On Weapon Skins (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 12, 2016, 12:03 (2792 days ago)

First off I will say that I love the idea of weapon skins. I like that you can customize your weapon to look bad-ass to you just like you can make your Guardian look bad-ass. But the reason I posted, other than be hyped about new bad-ass looking weapons, is that I noticed that the skins might be more than a paint job.

When looking through the Instagram shots of the weapon skins I noticed that they all had paints jobs done to them but the Mida Multi-tool had not only a paint job on the special ops version, but a new feature as well! There are two additional flash light attachments next the the barrel. Could this mean that weapons skins could be more than just a fancy paint job? Personally, I hope so.

Now, the only downside I can think to having additional stuff attached to a gun is that it might not make it look like the class of gun it is. However, this doesn't mean much to me anyway in the scheme of things. This is because when I'm engaging someone in PvP, rarely do I look at their gun mid charge and figure out tactics on the fly. This example mostly applies to situations where they haven't fired at me yet, because I usually know exactly what kind of weapon it is based on that. The exception to this is very unique weapons like Truth and sniper rifles.

I'm just curious what other peoples thoughts are on this...

On Weapon Skins

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 12, 2016, 12:42 (2792 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Bungie did say in a few of the interviews that ornaments could also change geometry of the models. Good job spotting the differences. I missed those. :)

On Weapon Skins

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 12, 2016, 12:50 (2792 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Bungie did say in a few of the interviews that ornaments could also change geometry of the models. Good job spotting the differences. I missed those. :)

Yeah, I've kinda made a point of not watching any of videos/streams they have done so far just to experience clean. I couldn't resist looking at these pictures though :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread