Xbox Blind Raids (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Monday, September 12, 2016, 13:40 (2792 days ago)

So, Kermit and Morpheus have put two events up, and Kermit's is now full, but there must be quite a few more Xbox players out there who want to do this raid blind, but aren't totally sure about their schedule. Maybe we could use this thread to figure it out?

Personally, Friday night is too soon for me to want to push for, but the weekend of Kermit's raid is too busy for me to play, and I don't really want to wait much longer than that.

Therefore, I was thinking about putting up an event for Sunday the 25th, starting sometime in the morning and continuing all day. That's what I ended up doing for Crota's End, and I thought that worked out way better than starting at night and trying to regroup like I did for King's Fall.

What's not clear is if we can (or want to) finish the raid in one day, so it might make sense to try to make teams that have similar schedules/time zones. After the 25th, I could probably swing most week nights, but Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday work best for me (in the eastern time zone).

Anyone in a similar situation? Post your available/preferred times if so. The Fireteam Builder is a great resource and tool, but for this maybe building raid teams based on more information could work out better.

Xbox Blind Raids

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 12, 2016, 13:56 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

Sign me up for a Sunday one if you set one up. Our schedules are really similar so I'm able to run it whenever you are basically.

Xbox Blind Raids

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 12, 2016, 16:12 (2792 days ago) @ unoudid

I know breitzen can't play Saturday, which may not be my team's preference. I seriously doubt we'll finish Friday night.

Xbox Blind Raids

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 12, 2016, 14:07 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

I can be available after 5PM Central on Friday nights and all day Saturday and Sunday (and again after 5PM on Monday if we're still at it).

As long as there are 5 other people committed to figuring the whole thing out for themselves, I'll make my schedule work. I'm trying not to get burned like I did with the King's Fall raid.

-Disciple

Xbox Blind Raids

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Monday, September 12, 2016, 15:45 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

I was going to start one saturday am, 10am ish, in case the west coast wanted in. RevdotNed wants to also, is sunday better for you guys?

Xbox Blind Raids

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 12, 2016, 15:59 (2792 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

Sunday works best for me. I'm supposed to go to NYC for an Oktoberfest get together that Saturday.

Xbox Blind Raids

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 12, 2016, 16:07 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

I penciled you early. You just need to tell me you're in.

Xbox Blind Raids

by squidnh3, Monday, September 12, 2016, 17:04 (2792 days ago) @ Kermit

I appreciate you holding a spot for me, I was just figuring that since I wouldn't be able to play Saturday and probably not till later on Sunday, someone with a better schedule would be more appropriate for that time slot. It looks like that might not be entirely true, so that's the reason for this thread.

It looks like there is still some interest for starting Sunday morning of the first weekend, so I'm going to go ahead and put up an event for then. We can reshuffle as necessary as we get closer to the event, and also as we get a better idea for how long it's going to take to get our light levels up.

Xbox Blind Raids

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 12, 2016, 17:43 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

Okay, for the record, breitzen is in the same boat regarding playing Saturday. Normally, I'd prefer to play as time permits all weekend, but we might decide as a group not to play Saturday. Maybe I'll post about it.

I'm in the eastern time zone

by Durandal, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 00:23 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

So most of the events tend to be too late for me. I'll know more about my schedule as we get closer, lots of job and family stuff getting in the way lately.

I'm in the eastern time zone

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 00:48 (2792 days ago) @ Durandal

Many of us are in the eastern time zone. The latest start time I see right now is 8:30. Still pretty early.

Late(r) Blind?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 01:24 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'm out of town that weekend, but still interested in attempting a blind run. Anyone else feel like taking it a little slower with me?

I'm on the west coast, and already notorious for playing to my moniker's time/title, but if I plan ahead I can play a bit earlier, especially on the weekends.

Xbox Blind Raids

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 02:52 (2792 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'm not sure what my schedule will until Friday of this week. I generally work 1 or 2 of the weekend days unfortunately. I'd really like to get in on a Blind Raid though. It was great doing Kings Fall with Kermit's, and I only put tentative on one of them because I'd like to get a spot. I'll update with more info later this week.

Compromise on Saturday?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 17:43 (2791 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Compromise on Saturday?

by squidnh3, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 19:45 (2791 days ago) @ Morpheus

Personally I can't do Saturday, but it sounds like some people can. Feel free to move your event to that day, there's gotta be enough people lurking around waiting for a good time for them.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread