily detachable camera consumable...

This just made me imagine a detachable-camera consumable that can only be obtained through faction rep packages or bought through Eververse, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Dear Players: stop trying to bargain.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:01 (2857 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by CyberKN, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:34

This just made me imagine a detachable-camera consumable that can only be obtained through faction rep packages or bought through Eververse, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

As time goes on, I see more and more people add caveats whenever they make suggestions about what they would like to see changed in Destiny, an example being Korny's suggestion that the camera be a consumable.

I get why you do it: you're trying to appeal to Bungie's (or any other developer's) ego. You're trying to make your suggestion seem as inoffensive or easy-to-implement as possible, in the hopes that they will be more receptive to it.

Stop it. This is a terrible negotiation tactic.

When you want something added or changed in a game, ask for it without compromise. Push for it. This gives people like Deej or Cozmo WAY more ammunition when they talk to the dev team about what needs to be changed or added to make the community happy.

Dear Players: stop trying to bargain.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:53 (2857 days ago) @ CyberKN

When you want something added or changed in a game, ask for it without compromise. Push for it. This gives people like Deej or Cozmo WAY more ammunition when they talk to the dev team about what needs to be changed or added to make the community happy.

Alright:

1. Never ever pull me out of my menu. NEVER. EVER. I'm still being pulled out. I don't care if a round starts, there's a wipe, or whatever else. NEVER EVER PULL ME FROM MY MENU! EVER! Are you thinking of a good reason to pull me out? IT'S NOT A GOOD REASON. So don't do it EVER!

2. Get rid of inventory slots completely, or else make there enough for one of every item in the game, and make each item stackable. We are ditching last gen consoles, so memory is no excuse. Managing inventory is boring and stupid.

3. Hold Square to delete shit from the postmaster.

4. Be able to delete entire stacks of things.

5. Drops should go into my inventory immediately after a crucible match, so I can delete them instantly. having them appear when you hit orbit is too slow and wastes time.

6. Get rid of all 'frictions' in the game design. Yes, this means making Destiny a different type of game. Yes, this will make the game way better.

7. Remove light from guns, ghosts, and class items.

Why the 7th one?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:21 (2857 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Fixed that for you :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:46 (2857 days ago) @ Cody Miller

7. Remove light from the entire game

Detachable cameras...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:06 (2857 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Korny, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:10

Lol. Well, in a certain other game, you can buy extremely cheap consumables with in-game currency (I think it's the equivalent of 10 for 1 Glimmer) that detach the camera from the player, called Remote Observers. It attaches to any surface (moving or stationary) that the player aims at, and then it follows the player around for 20 seconds. Players have gotten pretty creative with it (attaching it to projectiles and such).
That works within the context of a game running on a server.

Having a detachable camera would be very beneficial to machinimas in PvE sections of the game (it could be something that the Fireteam Leader could choose to allow). It could turn the player's camera into a Ghost for added usefulness. Similarly, Games such as Battleborn function differently depending on whether or not the player is alone on the server or not. Ideally Bungie could add a detachable camera to these sections that could function similar to Playstation games' Photo Mode.

I hope that one day, all games support on the God-tier Photo Mode that The Order:1886 has:

Detachable cameras...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 02:12 (2857 days ago) @ Korny

I can't believe photo mode isn't damn near universal in games, yet. Halo 3's Theater mode really blew my mind at the time, and I thought for sure more games were going to get something similar.

I was excited for Uncharted 4's photo mode, but it's garbage. If it's not a free-cam, what's the point? It's a really half-assed implementation, and it really bugs me.

Detachable cameras...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 05:30 (2857 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I can't believe photo mode isn't damn near universal in games, yet. Halo 3's Theater mode really blew my mind at the time, and I thought for sure more games were going to get something similar.

I was excited for Uncharted 4's photo mode, but it's garbage. If it's not a free-cam, what's the point? It's a really half-assed implementation, and it really bugs me.

We know from Halo 4 why there's probably not a free cam in some games: they cheat. Either with forced perspective geometry, or very carefully designed view spaces for performance.

This

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 09:09 (2856 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Given how quickly we can find ways to break maps while bound by player physics, I figure "cheating" developers are really uneasy with giving us free cams.

Detachable cameras... *imgs*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 13:26 (2856 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 13:29

Naughty Dog explained why they opted to have an "Anchor" style camera instead of Freecam (environments and detaiis could break). Sure, people like you and I would gladly forgive the peek behind the curtain (The Order:1886 has Freecam, and many areas fall apart and lose textures), but for the most part, the Anchor camera just requires a bit more patience and creativity (You can zoom out quite a ways, and increase/decrease the focal length).

You can still get great photos that don't involve Nate, and the fact that you can use Photo Mode to manipulate cutscenes? Great stuff, I say. Check my recent screenshots (Spoilers!):

[image][image][image][image][image]

[image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image]

Detachable cameras... *imgs*

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 14:21 (2856 days ago) @ Korny

Naughty Dog explained why they opted to have an "Anchor" style camera instead of Freecam (environments and detaiis could break). Sure, people like you and I would gladly forgive the peek behind the curtain (The Order:1886 has Freecam, and many areas fall apart and lose textures), but for the most part, the Anchor camera just requires a bit more patience and creativity (You can zoom out quite a ways, and increase/decrease the focal length).

Yeah, that's a fair point, and I guess I can understand the developers not wanting people to see how messy that stuff actually is. But I would absolutely love that. It's a neat insight into how gameplay environments are actually constructed.

You can still get great photos that don't involve Nate, and the fact that you can use Photo Mode to manipulate cutscenes? Great stuff, I say. Check my recent screenshots (Spoilers!):

Oh, I have enjoyed using Uncharted 4's Photo Mode, and I'm glad it's there (and I wish every game had at least an equivalent). It could just be better with free-cam, even if it was limited. Limit the movement space of the camera to basically what it is now, just let me move it freely. Maybe that's much more difficult for some reason--I can't pretend to know anything about it.

[image][image][image][image][image]

[image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image]

Those are great! Someday I'll get back to Uncharted 4 and play around with it some more.

P.S. Does Uncharted 4 have the best fire of any game ever? I think so, but I think it has the best of a lot of things of any game ever, so that's no surprise.

That was fun

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:56 (2857 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Submission Not Found

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:59 (2857 days ago) @ Korny

I actually have submitted it. But this is what I see on my Bungie.net profile page:

[image]

I know each one gets manually approved. IDK? . Maybe it doesn't qualify for some reason?

Urk? DeeJ? Cozmo? Anyone have any ideas?

Destiny exotic Rap

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:50 (2857 days ago) @ Korny

It was fine, but I was hoping it'd be more like the Pokemon Rap. :(

Not related

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:58 (2857 days ago) @ Ragashingo

o_o

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 02:47 (2857 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread