Can anyone explain this? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, July 17, 2016, 20:51 (2836 days ago)

Just saw this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/destinyfunpopo/status/754728903097323520

I find this clip to be

a) Hilarious,

and

b) confusing.

How is he surviving the rockets while taking absolutely no damage? I'm assuming he has Armor of Light on, but that doesn't make you totally invincible. He also doesn't appear to be sword-blocking.

Any ideas?

Can anyone explain this?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, July 17, 2016, 21:06 (2836 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

How is he surviving the rockets while taking absolutely no damage? I'm assuming he has Armor of Light on, but that doesn't make you totally invincible. He also doesn't appear to be sword-blocking.

He is taking damage, it takes his armor of light shield down to about 10% both times he gets hit, then he steps out and steps back in to reset the shield. The damage resistance in AoL is HUGE. Something like 185% of your health.

Can anyone explain this?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 17, 2016, 21:31 (2836 days ago) @ Xenos

Yep. I think maybe even a melee + rocket would have killed him and certainly the tiniest bit of coordination, like going in together or waiting the bubble out, would have easily done him in. Basically, the enemy team was pretty darn dumb, lost fair and square, and deserved it 110%.

Can anyone explain this?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, July 17, 2016, 21:41 (2836 days ago) @ Ragashingo

They couldn't wait the bubble though since he would have captured the point to end the match.

Well, sure, but at least coordinate

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 17, 2016, 21:58 (2836 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Get two at the same time or something.

It's like not coordinating respawns when being spawn-camped. You have zero chance of turning it over if you don't coordinate and about 10% chance if you do. I'll take the 10% any day.

Rockets?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, July 21, 2016, 07:45 (2833 days ago) @ ZackDark

Get two at the same time or something.

It's like not coordinating respawns when being spawn-camped. You have zero chance of turning it over if you don't coordinate and about 10% chance if you do. I'll take the 10% any day.

Wouldn't have choosing almost any weapon besides rockets also have helped? Those guys not only didn't kill the target, they appear to have killed themselves, as well. If they'd gone in with fusions or shotguns they would have at least made the guy work for the kills.

Rockets?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 21, 2016, 09:54 (2833 days ago) @ narcogen
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, July 21, 2016, 10:19

Problem was, he had a sword and Armor of Light would certainly absorb just about anything short of a rocket... But yeah, killing themselves when help was a few seconds away was pretty dumb...

Light level difference?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, July 17, 2016, 21:46 (2836 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread