Goodbye Year Two (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 03:01 (2824 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 03:05

I can't wait to see how these Guardians look at the end of year two! :)
[image] [image][image]

[image] [image] [image]

I can't wait to see how these Guardians look at the end of year three! :)

Warlock helmets sucked a lot more this past year

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 04:47 (2824 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

I like my Samsara I helmet

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 18:49 (2824 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Please give us films, Bungie.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 18:03 (2824 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The way you used to. I get frustrated with Destiny in this area. With all the emphasis they put on players being able to choose how they look, they give us limited options for seeing ourselves.

At least let us detach the camera in the tower and turn off depth of field.

Seconded

by Avateur @, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 23:41 (2824 days ago) @ Kermit

Though a full recording platform seems unlikely due to the whole Xbox One DVR feature, but who knows. I really miss the awesome abilities Bungie gave us in Halo 3 and Reach with creating and sharing practically everything ever.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 02, 2016, 00:45 (2824 days ago) @ Kermit

In that latest Game Informer video there was something mentioned about a purchasable camera item that would be available from Eververse in Rise of Iron. Something about it changing your view or the way things looked.

by Avateur @, Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:30 (2824 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Because why not put a cool feature behind a paywall? Unless the thing is just a gimicky feature that really doesn't do what Kermit, myself, or even you are actually hoping for, anyway.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:33 (2824 days ago) @ Avateur

Maybe that's how they managed to sneak in Silver dust? Still annoying as hell, though.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:36 (2824 days ago) @ ZackDark

Maybe that's how they managed to sneak in Silver dust? Still annoying as hell, though.

Wait, what's that? Is it another purchasable currency?

Not exactly

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:39 (2824 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You get it for dismantling items received from Radiant Treasure, which can be earned in-game.

But you can also just but radiant treasures. So yes and no.

Not exactly

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:49 (2824 days ago) @ someotherguy

You get it for dismantling items received from Radiant Treasure, which can be earned in-game.

What is it's purpose?

Not exactly

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 02, 2016, 02:08 (2824 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What is it's purpose?

So that you don't have to spend money to get what you want. Basically if I understand it correctly you can break down ornaments you don't want to buy ornaments you do want, and I believe they even mentioned the filters they are talking about being purchasable with silver dust.

Not exactly

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 02, 2016, 02:57 (2823 days ago) @ Xenos

Right. At the very least we'll be able to get free Silver Dust via Radiant Treasures from the level 41 Prison of Elders per the help section of today's THAB. And, as mentioned by sharding (dusting?) things like ornaments and maybe chroma.

PoE is Sterling, not Radiant.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 02, 2016, 06:56 (2823 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I imagine there'll be more ways to earn Radiant, akin to Sterling now.

Wait a second... Isn't Radiant PS Exclusive?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 02, 2016, 11:06 (2823 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

#slipperyslope

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:39 (2824 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

More like: #illinformed or #jumpingtoconclusions

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 02, 2016, 02:50 (2823 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

More like: #yeahthatmustbeit

by Avateur @, Friday, September 02, 2016, 04:08 (2823 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Avateur, Friday, September 02, 2016, 04:11

Just two choices? You disappoint me. Talk about an ill informed opinion. Way to jump to conclusions.

[image]

#subjectlinewillonlyfitsomanyc

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 02, 2016, 10:58 (2823 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Try well informed, hopeful but cynical.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 02, 2016, 06:54 (2823 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by someotherguy, Friday, September 02, 2016, 06:59

Next you'll be telling me that slippery slope doesn't exist because it's the name of a fallacy.

Silver Dust may be a step back in the right directoon, but the cynic in me says it's just a way to get non-microtransaction people into the economy, the same way Overwatch does with it's loot boxes. Spending real money on something is much easier when you're already halfway there in terms of currency.

Plus, you know. "The first taste is free".

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 02, 2016, 11:03 (2823 days ago) @ someotherguy

Next you'll be telling me that slippery slope doesn't exist because it's the name of a fallacy.

Nah. I could care less if it's technically a fallacy. We all know what the concept is.

Silver Dust may be a step back in the right directoon, but the cynic in me says it's just a way to get non-microtransaction people into the economy, the same way Overwatch does with it's loot boxes. Spending real money on something is much easier when you're already halfway there in terms of currency.

Plus, you know. "The first taste is free".

The first taste already happened when Bungie gave us all some Silver at Eververse's debut.

I'm sitting around with something like 1900 silver

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 02, 2016, 11:24 (2823 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Because I was willing to buy the SRL Book to thank them for that event...

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 02, 2016, 11:41 (2823 days ago) @ Ragashingo

New range of products, new currency and economy, new taster.

Again, hopefully the amount gained from RT will be enough to allow non-micro players to get some nice cosmetics. But if you have 650/700 Dust, just one small purchase might be awful tempting.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 02, 2016, 11:57 (2823 days ago) @ someotherguy

New range of products, new currency and economy, new taster.

Again, hopefully the amount gained from RT will be enough to allow non-micro players to get some nice cosmetics. But if you have 650/700 Dust, just one small purchase might be awful tempting.

Half the fun of this stuff is seeing what companies come up with to gain our money.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, September 02, 2016, 22:20 (2823 days ago) @ someotherguy

I've always felt that "slippery slope fallacy" is a silly term. Why do we have special language to refer to any weak argument that takes a certain form? Why not just call them "weak?"

However, as it's not uncommon for people to reject arguments purely on the basis of them taking a slippery slope form, "slippery slope fallacy fallacy" should totally become a phrase.

And when people start accusing others of "slippery slope fallacy fallacy" only on the basis that they were arguing against a slippery slope argument, we can introduce the "slippery slope fallacy fallacy fallacy."

Sounds good to me. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 02, 2016, 22:35 (2823 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

The fallacy fallacy or Cohen's Law; ad infinitum

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, September 02, 2016, 23:18 (2823 days ago) @ uberfoop
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, September 02, 2016, 23:21

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 02, 2016, 03:55 (2823 days ago) @ Avateur

Unless the thing is just a gimicky feature that really doesn't do what Kermit, myself, or even you are actually hoping for, anyway.

I'm certain it is. It sounds more like something in the vein of filters, or big head mode.

Hmmm... big head mode might be the first thing that would actually get me to pay for a microtransaction, come to think of it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread