So, who's going to disturb the remains tonight? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 25, 2016, 20:06 (2798 days ago)

As many of you have likely seen, today marks the 2 years anniversary of the death of the loot cave. I think I may just load up into destiny and go disturb the remains for old times sake.

How is that possible?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 20:09 (2798 days ago) @ dogcow

As many of you have likely seen, today marks the 2 years anniversary of the death of the loot cave. I think I may just load up into destiny and go disturb the remains for old times sake.

The game launched on September 9, 2014 - it wasn't even OUT yet! The loot cave didn't die in the Beta... it died in the real game, didn't it?

You're a month early.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 20:16 (2798 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Calendars are hard.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, August 26, 2016, 12:23 (2797 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

This is what you get for using them backwards

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 26, 2016, 13:40 (2797 days ago) @ dogcow

Silly Americans ;p

I blame Java. ;-)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, August 26, 2016, 20:35 (2797 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by dogcow, Friday, August 26, 2016, 20:50

The legacy java.util.Date has wonky month values, January = 0 (why James Gosling, Arthur van Hoff and Alan Liu did that I don't understand).

(this is a nice excuse, but really, I just forgot what month it was, I thought it was September for some silly reason).

Edit: Yes, we Americans have it all jumbled up, and you brits have it backwards. ;-) yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss works best IMHO, makes sorting easier.

I blame Java. ;-)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 27, 2016, 12:33 (2796 days ago) @ dogcow

The legacy java.util.Date has wonky month values, January = 0 (why James Gosling, Arthur van Hoff and Alan Liu did that I don't understand).

I blame C. Who the hell starts a list at index 0, you silly assembly wizards?

I blame Java. ;-)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, August 27, 2016, 12:43 (2796 days ago) @ ZackDark

I blame C. Who the hell starts a list at index 0, you silly assembly wizards?

Almost everyone, not just C. It's because it makes it easier to calculate the range of an array. If you start at 1 you have to subtract 1 every time you want to find the range of an array, but if you start at 0 you don't. Considering 99.999% of people will never see an array anyway it makes sense to make it easier to program form, not to mention when the precursor of C (BCPL I think?) was written I'm positive that one less operation probably made a very significant difference in efficiency.

Edit:
Also here's a good answer on why they even use 0-11 instead of 1-12 for months: http://stackoverflow.com/a/18002968

That stackoverflow post was pretty satisfying, actually

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 27, 2016, 17:25 (2796 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

+1 for yyyy-mm-dd

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, August 27, 2016, 13:20 (2796 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Talk Like A Pirate day is 9-19, the day before Rise Of Iron

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 21:19 (2798 days ago) @ dogcow

Do you think that the code (for 3 Strange Coin) from last year will be available again on 09-19 this year (ARR-RRR-RRR)?

Or with Rise Of Iron releasing the next day (publicity, promotion, PR) do you think that there will be a new code or item?

That Is Interesting, Though.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 21:23 (2798 days ago) @ dogcow

People going into Heroic Strikes and farming Omnigul for what might be the most overpowered Pulse Rifle ever--that's no problem.

Standing outside a cave in Patrol to get Greens and Blues? "Oh, no! We can't abide that!"

lol

It's September 25.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 21:26 (2798 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by bluerunner, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 21:33

The good ole days.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 21:27 (2798 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread