Destiny Tricks (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 14:49 (2851 days ago)

So recently Beorn got shoulder charged by someone who was both lagging and sliding. And he asked me if that was glitching out or if that was possible. And I was sure that I had tried it and told him there was no way. Then I had to make sure and so I tried it in PvE.

And it totally works. Apparently sliding doesn't cancel your sprint until your slide is done... Which means you can shoulder charge anytime before your slide is done and your sprint time hasn't ended.

Are there any other funky tricks like this I don't know about with others?

Yep

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 15:45 (2851 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Slide, then shoulder charge will sometimes let you get close to a shotgunner before they can take you out because they are aiming too high. Unless they hit you from scout rifle range of course.

Yep

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 15:51 (2851 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Slide, then shoulder charge will sometimes let you get close to a shotgunner before they can take you out because they are aiming too high. Unless they hit you from scout rifle range of course.

Or all those snipers that still manage to snipe me mid shoulder charge...

Sweep the leg!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 15:46 (2851 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

So. Broken.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 16:19 (2851 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Destiny Tricks

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 16:42 (2851 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

There's lots, I'd say.

You can emote to pull the camera into 3rd person view so you can see around corners.

They got rid of reload cancelling, but, after your weapon reloads enough to show the ammo in the magazine, you can switch weapons safely and start shooting with the other weapon.

Reloading cancels sprint, but if you start the reload in the air, you won't be slowed down until you land.

TItans and warlocks can ADS to cancel their jump (unless they have the perk or armor that lets them stay airborne).

A nightstalker can infinitely chain sprint, slide, shadestep because they give just enough time between them that the lockout timers won't kick in.

You can shoot lightning grenade, spike grenade, and trip mine grenades to destroy them prematurely (trip mines explode when shot, the others just disappear).

Titans can move very quickly by "titan skating" - using the control jump type, they can spam jump on and off while moving laterally to gain lots of bonus momentum.

The "hot swap" perk lasts for 5 seconds regardless of which gun you have up, so if you want a little boost to range and handling you can swap to a hot swap weapon and then swap back to get that boost on your original gun for a few seconds.

Loads others, I'm sure.

You can also shoot the void hunter ball that slows you.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 19:56 (2851 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Just prioritize properly as it takes a few shots

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 20:23 (2851 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

You can also shoot the void hunter ball that slows you.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 22:02 (2851 days ago) @ Funkmon

For the multi kills with shadowshot quest: you don't have to kill with the arrow. As long as they are tethered it counts regardless of what you actually kill them with. I found tethering two people at once with black hole and killing them was easier than two arrow shots with quiver.

Blink Strike

by Durandal, Thursday, July 14, 2016, 09:43 (2850 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

A properly timed blink strike will move you past someone who is shoulder charging, so that neither of you will do any damage.

Fusion rifles will charge during a slide.

Better Control Jumps on a titan will retain any acceleration from TG.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread