Bungie Shows Me Some Mercy (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 11, 2016, 16:38 (2853 days ago)

During this week of Mayhem Clash, I decided it would be as good a time as any to work on my super ability quests, as I needed progress in all three. I tried doing Sunsinger first(Bungie, nice job making us use a defensive subclass as an outlet for multi-kills.) and it was absolutely infuriating--running around bright as a new-years' ball, trying to get more than one kill in nine seconds, with everyone else holding a hammer or a gun. It took three and a half games to get one Double Kill. I friggin' gave up, and switched to the Stormcaller quest, because I knew I would have much better luck Plapatinine'n all over the place.

Which is why I was pleasantly surprised to receive a backpat of respite from Bungie the next game.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Morpheus414/video/19500633

(By the way, look at what happens when I respawn!)

I shouldn't have to tell you the Stormcaller quest finished rather quickly. ;-)

I also got some 334 infusion material from one of those games, so I ended up having a much better day. Plus, I helped Skwatchee and Skul fill up their sword multiplayer quests, because screw those. XD

Good multiplayer week!

Bungie Shows Me Some Mercy

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, July 11, 2016, 16:52 (2853 days ago) @ Morpheus

Use the suppression grenades in Mahem if you are running a defender so you can shut down other people's supers. Also run a bubble with weapons of light and oneshot people with snipers (body shots are a kill for high impact snipers).

About the Sunsinger quest

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, July 11, 2016, 17:09 (2853 days ago) @ Morpheus

It doesn't specifically word you have to get multi-kills during the Super. Do you have to?

Also, Starfire Protocol and Touch of Flame, with Song of Flame and the "longer Radiance" perk should net you zillions of lethal grenades within a single Radiance. Mayhem ftw. (Protip: forget Firebolt. The nerf pretty much killed it. Lock-on takes forever to happen.)

Ridiculously, Yes.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 11, 2016, 18:56 (2853 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Another approach

by Earendil, Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 03:22 (2852 days ago) @ ZackDark

I believe I did this using Heart of Praxic Fire, Fusion Grenade, Extra Grenade perk, and Radiant skin to stay alive a little longer. Go crazy spamming grenades that kill in one go, no bullets required.

Alternatively play control and use the resurrection after dying on a flag. Your melee gets one kill, grenade gets a second, and go nuts on the confused third guy if there is one around.

For the second one, use the blinding robes

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 12:20 (2852 days ago) @ Earendil

- No text -

Oddly enough, I finished all mine in various IBs

by Durandal, Monday, July 11, 2016, 17:33 (2853 days ago) @ Morpheus

I didn't even do anything special other then keep to a particular sub-class until I finished.

Sunsinger is a defensive class?

by ProbablyLast, Monday, July 11, 2016, 19:13 (2853 days ago) @ Morpheus

One of us is doing it wrong.

It's well known that defensive classes have the highest DPS.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 00:07 (2852 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Other things defensive classes get: melee incentives that blow up enemies, two grenades, and a way to be aggressive and not die through reviving yourself.

Sunbreaker is my favorite defensive subclass.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 01:45 (2852 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Yeah, And Radiance Really Clears Out A Whole Team.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 18, 2016, 18:20 (2846 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread