Overwatch Free Weekend (Sept 9-12, PS4). DBO night? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 16:09 (2816 days ago)

Free Weekend!

Might make for a great streaming session, especially if we get enough folks for a 6v6 custom match...

Put me down for a maybe.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 16:21 (2816 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Xbox One as well

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 16:21 (2816 days ago) @ Korny

BF 1 Beta ends on Sept 8th, Coincidence?

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 16:35 (2816 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Has anyone played the BF 1 beta?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 17:57 (2816 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I find myself interested, despite the fact that I've barely played the last few Battlefield games (even though I bought them).

Chaos tells me it's good

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 18:44 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 19:23 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

I have not, but my best bud has. It's Battlefield, based on the videos. Riding horses gave it a serious Red Dead vibe. I squee (in a historically serious matter) seeing the Ottoman Empire squaring off against the United Kingdom.

Gonna see a lot of new WW1 "experts" online after this. Not exactly a happy war though. Haha.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 20:09 (2816 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I have not, but my best bud has. It's Battlefield, based on the videos. Riding horses gave it a serious Red Dead vibe. I squee (in a historically serious matter) seeing the Ottoman Empire squaring off against the United Kingdom.

Gonna see a lot of new WW1 "experts" online after this. Not exactly a happy war though. Haha.

Definitely not. It's an intriguing detour for the franchise, though. That's the big reason I'm interested.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 20:35 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm playing it, and coincidentally in the middle of reading T.E. Lawrence's Seven Pillars of Wisdom. I recommend both.

Sniping is a lot easier. There are balance issues, but I give them a pass with it being a beta. I do wish TyPe as a little shorter, but I like hardcore modes. I've heard the map featured in the alpha is better, but I'm ok with the map. It is wide open mostly and leads to lots of sniping.

I plan on getting it. I like the Battlefield style gameplay and I really like the setting for this one.

I've been playing it. It's sadly no BF:BC2...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 20:14 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

Despite DICE saying that they wanted to go back to a Bad Company 2 style of gameplay, it really doesn't feel like it. It can be fun, but the gameplay is really weird. TTK is at least 50% slower than other Battlefield games (half a mag on a person for a kill), and the number of vehicles in either gametype is abysmal... Which may be for the best, as the tanks are ridiculously overpowered, and can really only be killed by other tanks, since no class specializes against vehicles (and what equipment they do have tends to feel useless more often than not).

That said, played with my brother as a tank crew, and we had a heck of a time clearing out the enemy (helpless against tanks, remember?). But we felt like Battlefield 4 allows for far more variety and creativity. Because of that, we more than likely will be skipping yet another Battlefield (why can't they just give us Bad Company 3?)...

Anyway, the Beta is still up for a whole week, so feel free to check it out for yourself, though I might post a video at some point...

Planes are cool, tanks are OP, train is FREAKING AWESOME

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 01, 2016, 20:52 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

The bullet is real, btw. Took me forever to get used to.

*sigh* EDIT: bullet drop

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:29 (2816 days ago) @ ZackDark

What's up with English always eating up my words?

*sigh* EDIT: bullet drop

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 02, 2016, 09:52 (2815 days ago) @ ZackDark

What's up with English always eating up my words?

We have to feed the

Crap. Down, boy!

Overwatch Free Weekend (Sept 9-12, PS4). DBO night?

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 18:10 (2816 days ago) @ Korny

I'm supposed to be out of town that weekend, but I may be able to sneak in a Friday night session.

- CC

Overwatch Free Weekend (Sept 9-12, PS4). DBO night?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, September 02, 2016, 00:17 (2816 days ago) @ Korny

I'd be into it. Schedule permitting.

I have yet to try it. Carry please.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 02, 2016, 01:37 (2816 days ago) @ Korny

But yeah, would be up for giving it a go, see what the fuss is alll about.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread