Woah. This Is SERIOUS. (PSA) (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 02:48 (2794 days ago)

This was probably updated sometime ago, and I just didn't think about it until now, but this deserves a fair warning.

I was loading up Destiny, and when the character screen showed up, my controller was on the table about a foot or so away. When I reached for it, my finger pushed the X button for a second or so. Luckily, the cursor was nowhere near my characters, but it got me thinking. I selected one and pressed X, and the bar filled up MUCH faster than it used to. I obviously didn't let it fill up the whole way--I'm not that gullible.

But I will say this about your gaming habits: You need to be even more careful out there. I used a stopwatch(this is freaking disturbing)--unless there's another prompt--which I hope to god there is--you can seriously delete a character from Destiny faster than you can delete an Exotic.

I swear to God.

WATCH.

YOUR.

HABITS.

BE.

CAREFUL.

I'M SERIOUS.

Stay safe out there, guys.

Woah. This Is SERIOUS. (PSA)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 03:53 (2794 days ago) @ Morpheus

On PS4 the other day in the game options menu from the home screen I accidentally selected 'Delete Game' rather than 'Close Game'.
Luckily there is a 'confirm, delete game' screen that comes up. Close call though.
(I'm guessing my save game data would still exist on Bungie Servers even if I delete the game locally?)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 03:55 (2794 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Yeah. You could throw your PS4 into a swimming pool, buy a new one, then buy a new PS4, and all your Destiny stuff would work as if nothing ever happened.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 04:07 (2794 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ha! That was unexpected! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 05:36 (2794 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 06:11 (2794 days ago) @ Pyromancy

On PS4 the other day in the game options menu from the home screen I accidentally selected 'Delete Game' rather than 'Close Game'.
Luckily there is a 'confirm, delete game' screen that comes up. Close call though.
(I'm guessing my save game data would still exist on Bungie Servers even if I delete the game locally?)

Uhh, about that... I flat-out deleted one of my brother's games off of his PS4 when I tried to close it, despite his sounds of confusion. I hit Confirm and everything. Oops.

What's funny is that when you bring up the menu, "Close Application" is automatically selected, and there are no less than five options between that and "Delete". I manually scrolled down and clicked on that without it registering in my head that I was doing it wrong. Go figure...

Why did I even try to close the application in the first place? No idea...

There is a confirm deletion pop up.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 09:07 (2794 days ago) @ Morpheus

I would know as I've deleted my Hunter at least 35 times.

This has been the case for as long as I recall

by Kahzgul, Sunday, September 11, 2016, 14:17 (2793 days ago) @ Morpheus

There have been many posts on reddit about it. Very strange.

Worse: It takes longer to buy something with strange coins than it does to delete your character.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread