Last Minute Vendor Purchases (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 00:45 (2807 days ago)

I haven't really looked at any vendor weapons since The Taken Spring, and realised today that my last chance to buy anything that stood out was coming up soon.

Any recommendations?

The vendor Hawksaw looks quite nice, but I have a similar one alteady. The FwC Voopguns are both interesting too, as is the Panta Rhay (rhei?). Any other good choices out there?

Last Minute Vendor Purchases

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 01:38 (2807 days ago) @ someotherguy

The vendor Hawksaw is pretty much perfect. New Monarchy has either a great auto rifle or machine gun and FWC has an amazing fusion rifle.

New Monarchy has some seriously underrated rolls (HC aside).

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 06:04 (2807 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by Korny, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 07:01

Righteous VII <Auto Rifle> is in the same class as Red Spectre (but has slightly better range and larger mag). The Vendor roll has Perfect Balance, Reinforced Barrel, and Counterbalance, making it deadly and accurate at long range. As close to a God Roll as it gets without having Persistence (Just be sure to use the SPO-26 Red dot sight).

Conviction II <Sidearm> Rangefinder, Spray And Play, and your choice of three useful perks (Hand Loaded, High Caliber Rounds, or Appended Mag), this one's sure to benefit from the Sidearm buffs. Plus, it's a Hakke, so it has improved muzzle velocity as an intrinsic perk, which makes it stand above sidearms with that alone...

Burden of Proof XI <Shotgun> On paper, the shotgun may not seem too impressive, but the Vendor roll is an underrated weapon. Smooth Ballistics give it a bit of range from the get-go, but Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel put it more or less on par with a Party Crasher. Final Round is a nice perk, but what sets this shotgun apart is the crazy high Rate of fire for its range, and the high reload speed.

Antinomy XVI <Sniper Rifle> Mid-impact sniper, but Surplus and Partial Refund help ensure that you have more ammo than your average marksman. Each of the third-tier perks is useful in different scenarios (Firefly, Quickdraw, Injection Mold), making this a very versatile sniper for both PvE and PvP. The main drawback is the use of proprietary scopes.

Objection IV <Machine Gun> I've been running with The Variable (FWC Machine Gun) for a long while now, but Objection is a better gun in every way except magazine size (35 to 52). The Objection boasts a much higher Impact, and slightly improved Range/reload speed. The Vendor roll takes it a step further with Smooth Ballistics, Counterbalance, and Rangefinder, turning it into a monster at most any range. High Caliber rounds are a nice addition, making the 35 round mag the only drawback to this gun (though to be fair, Qullim's Terminus has a 40-round mag, and nobody's complained about that gun before).

Really, the only bad choice is the Hand Cannon (Appellant III), and even that has Rifled Barrel and Headseeker... My top recommendation is either the Auto Rifle or Machine Gun...

What does improved muzzle velocity actually do?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 06:27 (2807 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Bullets get to bad guys faster.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 06:57 (2807 days ago) @ Ragashingo

More or less removes the awkward projectile delay that most sidearms have.

Thanks all!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, September 12, 2016, 13:03 (2805 days ago) @ someotherguy

Going to pick up an Objection IV and Hawksaw, if I can stump up the Marks.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread