KF Raid tonight: do you have a checkpoint? (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Monday, July 11, 2016, 12:31 (2853 days ago)

- No text -

KF Raid tonight: do you have a checkpoint?

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, July 11, 2016, 13:42 (2853 days ago) @ Oholiab

I've still got a Heroic Sisters Checkpoint if anyone needs it - just drop me a message (GT: jchapman)

If you're playing with MacAddict, he has an Oryx checkpoint.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:22 (2853 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

you read my mind

by Oholiab @, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:34 (2853 days ago) @ Kermit

Sorry for not being more clear in my OP. I don't have time for a full raid, but I would love to do the Oryx challenge and get that elusive fragment!

PS4 Oryx Checkpoint

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:40 (2853 days ago) @ Oholiab

I'm assuming this is for XBOX. I have an Oryx checkpoint on PS4. Do people need it?

I do. But if we can't assemble folks, then oh well

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:58 (2853 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Made an event ->

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, July 11, 2016, 15:27 (2853 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

question

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 11, 2016, 15:35 (2853 days ago) @ Vortech

Does completing only this section count toward Y2 Moments of Triumph?

....Maybe?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 11, 2016, 15:36 (2853 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

question

by Oholiab @, Monday, July 11, 2016, 15:40 (2853 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm sure hoping it does. I've reached every other checkpoint on hard mode, but have never finished the darn thing!

I think so

by ProbablyLast, Monday, July 11, 2016, 15:56 (2853 days ago) @ Kermit

As I've never done the entire hard mode raid in one sitting and have a fully completed moments of triumph.

Unless you are saying you also haven't done Warpriest and Golgoroth. In which case, I still would assume yes but wouldn't be certain.

This is encouraging.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 11, 2016, 16:14 (2853 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Thanks for the event and checkpoint. It was good practice

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 03:59 (2852 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

The King is dead! Finally...

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 03:04 (2852 days ago) @ Oholiab

Thanks to the Xbone crew for the Oryx checkpoint run tonight. Junior and I had yet to finish him off in hard mode, let alone do the challenge. Aside from the usual fails at the beginning, we seemed to get into a good rhythm despite many of us not having played together.

To complete that raid is really satisfying, given all the mechanics involved. That said, it's also incredibly time consuming and demanding of near-perfect teamwork - so much so that it just wears me out. I'm happy to have completed the challenge, but I think that will be my last run (except that I need to find a calcified fragment in a hallway that I somehow missed in my other run throughs...)

I don't feel this way about the other raids. VoG is still fun and doesn't feel laborious. Crota did get kinda boring in my opinion, but it always made for a relaxing time. King's Fall just takes it out of me.

Anyway, my youngest Guardian has yet to run it and is asking me to make it happen. I think I'll let Junior sherpa him this time around. Look for a fireteam event in the near future!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread