Possible New VoG Secrets? (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 16:50 (2799 days ago)

According to the post, ProfesserBroman got a message from Luke Smith during the Charity Stream stating something along the lines of: If the community reached $420,000 on the Charity Stream, there might be a secret VoG Chest reveal.

The goal was met! (According to reddit that Pete Parsons donated $2,000 to set the number above the goal!!!)

Man I really hope this is true but have my doubts based on lack of supporting links/info. But the Servers did go down......

Here is the reddit post.

What do you guys think? Think we have drained the Vault of all its secrets?

Possible New VoG Secrets?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 25, 2016, 16:51 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

"Left isn't actually Mars" would blow so many minds

Its Funny you say that..

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 16:57 (2799 days ago) @ ZackDark

Now that I really think about it, the least explored sections of the vault (for me) are the planets during the teleportation part of Atheon.

hmm...

Its Funny you say that..

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 16:58 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Now that I really think about it, the least explored sections of the vault (for me) are the planets during the teleportation part of Atheon.

hmm...

FYI, they're not planets, it's the exact same room at different points in time.

^this

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:03 (2799 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Also, it's hard to explore when you go blind and die.

^this

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:06 (2799 days ago) @ CyberKN

Which would make it a perfect place to hide a chest lol.

The plot Thickens!

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:05 (2799 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I never knew that. I haven't done VoG since NTTE quest, and I was still calling Mars/Venus. Is there a link to support this? I am NOT calling you out. I legitimately want to read up on this. I am only finding peoples thoughts but nothing concrete.

Dunno if we have hard evidence, but it's heavily implied

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:15 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

The entire Raid revolves around time and causality. Not only that, but if you die in the teleports, you are "lost in time". One minor discussion we usually have here is which is past and which is future, given the Vex design and the prefix used. IIRC, there was a mix-up between the Grimoire and the actual game in that regard.

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:17 (2799 days ago) @ ZackDark

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but could it still not be venus and Mars in the past/future? Or is there something to discredit this theory?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:20 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but could it still not be venus and Mars in the past/future? Or is there something to discredit this theory?

Pretty much the geometry. They are almost(?) exactly the same geometry, which in turn is (identical to?) a part of the present's geometry.

This

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 19:40 (2799 days ago) @ ZackDark

"Mars" and "Venus" are just the Atheon room with a different skin. As is the alternate "Venus" you go to as part of the NTTE quest, which you can explore much more fully.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:32 (2799 days ago) @ ZackDark

The entire Raid revolves around time and causality. Not only that, but if you die in the teleports, you are "lost in time". One minor discussion we usually have here is which is past and which is future, given the Vex design and the prefix used. IIRC, there was a mix-up between the Grimoire and the actual game in that regard.

I'm pretty sure that's on purpose. With the Vex the whole point is you never know when they're from.

Pumice Threads

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:18 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

The plot Thickens!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:34 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I never knew that. I haven't done VoG since NTTE quest, and I was still calling Mars/Venus. Is there a link to support this? I am NOT calling you out. I legitimately want to read up on this. I am only finding peoples thoughts but nothing concrete.

A better question would be is there any evidence at all that you go to Mars? Not one iota.

There's more than enough evidence of time travel in the game. It's called TIME's Conflux. You're lost in TIME. Atheon opens up a TIMEstream. A Vex TIMEgate opens. Precursors exist in the past, Descendents exist in the future. The geometry remains the same in the vault whether you go through a portal or not. You never leave the Vault, but you go to different times. It's all in-game.

The plot Thickens!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:39 (2799 days ago) @ Kermit

You nailed it.

The fact that this is even a debate is kind of mind-blowing to me.

Is it a debate?

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:41 (2799 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

The plot Thickens!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:55 (2799 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You nailed it.

The fact that this is even a debate is kind of mind-blowing to me.

To be fair, they did reuse the textures and lighting from Mars, so it's not such a leap of logic to assume it is Mars. Also, the game does undersell the whole time-travel a lot, especially considering VoG is often played several days (if not weeks or months) after the player heard (with attention) the Ghost even mention anything about the Vex.

Yep.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 19:31 (2799 days ago) @ Kermit

But, I'll still call out Mars/Venus during the raid because why not.

Yep.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 19:42 (2799 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

But, I'll still call out Mars/Venus during the raid because why not.

[image]

Me too!

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 19:56 (2799 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Heh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:04 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Peace on earth was all it said

by electricpirate @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:11 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Would not be surprised. Would be slightly disappointed.

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:13 (2799 days ago) @ electricpirate

- No text -

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:15 (2799 days ago) @ electricpirate

- No text -

Love Each Other.™

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 17:16 (2799 days ago) @ electricpirate

- No text -

False Alarm

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 18:05 (2799 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Yea I just saw

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 18:15 (2799 days ago) @ CyberKN

Like I said in the original post I had my doubts. But if anything came of it, I learned that you dont go to Mars when fighting Atheon. So something good came out of it. Also the massive amount of money that was donated to St. Judes!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread