Deus Ex : Mankind Divided = WOW! WOW! WOW! :D (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 02:12 (2789 days ago)

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Where do I start. I...like... literately have to gush about this game. OMG. I actually... physically have to gush about this game. HAHA! No that's not what I mean you perv. ಠ_ಠ

...and yet...

So. What is this game?

This game Mission Impossible.

This game is Jason Bourne.

This game is Godfather.

This game is Batman.

This game is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Both Complex and Standalone Episodes.

This game is all that in one package and more.

This game... is worth more words...but I can't words right now. SO this is that for now.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided = WOW! WOW! WOW! :D

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 02:16 (2789 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Where do I start. I...like... literately have to gush about this game. OMG. I actually... physically have to gush about this game. HAHA! No that's not what I mean you perv. ಠ_ಠ
This game... is worth more words...but I can't words right now. SO this is that for now.

I am sure it's very very good. Too bad I can't play it on principle.

Cody you lost your principle when you "came back".

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 02:19 (2789 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I'm just a man

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 02:33 (2789 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 02:38

And all men are imperfect.

But for those who have played it:

One of the things I did not like about Human Revolution as compared to the original, was that Human Revolution hinted and pushed you towards secrets an insane amount. The game was actively trying to nudge you and constantly giving you (as opposed to in the original you finding) hints. Deus Ex was perfectly fine with you missing tons of stuff, but Human revolution would feel bad and try to make sure you didn't.

Is this aspect any different in Mankind Divided?

Spite thy face then? Why else would you preach?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 02:50 (2789 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Rhetorical Question.

Actual Answer.

But for those who have played it:

One of the things I did not like about Human Revolution as compared to the original, was that Human Revolution hinted and pushed you towards secrets an insane amount. The game was actively trying to nudge you and constantly giving you (as opposed to in the original you finding) hints. Deus Ex was perfectly fine with you missing tons of stuff, but Human revolution would feel bad and try to make sure you didn't.

Is this aspect any different in Mankind Divided?

Short answer is Yes.

Long answer is in progress. Likely tomorrow.

I'm just a man

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 03:01 (2789 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So be imperfect in this case as well? ;p

Re: Pushing towards secrets

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 05:09 (2789 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't pretend to fully understand exactly what you mean by this, but I just started a second play through, and have so far discovered three new sidequests that I had no idea existed the first time around, before even leaving the starting area.

So there's that.

Re: Pushing towards secrets

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 12:28 (2789 days ago) @ CyberKN

I can't pretend to fully understand exactly what you mean by this, but I just started a second play through, and have so far discovered three new sidequests that I had no idea existed the first time around, before even leaving the starting area.

So there's that.

I guess the way to explain it was that Human revolution seemed geared towards having secrets in a conpletionist sense, whereas Deus Ex had them purely to be secrets and make the world feel larger and like there was more going on.

Huh?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 13:28 (2789 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I guess the way to explain it was that Human revolution seemed geared towards having secrets in a conpletionist sense, whereas Deus Ex had them purely to be secrets and make the world feel larger and like there was more going on.

I, for one, already have the completionist mindset, so I tend to scour every square meter of a map before moving on. Would you say someone like me would be incapable of answering your question or is there some way to rephrase the question and take us into account?

Huh?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 14:07 (2789 days ago) @ ZackDark

I, for one, already have the completionist mindset, so I tend to scour every square meter of a map before moving on. Would you say someone like me would be incapable of answering your question or is there some way to rephrase the question and take us into account?

Some of the secrets in Deus Ex were mutually exclusive, such that you literally could not get them all on any given playthrough, because many were story related and pushed the narrative in different directions when discovered. Human Revolution was not like that at all.

Huh?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 14:21 (2789 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Some of the secrets in Deus Ex were mutually exclusive, such that you literally could not get them all on any given playthrough, because many were story related and pushed the narrative in different directions when discovered. Human Revolution was not like that at all.

It's difficult to answer this without getting spoiler-y. Suffice it to say that you'll probably enjoy this more if you go in with HR-level expectations. I'm 90% sure you need to play through at least twice to see everything. Few games have the balls to cut out (by design) playable content based on player choices; This one does.

Huh?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:54 (2789 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's difficult to answer this without getting spoiler-y. Suffice it to say that you'll probably enjoy this more if you go in with HR-level expectations.

I mean, I never expect anything to live up to the original given game design principles today, so my expectations were HR level. I was hoping that it was closer to the original than to HR though. HR was good, but not outstanding.

No he didn't

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 07:34 (2789 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided | My thoughts and stuff.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:30 (2789 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So. What is this game?

This game [is] Mission Impossible.

This game is Jason Bourne.

This game is Godfather.

This game is Batman.

This game is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Both Complex and Standalone Episodes.

This game is all that in one package and more.

STOP RIGHT THERE! DISCLAIMER!! TOTAL SPOILER FREE VERS.

Dues Ex : Mankind Divided is VERY VERY SUSCEPTIBLE to spoilers. The very nature of this game is in choice and the chances your choices give you, and with just one errant word in a description may weigh in your head as you play. I've tried to create this section so that I could describe without being weight. That said, within this restriction, I've found that there is really only one thing more I can say and what I have to say is rather cliché. After that, I shall basically be repeating myself.

If you give time to this game, it will give it back. I can say no more. Even with this there are particulars I want to mention, but...ugg. Nope. (Think fast and trust your gut. AAaahha! You didn't read this! D:)

Honestly if the elements I pointed out in my original glee quoted above doesn't convince you, then don't play it. If any of those things I mention don't interest you (presuming you know what they are and have seen said elements,) then this might not be the game for you. If you want to come into this game and simply shoot things in the face, you can do that, but there are other games for that too. There are better games for your time. Yet if you know what each thing I mention in my quote above brought to the table, you enjoy those aspects, and you are willing to put time into this game; then I can say without question you will have fun. As risky as such a declarative is, well, there it is.

Oh! ... and one more thing. This being a sequel to a prequel to an overall arc that this Dues Ex, it would be best if you have played Deus Ex : Human Revolution including (it seems) the DLC of said game. Deus Ex : Human Revolution is backwards compatible with Xbox One, but I don't know about PS4. WITH THAT SAID - if you have not played Deus Ex : Human Revolution (or even if it has been a while and you need a quick refresher) you have the option at the very beginning of the game to get a quick story synopsis of Deus Ex : Human Revolution to get you up to speed in why the way the world is in Deus Ex : Mankind Divided. You lose some deeper aspects through, but such is the cost for speed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP RIGHT THERE! DISCLAIMER!! VAGUE SPOILER VERS.

This game will put you on the spot. The things you find may grace you wisdom, opportunity, or a moment. That goes for choices too actually, and I'm not talking about a script. You can hear things in a voice. You can see things in a Kindle like book or Email. Understand a world as it sees itself, and the multiple voices that call out different names. After all, once a cop, always a cop. FYI for those passive players out there; If you find something called a "Kill Switch" - it means literately. LIKE LITERATELY. Yes actual Literately.

On that note, for those of you playing a passive no kill playthrough - a warning. As you are moving the unconscious bodies around be careful of getting snagged and make sure you check them before you leave. There were a few times where a violent motion ended up killing the NPC, changing the (ZZZZ) to (Red Skull). Also the Serif secondary will fill out through out the game so don't worry about it getting canceled. As long as you do the parts as they are available, you'll be fine. So keep that in mind.

So...cutting to the quick, the biggest triumph that Deus Ex : Mankind Divided has is that for a person who has a love for story in the games played, that Deus Ex : Mankind Divided has within it multiple stories as well as an over arching story. Each one of these stories secondary stories has its own unique way about them, but all set within the same universe. On a personal note, I think my reaction is in part because of how starved I have been for a story. I haven't played a game with such a rich wealth of story in quite some time, and for me, this game was sheer gluttony in each course of the meal.

I ended the game more or less with 207,885 Total XP. I have $23,636 Credits at my disposal, through that amount doesn't include the $25,000 Credits I have in... err... "sellable elements". The limit on crafting parts is 999 which I was able to have happen at least 3 times. I was able to max out 15+ Augmentations and finished the game without killing anyone. ANYONE. Well technically anyone. There was that one time with that kill switch. Good thing I saved. I REGRET NOTHING!

I look forward to seeing how the game holds up on a second play through with New Game +. I intend to be exactly what the world of Dues Ex: Mankind Divided expects an Aug to be. So that might be fun.

In fact... I'm going to post this and do it now. :D

Laterz Ya'll. ;)

What about canon from HR?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 23:04 (2789 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I assume your choices don't carry over, but how does MD deals with the ultimate choice in the very end of HR?

Human Revolution available for PS3, not PS4

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 23:17 (2789 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

And it's not backward compatible. I recommend the director's cut.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread