Year 2 Moments of Triumph? (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:00 (2853 days ago)

So, i haven't played since Feb, and just logged into Bnet to see what i actually had to do. How hard is this going to be, considering that i am only on the first stage of the crucible and sword quests? I'm also missing 2 tier 3 court of oryx fragments, and return to the reef and challenge of elders.

Not hard, just grindy.

by Funkmon @, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:04 (2853 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'll do them with you if you want, as soon as I get out of a busy patch. How about an event for Friday night?

Not hard, just grindy.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, July 11, 2016, 15:13 (2853 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'll do them with you if you want, as soon as I get out of a busy patch. How about an event for Friday night?

depends on if i can get my box updated by then. remember, i'm in the country and have to take my xbox to my brother in law's in town to update it.

I've been playing the Division, but i'm starting to burn out on it. The main story is great and very intriguing, but the end game and glitches are horrible. Not to mention that they up the gear score (light level) every 60 days, so all of your gear is obsolete and has to be re-grinded (reground?). there's no infusion mechanic to bring your stuff up, so there's really no point to it anymore. I really didn't like leaving stuff behind after year 1 of Destiny, but with the division its every single update (they are on 1.3 now).

Sword/Crucible quests are a grind

by ProbablyLast, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:15 (2853 days ago) @ Schedonnardus
edited by ProbablyLast, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:18

Not overly difficult, but very time consuming.

Return to the Reef/Challenge of the Elders are extremely short, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. Court bosses are easy, you just have to do them during the week that they are boss.

Like most things in this game, nothing is particularly difficult, just grindy.

Also, why are Funk's posts marked as spam? lulz

*shrug*

by Funkmon @, Monday, July 11, 2016, 14:53 (2853 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

At the rate of these spam flags…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, July 11, 2016, 15:27 (2853 days ago) @ Funkmon

…I'm convinced he's a spam kingpin.

best way to get antiquated runes?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 11, 2016, 16:10 (2853 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Raid drops

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, July 11, 2016, 16:11 (2853 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Farming Court.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 11, 2016, 16:41 (2853 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

I second this. Farm da court.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 06:04 (2852 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Hmmm

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 14:26 (2852 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I'm planning some Raid runs to get the challenge fragments, so if I get at least 2 out of that experience, I can just run Tier 3 the weeks I need...

Pop 3 of Coins when fighting the Taken Zelots

by Durandal, Monday, July 11, 2016, 17:31 (2853 days ago) @ kidtsunami

just kidding, but only slightly....

Buy Chappy's account.

by Funkmon @, Monday, July 11, 2016, 19:24 (2853 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Not for sale :)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, July 11, 2016, 20:10 (2853 days ago) @ Funkmon

I've only got 45 charged antiquated runes anyway:
[image]

Is there a cap?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, July 11, 2016, 20:25 (2853 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Which therapist do you see?

by ProbablyLast, Monday, July 11, 2016, 21:22 (2853 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Speaking Of That...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 18, 2016, 14:31 (2846 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I was doing some research on The Mountaintop quest--and I was horrified to find that every single step in that multi-layered quest was either completed or queued on any of my three characters. So my question is this: I found a hypothetical order of the quests online--do I finish them in order or do they appear randomly? If not, I've got a character that SHOULD be on the penultimate step.

Some repressed memories coming back...

Speaking Of That...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, July 18, 2016, 14:37 (2846 days ago) @ Morpheus

I was doing some research on The Mountaintop quest--and I was horrified to find that every single step in that multi-layered quest was either completed or queued on any of my three characters. So my question is this: I found a hypothetical order of the quests online--do I finish them in order or do they appear randomly? If not, I've got a character that SHOULD be on the penultimate step.

Some repressed memories coming back...

I just did this whole thing last week. After finishing "Conquer the day", I recall being given "Factions", "Trials Practice", "Break the Ceiling", and "Weapon Master" all at once, and after finishing most of those "The mountain top" opens up.

Also, some of the quest descriptions online are outdated- Bungie must have patched these quests at some point to make them much easier: They almost never require wins, you just progress faster.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread