Elimination was....mixed. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 22:08 (2851 days ago)

Why?

Mainly because I got quit on in half my games. And, oh yeah, Bungie's tool for reporting players for quitting is completely useless because you can't report someone after they are gone. (Yes, I reported them to Xbox live, but they deserve a Destiny matchmaking ban!)

On the other hand I played Lost far and away the majority of my games but easily had a positive K/D, I supported my teams pretty darn well with flanking and watching their backs for flanks (I spoiled at least three of those), and reviving. I also shutdown numerous snipers with my Cocytus SR4. Seriously, I think I was only sniper killed one or maybe twice and probably took down 10 snipers.

Elimination was....mixed.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 22:18 (2851 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Playing elimination solo is HARD. If you're coming out with a positive K/D you should feel really good about yourself.

Elimination solo sounds odd

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 22:22 (2851 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 22:37 (2851 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Yeah. Came away with a total of 1.67 over 5 games. 2 wins (really one as my last game was vs a guy who had two people quit) vs 3 defeats... One game I had 10 kills... Seems a little excessive for getting a loss in the end. :(

by Kahzgul, Thursday, July 14, 2016, 01:42 (2850 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah. Came away with a total of 1.67 over 5 games. 2 wins (really one as my last game was vs a guy who had two people quit) vs 3 defeats... One game I had 10 kills... Seems a little excessive for getting a loss in the end. :(

That's pretty good. The next step is to work as a team better. Getting a kill in trials isn't worth much if you can't defend the orb to prevent revives. Also gotta be good at getting your friends up. 1v1 is not nearly as good as 2v1.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 23:39 (2850 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Playing elimination solo is HARD. If you're coming out with a positive K/D you should feel really good about yourself.

Strangely, K/D in elimination is not as important as when and where you die. Plenty of Trials matches have been won with nobody going positive on the winning team.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, July 14, 2016, 01:41 (2850 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Very true. I faced a team in trials once that had 0.6, 0.8, and 0.9 K/Ds, but had each been to the lighthouse more than 80 times. Their revive game was incredible. they absolutely sucked balls at gunplay, but were always in a good position to revive.

Exactly

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 15, 2016, 18:37 (2849 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Very true. I faced a team in trials once that had 0.6, 0.8, and 0.9 K/Ds, but had each been to the lighthouse more than 80 times. Their revive game was incredible. they absolutely sucked balls at gunplay, but were always in a good position to revive.

I can't find it, but just check out my Trial's stats in RedRobber's spreadsheet and you'll see K/D != Winning

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread